3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Jan. 16th to 22nd Weekly Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/73039-jan-16th-22nd-weekly-chat.html)

beckamundo 01-16-2006 08:53 AM

Jan. 16th to 22nd Weekly Chat

Well this weekend was not how it said it would be on Friday. I did exercise some, but not enough. I did eat some of the right foods, but more the wrong foods than needed. I could have made good choices, I just didn't. I'm not making any excuses, I just got mad and said the **** w/everything. Today will be better.

I will comment later on today/tonight. Have a good & OP day.

Leenie 01-16-2006 09:40 AM

Hi Chicklets... :D

Have an extra wonderful week :)

lady_adnerb 01-16-2006 02:10 PM

Bec: I think there are just days we throw in the towel..and then the next day pick it back up and go on :) You're doing SO great! Keep up the great work!!

Leenie: :wave: How's it going??

Well, my sisters surgery went well. VERY fast. And I didn't have to do a thing for the GS meeting tomorrow. I did the 2 mile WATP tape and when DH comes home I'm going to make him do a tape with me :lol: He said he needed to start exercising as well. I don't feel as tired/sore after doing the 2 mile as I thought I would. So I'm pumped!! Still drinking the cappuccino and looking forward to it being gone and drinking more water. Hoping that'll bump off some of this weight. Even if I lost a pound a week I'd be happy :) I took my measurements and I'll keep track of them during my WI on Saturdays. I've got measurements from when I first started. YIKES! That'll teach me. I should see if I can make a graph of them! lol. Shock treatment!! Anyway, hope everyone is having an OP day and getting their water in :)

RobinW 01-16-2006 02:20 PM

Afternoon :sunny:

EM and Tennessee~ check in pls. Tenn, we havent heard from you since the holidays. I hope your mom is alright. Em, you made a very passionate post last we heard from you, if you're lurking, pop in and say hey and that you're ok.

Well, I didnt get on the scale this morning, but I did pull out the measuring tape! I've lost 6.5 inches (all over) I havent a clue what that translates to lbs, but I dont plan to get on the scale until the 25th....thats one month from xmas, then again on the 14th. So as long as the tape measure shows a decline, Im not going to worry about it. :)

Ive discovered something. Everyone promotes green tea for its weightloss properties. Well, I never noticed a difference when I drank it. BUT Ive noticed a huge difference in my skin and overall appearance! For the last few months I had been trying everything I could get my hands on to brighten up my face. It just seemed so grey and dull....lots of shadows. I was eating great, getting lots of sleep, and taking my vitamins. I couldnt figure out what was going on, I felt like I was looking older and older by the day. Not a good thing! Ive been drinking green tea (hot) for the last week. My complextion is visibly brighter, and I look so much more rested!! I always knew this tea was good for my skin, because I always seen the difference, but for some reason this winter, it has made a huge difference! So.....there is my endorsement for green tea :D

If you are ever looking for another motivational thread, check this one out..
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72927

Im off to go for my walk, then a workout (which I dont want to do :( ) BUT I know I can get to goal by the summer, and Im going to do my best to get there!

Later!

RobinW 01-16-2006 02:22 PM

Brenda~ Im glad your sisters surgery went well. A weight off your mind Im sure. :) Keep up with the water. Good for you getting your dh to do a workout with you. I cant mine to do any workout tapes. He will get on the trampoline tho. Babysteps with them :lol:

Sonnet 01-16-2006 02:24 PM

Hi everyone, I hope everyone stays on plan today. I have, so far. :crossed:
I was ready to go to town and get a bunch of things done, but I forgot it's a holiday, so here I sit with a check and no place to cash it. Well, that puts a halt to all my plans. Looks like I get to stay home and do fun housework while wearing mascara and lipstick. :lol:

RobinW 01-16-2006 02:26 PM

while wearing mascara and lipstick? hmmmm..... is hubby around? ;)

Sonnet 01-16-2006 02:27 PM

PS I need to read last weeks thread and catch up on everyone so I can do personals. :dizzy:

ChrisNeedsLessWeight 01-16-2006 02:36 PM

Hi..and I guess I will just jump right into weekly chat.. LOL Iam not sure where to talk about specific things so if I am messing up just let me know.. Okay I am curious what you all do for exercise?? I am having a bad few days and this is going to sound awful but..... my daughter (who is 4) came down with the throw up bug saturday night.. now usually over the weekend I will not exercise both days so not being able to do it sunday wasn't a HUGE deal even though in the back of my mind all day I really wanted to.. but with football on and all I knew no one could take care ofher like me.. so I skipped...well this morning I was planning to get up at 6am to do my treadmill even though it is a holiday and all the kids would be sleeping I just knew if I didn't get up early I wouldn't get a change.. so I set the alarm but 5mins before it is ready to go off Jenna wakes up sick again.. :( So now she is a bit better now more vomitting but I feel so guilty becuase all I can think about is when/how I can exercise today... have any of you ever felt this obcessed with it??? I am truly thinking about bringing her to the playroom and doing my treadmill but what if she gets sick while down there I will feel horrible.. if I wait til hubby gets home then it is late and I hate exercising at night because then I can't sleep... AHHH I don't knwo what to do but I know I am dying thinking I have to skip another day.... I am terrible huh?? here my daughter is sick... I feel awful but I have never in my 12 years of being a SAHM thought about myself.. and now I finally am and I feel guilt.. go figure.. okay done ramblin thanks for listening if you got this far.. :)

ChrisNeedsLessWeight 01-16-2006 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobinW
Well, I didnt get on the scale this morning, but I did pull out the measuring tape! I've lost 6.5 inches (all over) I havent a clue what that translates to lbs, but I dont plan to get on the scale until the 25th....thats one month from xmas, then again on the 14th. So as long as the tape measure shows a decline, Im not going to worry about it. :)

That is AWESOME... WTG:bravo:

bnbsmommy1 01-16-2006 02:55 PM

Hi girls, just wanted to pop in and see how you were all doing!!!!

:wave:

spent the weekend with biological father having christmas with the family. He didn't utter a single word about my weight loss so far but I'm realizing now that it wasn't him that I'm doing this for anyway.

Gettin' a new king size bed put in today and can't wait, we've been sleeping on a queen with my 3 year old who refuses to sleep in her bed and it's been getting a little...ummmm..crowded.

On another topic...what do y'all think about breast implants?? There's a girl at work getting them and it got me to thinking about maybe possibly getting them or getting what I have lifted. How do you all feel about it for yourselves?? Have any pro or con stories??

ChrisNeedsLessWeight 01-16-2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnbsmommy1
On another topic...what do y'all think about breast implants?? There's a girl at work getting them and it got me to thinking about maybe possibly getting them or getting what I have lifted. How do you all feel about it for yourselves?? Have any pro or con stories??

First off WTG on your weight loss even if your Bio Dad didn't say a word I am from your counter on teh bottom.. WTG keep up the GREAT job!!!

Hmm the whole breast implant I think this... and this is JMO... I would LOVE to have a lift on my chest once I am done loosing weight.. I won't get a breast implants for a few reasons..... now this is based also on the ones I have seen so I am sure there is information that I don't know haven't seen. I wouldn't get one because I feel from seeing Plastic Surgery on TV it is sooo darn invasive.. I just don't think that is worth it IMO...and as far as the appearance after.. they look great in some clothing but honestly I can tell they are fake.. there is very few that I was shocked they were fake.. if they would look more 'natural' in there liftiness (is that a word..lol) I would be more for it.. but they rock affect non movement up so high is what is unappealing to me.. now mind you if mine were like that I wouldn't be complaining.. so it is a double edged sword to me.. lol I know i am no help at all huh? Good luck in your decision

RobinW 01-16-2006 05:20 PM

Lacey, glad you're back! As for the breast surgery....I wouldnt do it. I would love to mind you, but I enjoy them....and so does dh...just the way they are. Without giving out too much information....if I had implants it just wouldnt be the same...and I honestly dont think dh and I would have as much fun ;) Id love to have them lifted and looking perky again, but hey, Im 40, this is where they are suppose to be, I like them well enough. Im not going to mess with them just yet ....maybe in a few more years :D I do want a tummy tuck tho!!! My ultimate weight loss goal prize!

SherryA 01-16-2006 10:01 PM

Hi guys, I was really happy with the scale this morning. I've only been trying again to take off the weight since December 13th. The scale shocked me that day (at 268.5). Horrors!

So I lost a little while just beginning to think about it and then started Atkins again on January 1st. I started with very modest goals for the month. On January 4th I weighed 264.5 So I set 259 for my goal. Reached that on January 7th. Then I set a new goal of 255. I reached that one today. So now my new goal before the month is over is 252. When I reach that point I will be exactly 30 pounds down from my all time high weight that I had in 2000 before I first started Atkins.

Yeah. I'm really impatient. Trying not to be, trying just to let it come when it comes. But I love getting on that scale and seeing a new lower number!

Celebrating EVERY success. My body feels SO much better just from a month ago. I know it is only 13 and a half pounds, but it is really amazing the difference in my clothing already. I put my black stretchy pants on today and they didn't feel like they were about to rip the seams out! A month ago that would have been what would have happened.

Atkins is a wonderful diet. I think this time I'm really going to make it all the way. The difference? I think the change has finally hit and I won't have those hormonal swings (and chocolate cravings) to deal with so much any more.

lady_adnerb 01-17-2006 07:11 AM

Robin: Any type of green tea or a specific type? I'll have to look into that, thanks for the advice :) WTG on the inches gone!!

Sonnet: :wave:

Christine: WTG on thinking of yourself! Sometimes you have to or you'll just go BONKERS. I can speak from experience because for the LONGEST time (MANY years) I did the same thing. Then I finally started taking time for ME. So keep up the great work!!

Lacey: I'm not for breast implants. Mainly because it can be dangerous and most often it doesn't look natural. But it's a personal choice.

Sherry: :wave: WTG on making your goals and remember...slow and steady wins the race. You didn't gain weight overnight (even though sometimes I think I did :lol: ) so you won't lose it all overnight. Keep up the great attitude :)

Well, another day and I stayed up WAYYY too late last night. But I'm so proud of myself for all the exercise I got in yesterday. And I feel GREAT! Well, my body is a little out of it, but not as bad as I thought I'd be. And I "feel" better-know what I mean? Won't have time to do a ton of exercising today. I need to figure out a way to strength train my legs. I've got a barbell in the basement for my arms and such but not really anything for my legs. Suggestions anyone??

beckamundo 01-17-2006 09:30 AM

Morning all!
Yesterday was an OP day food & exercise wise. I started getting that nice carb headache yesterday. Which I deserve after my bad weekend. The scale is down a pound today and I realize that I have only 4 more weeks from today for the Vixen Challenge and I have like 11lbs I want to loss. It's doable, not the healthiest way to do it though. I'm on induction again and gonna try and stick w/this at least until next Friday with Saturday being the only day this week that I may not be on it 150%. I am hosting a party at my house for my home based business and there will be LOTS of food sampling, which it is healthier food that is why I am having the party. But I am gonna do my best.

Brenda~Good Job on the exercise. You sound like such a different person than when I first started coming in here. You are drinking your water, staying OP and exercising. THAT IS GREAT!!! Keep up the good job!! Did the dh workout w/you last night?

Robin~Is it plain green tea or can it be like citrus falvored? I have some of that in my cupboard and that would make a nice treat as ice tea or hot tea I'm thinking. KUDOS on the inches lost. You go girl!! I read that thread, WOW. How moving and thanks for sharing. There was a lot in there I could relate to.

Christine~It's normal to feel guilty, we are mom's. Maybe break down the workout in 5 minutes time slots. This way you can head down after she gets sick or is even resting and workout real quick, check on her again then go back. Good luck w/it, hope she feels better soon and remember, you have to do this so you will be there for her years from now.

Lace~About the boob job, I wouldn't recommended it just because of all the horror stories I have heard. I know someone who has had one and has had no problems, but I just don't know. For me, I wouldn't, but then I've got the Appalachin Mountins right below my chin. LOL

Sherry~KUDOS on your loss!! That is awesome. Keep up the good work!

Well have a great & OP day!

RobinW 01-17-2006 09:35 AM

Good Morning :coffee:

Brenda~ I drink Salada, traditional green tea. I have a box of both regular, and decaf (for the evenings) I also have a box of Zen green tea from starbucks...it has mint and a hint of lemon in it. Its really nice too, and I dont need anything in it. With the other I need a bit of splenda, about a 1/2 a tsp. Make sure when you brew it, you do not pour boiling water on the bag, pour the water in your cup, wait about 2 min, then put the bag in and steep it no more than 3 min. Otherwise, you will get a very bitter tea. As for leg exercises...you can use the weighted balls you have for WATP and do these http://www.thefitmap.co.uk/tools/exe...-exercises.htm I wish I could say the same as you....my body hurts :( Im not working out very hard, enough to break a sweat, and Im not pushing it too much because I dont want to hurt myself. Im honestly thinking I might need to up my carbs a bit to help heal the muscles. I'll see how Im feeling tomorrow morning.

Im home alone today, so I might actually get some stuff done!!! I'll do some experimenting with the head of cauliflower in the fridge...get some vacuuming done, and my walk in. Thats about all I have planned for my day. Should be busy enough.

Have a good one ladies

RobinW 01-17-2006 09:40 AM

Bec~ we must have been posting at the same time :) Yup, with citrus is fine, just check the carb count. Mine is has lemon verbena and mint tea mixed with it...and its fine. I drink about 4 cups of green tea a day (2 decaf)
I did the calendar check yesterday too for the vixen challenge....you can do it!! Keep your eyes on the prize!

SherryA 01-17-2006 11:31 AM

Lady Adnerb,

The barbell for your arms will work for your legs too. You can do squats with the barbell held across your shoulders. You can get a block of wood, put your toes on it, and your heels hanging off and do calf extensions. Essentially all you do with that is to raise up on your toes, and then lower so that your heels are lower than your toes. Repeat 10 times. To make it harder you use weights held in your hands (or on your shoulders). To vary it you can do another 10 with your toes pointed outward, heels in, or vice versa.

You have to be very careful with this exercise though to start with. Most of us aren't used to having our heels lower than out toes, and those calves don't get worked that way very often. Therefore a little goes a LONG way and if you do too many you may find you have trouble walking in a few days when your muscles start to feel it! Glutamine is good for achy muscles, and will make some of that soreness go away faster. But better yet, start slow!

To work the hamstrings, you can do what they call straight legged dead lifts. Put the barbell in front of your feet, and bend from the waist and lift it. Keep it close to your body, close to your knees. Keep legs straight, with maybe just a tiny bit of bend at the knees.

These three exercises will work all the three major muscles in your legs.

Here's a great website that will show you how to do the various exercises with correct form using barbells, dumbbells or machines. The pictures are animated so if you do them like the pictures are, you can do them with good form and not hurt yourself. : http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html -

Sonnet 01-17-2006 12:25 PM

Quote:

while wearing mascara and lipstick? hmmmm..... is hubby around? ;)

Why Yes Robin, Yes, he was. :s: LOL

Hi everyone. I have to leave now, but I wanted to check in and say a quick hi.

I'll sneak in a couple of personal here...

Brenda, I'm glad your sisters surgery went well. I hope she's feeling better today too.

Christine, I hope your daughter's feeling better soon and hope you can work a little exercise in somewhere.

Gotta run and get ready...Be back later

bnbsmommy1 01-17-2006 12:34 PM

:D hi ya girls!! Thanks for the green tea advice, I'm going to look into it!

GUESS WHAT!! I BOUGHT A BATHING SUIT!! For the first time in 12 years! It's a tankini and has bottoms and an optional skirt :)

It's the brown one here: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000BWQ6DC

and the best part is that it came from the womens section and I didn't have to buy a plus size mumu dress lookin' one :carrot:

anyway, haven't got my walking in yet today and I need to DRINK MORE water but overall I'm doing okay.

Looks like you girls are doing awesome!!! Have a great day!!!

Lacey

RobinW 01-17-2006 12:56 PM

Then I hope you had a very enjoyable afternoon Sonnet :D

lady_adnerb 01-17-2006 02:58 PM

Bec: Do your best staying OP. Sometimes it's just not possible--so just do the best you can. Thanks for noticing the improvement in my attitude :lol: I FEEL like I did when I first started this WOE. Determined and gung-ho!!! And yup, DH exercised with me last night (it's one reason I got 4 miles in!) and wanted the vcr tape ready for him when he got home tonight :)

Robin: Dang, was hoping the green tea was in pill form. I'm not a fan of hot tea. Guess I'll forego it! Thanks for the information about the tea and the leg exercises. I'll have to print it out and see how I can work that in :)

Sherry: Thanks for the information you've given me. I've done the exercise you've talked about with the toes and then lifting the heels before--and you're right! They're brutal! I'll definitely have to add that in somehow though :lol:

Sonny: have a great day :wave: And my sister must have taken the day off today as well (as I got an email from her this morning), so I replied to find out how she was feeling. Thanks for asking :)

Lacey: WTG on buying the swimsuit! And it's adorable! I love it! I'm a fan of tankini's myself!! Keep up the great work and I bet you look spectacular in it!!

Well, except for the lack of water, I'm getting things right. Definitely need to skip the cappuccino and go straight for water. I think that'd flush all the junk out and with the exercise I've been doing I need the fluids. The walk & kick video I got for Christmas wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be. But it was a blast!!! So will make for a nice change to my other exercises. Maybe I'll do that video and then add the step program into my exercise. I loved doing that as well. Not quite brave enough to try and do the dance tape again. :lol: Well, off to go get some water. If I chug fast enough I'll get my required amount in yet today--and spend all night in the bathroom expelling it :lol:

RobinW 01-17-2006 04:11 PM

Brenda~ you can get green tea in pill form!! I havent looked into it, because I find making and drinking the tea distracts me from wanting goodies. Ive even got a special cup for green tea (cuz it stains my other cups) You do what works right? :lol:

beckamundo 01-18-2006 07:18 AM

Morning!!! Yesterday was OP all the way around again. I'm pretty proud of myself. DD hurt her ankle last night so she isn't gonna be going to school today. Last time she did this it looked fine but when she cam home it was nasty looking. So we are gonna keep in elevated and iced today.

Brenda~If you like ice tea you can do green tea like that, or so I have been told. What do you think about that Robin? I'm a HUGE ice tea person, I do like hot tea in the winter though. Keep up the awesome job you are doing good!! It is so great hearing you talk highly about the exercises you are doing. :)

Lace~Woo Hoo:carrot: , a bathing suit. That is great!! I can't wait till I get to that point!!

Robin~Hope you get to feeling better and that your muscles start feeling better!! I hate :mad: that sore feeling. It makes it hard to want to exercise.

Sonnet~Hello!!!!!:wave:

Sherry~WOW those exercises sound like fun???? LOL :D Good ideas!!!

Have a great & OP day!

gonna_be_150 01-18-2006 07:32 AM

Morning all. Probably won't be able to catch up with everyone till the weekend (boys are with their dad this weekend). I wish I could particpate more often, but the aid/therapists/teacher, etc, etc. coming back to work after the Christmas Break eats up way more of my day than I remembered it doing Pre-Christmas. Seems like someone is always here & I have to play happy hostess all day long. Quite tired of it really & can't wait till summer. Anyhew, looks like everyone is doing great!!

lady_adnerb 01-18-2006 08:29 AM

Bec: Sorry to hear about DD's ankle. Hope it gets better soon. WTG on staying OP!!! I've been drinking some Lipton Diet Green Tea. It's not bad. I'm hoping it's "flushing" whatever it's supposed to :lol:

Stacie: Don't worry about doing personals. Just keep checking in and letting us know how you're doing :)

Well, I'm SUPER tired today. I don't think I'll get any exercise in. I'm going to finish my 1st glass of water (haven't drank ANY cappuccino today. And I'm thinking of getting rid of it totally on Saturday. Friday is bowling night and I really don't want the caffeine headache now AND on Saturday again. So I'll make sure it's all gone by then :lol: ) then take a quick nap. Then get the stuff I need done. Hopefully I get some energy because I hate skipping days of exercise. But maybe my body's saying "hey, slow down a bit" and of course I'll listen today. Jump right back on tomorrow again :)

RobinW 01-18-2006 09:25 AM

Good Morning

Have I mentioned I hate buffalo in the winter? :dz:

Bec~ yup, I make green tea iced tea in the summer all the time. I add the juice on a whole lemon to the jug too with 1/3 cup splenda for the whole thing. Makes me miss summer!!!

Brenda~ must be something in the air....Im sitting here yawning like crazy.

Stacie~ sounds like you're very busy, but if you manage to pop in daily and say hi, thats good enough :D I find checking in here every day helps my weight loss efforts.

Im still quite sore today, I took it easy yesterday, just walking for exercise. I'll see for today, Im suppose to do a lower body workout.

Not much planned for the day.....have a good one ladies :)

SherryA 01-18-2006 12:09 PM

Yesterday I had a "ketosis headache" almost all day. I'm not sure what level of ketosis I'm at, probably a dark purple the way I've been feeling, and I know I should up the water to dilute it somewhat.

I prefer to drink most of my water midday though so that when I weigh in the morning I can see whether I've lost or not. With water fluxuations happening too much it is hard to tell.

Anyway I was pleased this morning to get on the scale and find that even very early in the morning (before the time I would usually weigh), my scale read my lowest figure for yesterday. Than an hour or two later it weighed a pound less! YAY! Nine pounds to go for the Valentine's day challenge to be met, and 2 more to meet my 3rd January goal. I've been setting a modest goal for the month and then when I reach it I set a new one. If I reach it by the end of the month I'll be satisfied, but it is a thrill to reach it early and have a chance to set a next one. I'm already on my 3rd goal for the month and very close to that point so I'm excited!

I agree those exercises I mentioned are "brutal". Especially the calf raises. Easy to do, but watch out for the pain a day or two later!

One thing that is really wonderful for any sort of muscle soreness caused by exercise is glutamine. It is an amino acid (which they say are the "building blocks of protein") so it is healthy and good to take. It is the "most abundant" amino acid in the body. Using it in pill or powder form helps those muscles to heal faster, helps the lactic acid (which is where the "burn" comes from when you workout) go away.

Has anyone here done Body for Life? Or are you now? That is some intense exercise! I did it back about 3 years ago now. It is a 12 week program of working out 6 days a week. 20 minute aerobics 3 days a week, and alternating upper and lower body workouts the other there days (with one between them for the areobics part). I didn't lose any weight because I couldn't stick to Atkins during that time and I didn't want to do their diet. But I did build some nice muscle during that time and lost some fat.

It is an intense program for anyone interested.

RobinW 01-18-2006 01:46 PM

Yes Ive heard of it....its the exercise program I am doing now. I lost about 8lbs on it, but dropped an entire size! It's an intense workout, but very easy to do, and you dont have to spend all day in a gym to get the stuff done. I can handle 20 min of cardio! Even if it is all out suckin' wind cardio. Then you're done for the day :D

Another note about green tea.....I was out and about last night, and checked some of the vitamin places for it. I also did some checking online. From what I have learned, if you're going to take it in supplement form, take it in the liquid green tea extract form. Each dose equals approx 4 cups of tea. Pretty good, but I havent been able to find caffine free in the stores, only online.

Im having one of those days :( I want to cuddle up wiht a big chocolate bar, and a box of hoho's!!!!! Im glad I told dh how I was feeling....he reminded me how I feel when I eat that crap. Doesnt stop me from wanting them, but it helped a little. Just one of those days I should have stayed in bed.

Im workin' up the gumpshin to go workout....dont want to do that either :lol:

lady_adnerb 01-18-2006 02:45 PM

Robin: Step away from the hoho's and chocolate bars (if you even have them in the house). You're doing GREAT so keep up the great work! I'm SO confused. How do they get all that tea in a liquid pill form? And it has caffeine? What exactly is green tea supposed to do? And where would you order it online? Much appreciated :)

Sherry: That is awesome that you're meeting your goals so fast! And thanks for all the exercise information you've been sharing :)

I went and took a nap. Then ran my errands. I was going to exercise, but I think I'll wait until DH comes home and exercise with him. Then instead of the 1 mile I was thinking of doing, I'll HAVE to push myself to do the 2 mile. lol. I know--I said I was going to rest today. But it's like I HAVE to do it. If I don't, I'll kick myself and be back to being a lazy slug!! Water intake yesterday had to have come DANG close to "goal". I lost track of time AND amount. But I know I was slugging it down quite a bit. So did pretty good I'd say. Working on it today :)

ChrisNeedsLessWeight 01-18-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckamundo
Christine~It's normal to feel guilty, we are mom's. Maybe break down the workout in 5 minutes time slots. This way you can head down after she gets sick or is even resting and workout real quick, check on her again then go back. Good luck w/it, hope she feels better soon and remember, you have to do this so you will be there for her years from now.

That is so true Bec that I have to be healthier for them in the future.. I just wanted you guys to know she wasn't still vomiting at this time.. she was just not feeling well.. I did end up doing my treadmill with her watching TV on the couch next to me....she was fine actually she was cute and told me "mommy you walk I will sit here".. she is a doll... So thanks all of you for the great words.. :)

Christine

ChrisNeedsLessWeight 01-18-2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnbsmommy1:
GUESS WHAT!! I BOUGHT A BATHING SUIT!! For the first time in 12 years! It's a tankini and has bottoms and an optional skirt :)

It's the brown one here: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000BWQ6DC

That is a CUTE suit Lacey... wtg on being able to get that... so cute.. :) I love tankini's they are my favorite....

Christine

ChrisNeedsLessWeight 01-18-2006 04:41 PM

Quote:

Brenda~ you can get green tea in pill form!! I havent looked into it, because I find making and drinking the tea distracts me from wanting goodies. Ive even got a special cup for green tea (cuz it stains my other cups) You do what works right? :lol:

my daily vitamin has green tea in it... not sure how much or anything but I do know they are available in the vitamins or just a seperate pill.. :)

ChrisNeedsLessWeight 01-18-2006 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherryA
Yesterday I had a "ketosis headache" almost all day. I'm not sure what level of ketosis I'm at, probably a dark purple the way I've been feeling, and I know I should up the water to dilute it somewhat.

what is a ketosis headache??? Also you don't want your color to be dark purple?? I am so silly I just go by those strips and assumed that the darker the better...the more weight would come off.. is that not true?? Thanks

ChrisNeedsLessWeight 01-18-2006 04:49 PM

Quote:

Yes Ive heard of it....its the exercise program I am doing now. I lost about 8lbs on it, but dropped an entire size! It's an intense workout, but very easy to do, and you dont have to spend all day in a gym to get the stuff done. I can handle 20 min of cardio! Even if it is all out suckin' wind cardio. Then you're done for the day :D

Im having one of those days :( I want to cuddle up wiht a big chocolate bar, and a box of hoho's!!!!! Im glad I told dh how I was feeling....he reminded me how I feel when I eat that crap. Doesnt stop me from wanting them, but it helped a little. Just one of those days I should have stayed in bed.

Im workin' up the gumpshin to go workout....dont want to do that either :lol:

Ohh that workout sounds awesome... is there a specific name for it?? please let me know. Thanks

Ohhh Robin that is an awful feeling when you want something so badly but you knokw you will feel even worse for eating it....Step back from the closet and go exercise.. .just knokw that you are not alone in your "wanting" but you will be sooo happy when you don't eat it... I am sorry though you are having a tough time today... ((((hugs))))

RobinW 01-18-2006 04:49 PM

Brenda~ if you google "benefits of green tea" you will find heaps of info. I just find making the tea to be distracting enough to keep away from other stuff.

I can say I have successfully managed to keep op this afternoon. I dont have any of that stuff in the house...I couldnt, I would eat it!! :dizzy: I had 2 cups of tea, and Im about to go make a 3rd....kinda like a crutch, but hey it works :)

Dh got our walk in at the mall, then thats it....Im waiting for the day to be over!

RobinW 01-18-2006 04:52 PM

Thanks Chris :) the program is called body for life, if you look up body for life.com it has all the exercises explained in detail.

ChrisNeedsLessWeight 01-18-2006 04:55 PM

Quote:

Thanks Chris :) the program is called body for life, if you look up body for life.com it has all the exercises explained in detail.

Doing that now.. thanks so much

RobinW 01-18-2006 06:21 PM

your welcome :)

Well Im feeling better, Ive eaten my supper, and made extra, so Im nice and full :D Thanks ladies....with you and my dh, I made it thru the roughest part of my day.