Old 03-12-2006, 11:08 AM   #1  
Newbie Chick

S/C/G: 255.5/246/199 Short Term

Red face Welcome Me!

hehe. Hi everyone. I'm in search of a new message board group to join. Hope this'll be the place for me. I've been doing low carb (not any "plan" but our(my husband and I) own. We're doing really well os far. Can't believe I've never tried it sooner as easy as it's been. I'm 24yrs old, my husband is 23. We were married October 8th of this year. We're doing this Low carb thing together (thank god), and it's been pretty good. We're both losing nicely. We've only been on it for two weeks now, so still need ideas and tips. Can't wait to get to know you all!
Gablegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:17 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Welcome Kimmy, glad to get to know you jump right in on the weekly posts, (note tomorrow there will be a new one with a similar heading) Your picture is beautiful and look like you are having tons of fun. (your wedding?) And great on gettinghubby to join you in your journey, just be aware that men lose much faster than women do so if he contiues to take off and you slow down a bit that is OK. It is in our genes to hang on the weight.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:34 PM   #3  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

welcome to the group. I just wanted to let you know that this is the best bunch of ladies a girl could ever ask for.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:29 PM   #4  

Welcome, I'm new here too. I've been lurking for about 2 months and it looks like these ladies are about the best support around. You look very happy in your picture. Good luck with your low carb lifestyle. I've been low carbing for almost 3 years and love it. I stalled for about a year because of a TON of things going on in my personal life, but I'm back on target now and feel great.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:00 AM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Glad to see you sneak out of lurkdom M&Gmom!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:22 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Welcome Kimmy and M&Gmom
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:40 AM   #7  

Welcome! I'm pretty new as well, only been here for about a week. I find these ladies soooo supportive!
PJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:47 PM   #8  
Susan hockeyfan7

Welcome, welcome!
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:34 AM   #9  

Welcome! Ya know, my husband and I are doing this together as well, and I started 2 weeks before him. He has lost almost 25 pounds and i'm still at 18. There are moments (when he gets off the scale) that I want to stick a damn pencil in his eye (ok, not literally) and hate that he can take it off a lot easier. I sooo wish he could be 4'11 (not 6'2) and pop out a couple of 9 pound babies and end up with body changes like mine! Um, eeerr, ok.. i'm sounding a little angry here.. Sorry. LOL

My point? Um, I know I had one..

Oh yeah.. just go with the flow, and don't get upset when you see him having an easier time at it. It's one of those damn 'man things' that can really frost your shorts, but just try and ignore it. LOL
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote