Old 01-16-2006, 02:54 PM   #1  
Taaa Daaa!

Default So what do YOU get?

Do you all give yourself any rewards when you hit a goal?

What kind of rewards?

What kind of goals?

Is there a really big reward at when you hit goal weight? (other than having all that weight off!!!)

Just curious

I have 20lbs mini-goals set (or down one size, depending on which comes first. I tend to lose inches before pounds). I will go and buy myself a cute outfit that I really love and do something nice for myself. Maybe an extra nice pedicure, or a facial.

As for my big goal......once I lose my 111 (oh wait, now 107) I will be healthy enough to try for another baby!
Tuuurtlemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/176.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

I haven't lost enough weight, yet to reward myself, but I have two different rewards planned.

What kind of rewards?

The reward for the Valentine Vixen challenge (155 by 2/14) is to have a nice dinner with my hubby and order filet mignon for myself. I don't normally reward myself with food, but filet mignon is Atkins-approved, just VERY expensive and I only order it on special ocassions (like my birthday or anniversary).

The reward for my ultimate goal (135 by 4/30 - my birthday) is to take the day off work as a vacation day and spend it at the local spa. I've never been there, but they've got these all day spa packages where you can get the WORKS...massage, manicure, pedicure, haircut, facial, eyebrows tweezed, etc... It's an expensive proposition, but I figure if I work that hard for that long - I can treat myself to a totally luxurious birthday present.

What kind of goals?

Valentine Vixen - 155 by 2/14
Ultimate - 135 by 4/30

I should probably stick some smaller goals in between there somewhere...

Is there a really big reward at when you hit goal weight? (other than having all that weight off!!!)

ooops! see above!
Morgaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:47 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

sometimes.....but usually not

What kind of rewards?

clothing....the next one will be facial care products

What kind of goals?

the next one is when I get under 200lbs
next one after that is to be at goal! 155lbs by the heat of the summer!

YES!! I want a tummy tuck.....after Ive reached goal, and successfully maintained for 1 yr, I will start to look into it! Hey, I may not need it, but I have that lovely apron on my belly, and it shrinks, but its still there. It may very well be gone by the time I reach goal...if so, I will have saved myself alot of money....if not, it will be removed.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:50 AM   #4  
Going to ONEderland

Mostly for me the excitement of hitting a new goal is reward enough. If the goal is big enough then of course I do have to have certain rewards...

What kind of rewards?

New clothes. There is a reward in being able to fit into clothes I used to could wear, but there is also the reward of being able to go to the store and buy things I would have never bought before.

I know when I did my Body for Life exercise routine and was finishing it I was able to buy some things in the juniors section! Just barely. A few blouses is all and I wasn't that small for long. But it was such a thrill to be able to buy cute clothes, without having to go to the plus size woman's area. My husband was even enjoying watching me shop and buying me things for my smaller body. Now that was fun.

What kind of goals?

Right now I am setting very very tiny goals. Goals I know I can make and quickly. 3 pounds at a time. That is it. I may go as high as 4 or 5 on rare occasions, but 3 is something I can do if I work at it very hard and I can do it within about a week or two. This helps me keep focused. No desire to cheat when I'm aiming for that little tiny goal. When I had BIG goals, my thought process was different. I figured "I'll never get there anyway, so why not just have this one little thing?" It doesn't work for me. I mean even after losing 50 pounds I still had 100 more to lose to be at my "ideal" weight.

I began looking for reasons why I didn't have to lose back to 130, I began playing math games with myself. Checking my body fat percentages, realizing that to lose all the way to where I had always wanted to be, I would have to lose muscle mass (something I don't want to do). So I modified my ultimate goal. That really didn't work either because even that seemed way too far away.

So now I only look a few pounds ahead. Forget the big picture. I'm focused on the small picture and it helps me keep motivated. I started to create a goal line on here the other day that showed my first start point and my ultimate goal and I looked at it and realized how discouraged it made me and decided not to include it. I did include one that aims for my next 3 pound goal. This way when I get there I AM rewarded by knowing I made my goal. Then I will set a new goal.

I also left on the goal I had set earlier this month with the words "you made it" HEY I need all the encouragement I can get! Why not enjoy one success even while aiming for the next one?

It is all mind games ladies. If we can play with our minds in such a way that we WANT to continue, we will. If we discourage ourselves we won't.

Oh yeah. If I ever make it that far, there will have to be a WHOLE NEW WARDROBE! Nothing I have now will fit anymore. Not only that, but I will have to start getting rid of fat clothes. If I make it to my ultimate goal, then my closet will be empty and then be gradually refilling with cute, wonderful clothes. And I will refuse to EVER gain it back again. I might even color my hair again if I ever get there.

I have very silvery hair which I have been letting grow out because I kind of like the white color of it. Yes, it makes me look old I guess, but then I am old. (almost 50) If I get to my ultimate goal I will probably not want this silver grey hair anymore.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:28 PM   #5  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

yes, I reward myself TOO much. I've got clothes for myself, tons of new sexy panties and bras, an ipod and for my 50 lb loss I went blonde. I'm crossing my fingers for either a new car or cosmetic surgery (tuck or breasts) for final goal

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:26 PM   #6  
Taaa Daaa!

Lacey, you sound like me! I can't wait to start having a blast
Tuuurtlemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:38 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

IF my belly ever gets flat (and I mean flat--not just hanging there) I want to get my belly button pierced.

Otherwise? I've gotten new clothes. Now I've got to work my tushy (no pun intended) back INTO those clothes!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:42 AM   #8  

You know that is a really good question. I'll be working hard and I should reward myself ( lean, heathy is the ultimate of course) but hey a girl's gotta do, what a girls gotta do . Other than I would really like a boob lift when I reach my goal and win the lottery to pay for it, I haven't given that any thought yet. Over the next week I will ponder your question and thanks for asking it
canne is offline   Reply With Quote