Old 03-21-2006, 12:07 PM   #16  

Nece:

It's a great looking menu, but it seems waaayyyy to high in carbs. Do you have the counts, and the portion sizes available from your source? Just curious, but this just doesn't sound like induction food. All meals for at least the first 2 weeks should be built around the phase 1 list of acceptable foods, and nothing else. Adding things that aren't on the list become trigger foods for some people.

http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkin...ceptable-foods

Just check over the list and compare. Also, it is a well known fact that some of the Atkin's foods (bars, shakes, etc) can stall. Before Atkin's died, these items were not pushed in the first phase. It seems to have become more of a financial thing with their company since not-so-long-ago they were in bankrupcy. Anyhow, my 2 cents. Good luck.
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:13 PM   #17  
Nece

S/C/G: 195/195/160

Height: 5'2

I don't really have the carb info but, The menu that i put for marita was from Dr. Atkins two week induction diet menu. It did say that it was a start so I thought that it was for the induction. I'll check again.

www.atkinsdietmenu.net
http://www.atkinscenter.com/Archive/...14-373858.html

Last edited by Nydia Rivera; 03-21-2006 at 01:21 PM.
Nydia Rivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:32 PM   #18  

All be darned. Well, when ya read the Rules of Induction the odd thing is #4 says don't eat a single thing NOT on the induction acceptable foods list. So, it sounds really confusing. I'm tellin' ya.. I think who ever has taken over since Atkin's died is changing it up way to much.

To get the carb count and portion sizes for everything, you'd have to look each individual recipe up in their database. *sigh* That's why I just follow the list, and make my own recipes up. LOL
Old 03-21-2006, 03:18 PM   #19  
Nece

I know what you mean. I follow all the things on the acceptable list also. But Marita thinks that it will help her if she had an example of a menu of things she can eat for the first two weeks. I just want to help her out because I know that she can do it.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:06 PM   #20  
Susan hockeyfan7

Here's what I followed:

Breakfast:

1) 2 eggs scrambled in butter or coconut oil or a combo of both with melted cheese and sometimes some onion, mushroom and bell pepper along with several slices of bacon or sausage. Sometimes I add shrimp or crab to the eggs.

2) Sausage links covered in melted cheese.

3) I'd buy the pieces of beef already cut up for stew (they are pretty cheap) and cook them on the George Foreman.

4) I also make a crustless quiche (Take a glass pie plate (you can use a metal one too) and butter it. Put down a layer of shredded cheese of your favorite type (I use a Mexican 4 cheese blend). Add a layer of diced ham. Add a layer of small thin slices of butter. Add another layer of cheese. Beat together 4 eggs, 1 cup of heavy cream, garlic salt, Mrs. Dash and any other spices you like and pour into plate. Top with more cheese. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 45-50 minutes.

Lunch:

1) One cup of salad veggies - my favorite is the Baby Spring Mix lettuce with some chopped cucumber and tomato topped with shredded cheese and ranch salad dressing.

Then I'd eat either a grilled chicken breast or two or a couple of hamburger patties with cheese or some chicken salad or pork chops or steak or shrimp dipped in garlic butter.

Dinner:

My favorite dinner is steak - I can eat it every night. But I also make pork chops, roast beef, chicken, pork roast, ham, shrimp, crab cakes (I just leave out the bread crumbs), grilled salmon or trout. A great way to make grilled salmon or trout is to brush with sugar free maple syrup and coat with chopped macademia nuts.

Add another cup of salad to the meat or have green beans or grilled zucchini or asparagus.

Snacks:

I'd snack all day on cheese cubes, ham & cheese slices spread with cream cheese, deviled eggs, and my favorite which is the Atkins recipe for sausage stuffed mushrooms. And sugar free jello with spray whipped cream.

And sometimes I'd mix it up and have breakfast for dinner and dinner for breakfast.

I lost 100 lbs eating this menu pretty much for a year straight.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:14 PM   #21  
Nece

Wow! You just made me hungry.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:31 AM   #22  

Thank's for everyone who send me some instruction how to eat, and what is your diet. Now I have some better idea what to eat, I felt safe now that I'm not eating the wrong food. Thank's
maria ocasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:42 PM   #23  

Hi everybody, I want to let you know that I loose 5pounds in one week. I'm so happyyyyyyyy
Old 03-23-2006, 04:15 PM   #24  

Congrats Maria. You are off to a great start!!
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:34 AM   #25  

Congrats Maria! Yup, that's the great thing about Atkin's -- you have great susscess, especially during induction! Keep up the good work!
Old 03-24-2006, 09:37 AM   #26  
Baby Steps

WTG on the 5 pounds. Keep up the great work
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:09 AM   #27  

Hi everyone, I'm not happy any more, because I still in the same diet and I gain the 5 pound back, now I depress, I just want to eat what I use to eat, I don't know what to do. Can some one help me, and give me another diet? or I have to stay in the same one, some people told me that some diet don't work for everybody, and now I think that this one is no good for me.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:43 AM   #28  

Hi Maria,

I think that you should stick with it. Your gain is most likely water weight, we all fluctuate within a few pounds. I would keep working at this diet, because Yo-yo dieting is not good for your health. Have you lost inches, do your clothes fit better, do you feel better health wise? Keep trying and dont be so hard on yourself.

Keep a positive attitude! How long have you been doing Atkins? Remember, (I have to remind myself of this often,) you didn't gain your weight in a day, so you cannot lose it that quickly. I believe you said that you joined a gym...that's excellent, exercise is great for you.

Just keep eating right and moving, remembering that you are doing this for your long-term health. YOU CAN DO IT
layners7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:41 AM   #29  

Layners7, thank you for your support, you are rigth, my clothes fit better, and I feel better. I'm going to be positive, and keep eating rigth.
Thank you
Old 04-04-2006, 11:41 AM   #30  

Maria - you aren't going through anything we haven't already. It is tough. It can be hard on the mind when the scale moves in the wrong direction, but as Susan likes to remind us: You can't gain 5 pounds in a few days. The calories you would have to ingest are off the charts; I mean several thousand in one day. It water, and it will come off again.. just be patient.