3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Jan. 16th to 22nd Weekly Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/73039-jan-16th-22nd-weekly-chat.html)

Tennessee 01-18-2006 11:44 PM

Hi Girls :)
I am so out of the loop! I can't believe I've been gone a whole month.

I can't begin to tell about everything that happened, except to say that God delivered a miracle and I'm still in shock. Amazing that you beg God for the moon, and then when he gives it to you you can't quite believe that it happened. The doctors said that when they took her off the respirator Mom would only breathe on her own for about an hour, then she'd die. Not only did she not die, she went home (with assistance from hospice) the next day. She's off the catheter, off Morphine, not in any pain, alert, walking, talking, able to go potty by herself, etc. I asked the pulminologist what's going on, and he just grined and shruged and said doctors don't know everything. I do though, God answered our prayers in a mighty way :)

Plan wise... ummmmmm...:o
There wasn't much at the hospital cafeteria that was OP, and to tell you truth, sometime during week two I just said the heck with it. I ate a few Christmas cookies and some candy, but it really didn't taste that good to me so I didn't eat much of it. I wasn't OP, I ate sandwiches, oatmeal, apples, oranges, stuff like that. I'll weigh in when I go back to work tomorrow morning, but since my clothes fit fine I don't think it'll be too bad. Now that I'm home I need to go grocery shopping and start back on induction - ewww, not looking forward to that.

It's good to be home, good to sleep in my own bed, and I'm looking forward to getting back into my comfy rut :)

Tenn

SherryA 01-19-2006 01:15 AM

Ketosis headache is when you just feel kind of weird. Like a headache just behind your forehead, but a dull ache, not sharp or intense, just nagging and annoying. I think for me it might partly mean that I haven't been drinking enough water. Dark purple sticks, can mean the same thing. With low carb you don't retain as much water, so you have to drink more and if you don't drink enough, the ketosis test strips get dark purple and you can feel kind of rotten.

Usually after you've been doing it awhile you don't get these icky feelings, unless you are a bit dehydrated or have been going really low on the carbs.

Body for Life is an AWESOME program. You really have to commit to it though. It isn't something you can just say 'I think I'll do this.' You have to decide in advance that you can last working out that much for 6 days a week for 12 weeks! I just couldn't do it and do Atkins at the same time, but I dropped a dress size when I did it too, and also dropped a LOT of fat and gained a lot of muscle. No weight loss, (I couldn't stick to any particular diet during that time) but lots of fat loss and lots of muscle gain. Based on my fat calipers I figured out that I probably lost about 15 pounds of fat and gained that much in muscle, but that was just a guess.

Those killer aerobics though... I'm not sure they need to be done in such an extreme way. Or maybe I just made them too extreme because I have a bad habit of trying to be a perfectionist. I do know I overdid them.

So Robin, did you find that when you did it you had a hard time seeing any real results during the first 5 weeks or so? I could not believe that you could work out that hard and not see any difference for that long a time! Then I read John Hussman's site and figured out that was normal and so hung in there. Then on the 6th week and thereafter I started seeing some definite changes. Was that true for you too?

beckamundo 01-19-2006 08:19 AM

Tenn~It is great news about your mom. YEAH!! Glad to hear from you. Robin was wondering about you and asking for you to pop in. That God is a wonderful being!! Good luck w/everything and w/all that you had going on, I'm proud that you didn't devour the whole plate of cookies, I would have. :)

Robin~Glad you are getting through. HUGS!!!! Each day will make it easier. Keep your eyes on the goal. I made some green tea yesterday, made it into ice tea, but it is a nice change from regular weather. Thanks for that reminder about green tea.

I am doing okay. Last night dh and I got into a huge fight and it just wasn't pretty. I didn't turn to food, but I also didn't get my 2 mile bike ride in or my reverse crunches (I normally do this right before shower and bed and last night I just cleaned and cleaned). I did workout earlier in the afternoon 45 minutes of aerobics. We still aren't really talking, well I should say I'm not talking to him. I don't want to get into the details but lines were crossed and I have been down this road w/him before and I just never thought I would see this side of him again. I am hoping to keep it together food wise and get in some exercise. DD's school canceled again today so I can do my shopping in town this am and take the kids out to lunch. Hopefully everything will work out here soon, I'm just not ready to go forth with any talks w/him right now. Well I'm outta here for now, have a good & OP day!

lady_adnerb 01-19-2006 08:33 AM

Chris: :wave: How's it going?

Robin: WTG on staying on track! You're doing so awesome and I love listening to your advice :)

Tenn: OMG Thank you SO much for writing all that. It's great to see other proofs that God DOES provide miracles. I LOVE IT!! And I completely understand about the hospital food! Welcome back :)

Sherry: Thanks for all that information! I'd like to get into a weight program but don't have much available to me and can't afford a gym membership. I just have hand weights and a barbell here. But I do what I can...just need to be more organized about it and get into some type of routine. I DEFINITELY would love to drop a dress (if I wore them :lol: ) size!!

Well, DEFINITELY need to give up the cappuccino. I think that's why the scale's not going down. And I can't tell by the fit of my clothes as my jeans are stretch material. So I'm planning Saturday as my "no more" cappuccino day (again). I've discovered it's best for me to drink just plain water. Or maybe a diet green tea once in a while. If I don't make water a habit then I don't drink enough--and I think that's a LOT of my problem with not being able to lose weight. So it's a plan :)

lady_adnerb 01-19-2006 08:34 AM

Bec, we must have posted at the same time. Sorry to hear about the fight with DH. Hopefully all works out! And you should be congratulated for not turning to food in that situation. I know when I'm stressed I do! So WTG for staying strong!!!! I've an ear if you need to vent :hug:

Shirl2004 01-19-2006 08:53 AM

Cad

HI,
I would like to join you. I am starting the Cad diet today. I don't know if I will like it or not. (carb addicts diet) I think it might be something I can stick too, as I really need some control over my eating. I have tried ww and Just about everything else. I am from Kansas, married, 3 kids and 4 grandkids, 1 dog ,a Bichon Frise. I have went from 200 to 176 over about a 3 year period on different plans, but I need to stick to Just one plan. I am maintaining the 176 pretty well.
Shirl

RobinW 01-19-2006 09:02 AM

Good Morning :sunny:

The sun is shining today! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Tenn~ Im so glad everything turned out the way it did. You and your mom were in my thoughts. No point in worrying about what you ate, you had other things on you mind. Welcome back :)

Bec~ Im sorry to hear about you and your dh....I hate fighting with mine :( It doesnt happen often, but still. Congratulations on NOT turning to food, you should be very very proud of yourself for that!

Sherry~ I didnt notice a difference until well into week 6. But that was my own fault, I didnt take my measurements until about week 4. I stuck to the plan and I truly believe that if I hadnt of taken a free day every week, I would have done ALOT better. So this time, Im atkins'ing it, and bfl workouting it and Im hoping the mix will work. It certainly wont hurt.

Brenda~ you havent tossed that cappachino yet? :lol: Good going for getting your exercise in!! Im having a hard time sticking to that part of the plan.

I watched the biggest loser last night, I dont usually, but I thought it would be great motivation. It was!!! The couples looked awesome! Seeing what they accomplished in only 6months, reminds me I can get to goal by the heat of the summer!! It kept my mind off food too!

Talked to my mom last night, and she might be coming for a visit this weekend. We have both been following atkins, but when you get us together, we are like little kids when it comes to treats and such.....so it will be a real test of determination if she comes to visit.

I got on the scale this morning....I wasnt going to until 14 of feb, but I needed confirmation that I was doing good....other than the tape measure. So, since christmas Ive only lost 2lbs. Not bad considering the trouble I had with the marshmallows earlier, and the few days of completely off plan in the first week of jan. I need to do better, apply myself 100% to this!

Have a great day ladies!

RobinW 01-19-2006 09:08 AM

Hi Shirl and :welcome3:

SherryA 01-19-2006 11:35 AM

Lady Adnerb,

I have more exercise equipment than most people, my husband and I bought a weight machine from Sears one year when they had close-outs and were getting rid of it. Then my brother in law gave us his old weight bench (for free weights). When I was doing Body for Life (BFL) I bought more equipment. A healthrider someone was selling used, an exercise bike (sometime after I was done with BFL) and some free weights and barbells.

To be honest though, you can do the whole BFL thing using just hand weights (barbells) if you want to. It is an organized plan. On this page: http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/journals.asp
you can download either Excel spread sheets or in PDF format the forms you can use to record your progress.

Essentially he has you work out all the major muscle groups of the body. On upper body workout day you work your biceps (upper arm front muscles), triceps (upper arm back), your back muscles, your chest muscles and your shoulders.

On lower body days he has you work out your hamstrings (back of legs) your calves (lower back of legs) your quads (upper front of legs) and your abs (stomach muscles). There is a specific pattern he has you work them at. You start with a small weight just for warm up and the lift 12 times. Increase the weight and do it 10 times, then increase again and do it 8 times, then increase again and do it 6 times. Then decrease the weight and do it 12 times again. By this time you are TIRED. Then you switch exercises and using a different exercise that works the same body part you lift again 12 times (using a relatively low weight).

The objective is to reach a level "10" in intensity on a scale of 1 to 10. that "10" means that you probably couldn't lift one more time if it killed you. You don't always reach that level, but that is the objective. And of course, it takes into account that your 10 may not be someone else's 10.

You can actually do all of this with a few barbells, but because you are increasing the weight or decreasing it for so many times it is best to have a selection of different weights that are already set up for your use so you aren't spending a lot of time changing things.

What I found is that Walmart has really pretty cheap barbells (hand weights) and if you get a selection of them at different weights you can do pretty much the whole routine just at home without any other special equipment except for maybe a chair or a bench. (not necessarily a weight bench, but that might help).

With free weights it would be best to do the routine with someone. Especially the chest press part. If you reach that 10 ahead of schedule you may need someone to lift the weight off of you.

He has you take before and after photos of yourself so that you can see your progress. It is also good to buy fat calipers and determine your fat percentages before starting and also use the tape measure and the scale. The objective is to compare yourself at the first week and then again 12 weeks later. That other site I sent you about weight lifting has a number of exercises you can do using just barbells. It can be done. I did it in my basement without any gym membership. It helps to start slow though, you don't want to hurt yourself, and study the animated pictures and make sure you are using good form. If you bend your body in ways you aren't supposed to (like arching your back or overextending joints) you can hurt yourself. So follow the instructions carefully. And if you are not sure do it slowly, in a controlled way and use less weight than you think you can handle rather than more to start with.

Robin,
What level of Atkins are you trying to do with BFL at the same time? I hope not induction level! I tried that and it nearly killed me. Not enough energy to do the workout.

I found John Hussman's site really helpful when I was doing it. http://www.hussmanfitness.org/ The part toward the end about "the scale" and Measuring your progress and You really do change from the inside out.

He gives some really good information about why you don't see progress in the first weeks. It saved my sanity and kept me on the program or I would have given up by week 5 or so when I still couldn't see any difference!

RobinW 01-19-2006 12:10 PM

yup, still on induction. Im ok so far. But Im seriously considering adding a few more carbs, particularly oatmeal for breakfast after my workout. I'll see how my healing muscles go this week. So far so good. But Im paying serious attention to my body.

lady_adnerb 01-19-2006 12:30 PM

Shirl: :welcome: and make sure to join us often for inspiration, encouragement and advice :)

Robin: No, it's not thrown away yet. And if you're both doing Atkins--wouldn't now be a time to instead of bad treats how about exploring some Atkins friendly dessert recipes (if the need arises to treat yourselves)??

Sherry: Hey, just call me Brenda :) And that BFL site was excellent. I wrote down some of the things I want to try and make a "routine" of. Maybe twice a week or so I'm hoping to do it. And maybe I'll be able to talk DH into joining me and keeping me on track :) Thanks again!!!

For some reason I was SOOO hungry. So lunch is eaten already. Also realized that I've included brussel sprouts and they're VERY high in carbs. So going to leave them for a "treat" instead of every time I eat cauliflower/broccoli (boiled) with dinner. Usually it's a salad so like to shake things up a bit. So just change off once in a while. I'm not very adventurous :lol: Off to go drink water and see about some type of exercise today :)

nasus40 01-20-2006 05:39 AM

Hi guys I have done BFL and had great success then I went with a trainer as i was needing the persoanl kick in the butt and well I have hired him again so if I cry about Ozzie killine me he is not my cabana boy with tight butt and nice tan. (I can dream) he is my slave driver.

Op now and doing good I think.

Hi Shirl joins us daily. I did CAD and well i would stuff my face the whole hour eating untill the last min. I found I was making muffins to be finished just as the hour started. but I read the first book. i also was having issues with lunches making them total carb less that is why i swithced to PP (similar to atkins)

beckamundo 01-20-2006 07:31 AM

Morning All~
I am doing better today. I'm still not talking to dh that much. I'm feeling lots of pain well hurt from our fight but I just am not ready to talk in depth w/him yet about it. I will, I just need some time. I still havent' turned to the food which is good. This weekend is gonna be a rough one. We have a fish fry tonight. The fish is lightly fried which is good. I will stay away from the fries and rolls. The coleslaw is good. Maybe I can get dh to give me his and he can have my fries. Exercise is gonna be hard this weekend. So much going on. For lunch tomorrow we will be at a chinese buffet. I will do my best to stay OP there also.

Brenda~thanks for the offer and I may just take you up on the need to vent. :)

Sherry~I'm gonna check out that website. Sounds interesting.

Shirl~WELCOME!!! Can't wait to learn more about you!!!

Robin~I think the low carb dessert idea is a GREAT one!!! What a great way to work on your low carb life style together. :)

Nasus~can't wait to hear more about your personal trainer. :)

Have a good & OP weekend all and I will see you all on Monday.

lady_adnerb 01-20-2006 10:31 AM

Susan: I would LOVE to have a PT. WTG on getting someone to motivate you :) And when you complain we'll remind you WHY you hired him :)

Bec: How'd you do through the weekend? Sounds like a lot of tough choices. Just do the best you can :) And WTG on not turning to food during this time of stress!!!

Well, yesterday I wrote up some weight training exercises and then went to the basement and started right in on them. My calves are a little tight as are the back of my leg muscles (sorry, I'm not up on my muscle names). But otherwise, I'm doing ok. It was great doing it--breathing got fast and my muscles tired. So I know I was working good. I didn't over-due so that I couldn't complain and NOT do it again. :) Stepped on the scale and no weight loss--but that's ok. I'm pretty happy with how I'm eating, my exercising...and well, the water needs improving. But I'm now down about any of it :) All in all I'm feeling pretty good and THAT is incentive to me to keep up this WOE and the way I'm doing it. Well, going to have DH take the cappuccino tomorrow to work so it's out of the house :lol: So I'm sure I'll be tired and headachy..but it'll go away. Tomorrow is official WI day but I'm not too worried about it. Like I said--I'm quite proud of all that I've been doing so that is my achievement :)

RobinW 01-20-2006 12:56 PM

Afternoon :D

Busy Busy Busy this morning...lots of sign stuff to get done before 1. Done just in time too :lol:

Sue~ great going on the trainer, next will be a cabana boy? ;)

Brenda~ good going!! If you get on the scale tomorrow, and it doesnt show a loss, or even a small gain....dont worry, because when you are working your muscles, they will hold water! Not alot, but enough to frustrate you if you dont know what's happening.

Bec~ I dont know what your dh said but when you do talk about it, tell him this is from one of the fatchicks!! :rollpin: Good luck with your eating this weekend, make smart choices, and pay attention to every bit that goes in your mouth and you will do fine :hug:

Well, our busyness is over for the day, so we are off to the library this afternoon, some grocery shopping, then a walk (if the rain holds off) and a upper body workout.

Im off........have a good one ladies

SherryA 01-20-2006 01:26 PM

I love Atkins! It works. I'm one pound away from my third goal for this month! Small baby steps, small baby goals and then meeting them. This is working for me. Too large of goals seem so unobtainable. I've lost 15.5 pounds since the 12th of last month. 29 pounds since my high that I was at in 2000. This means I've still got 21 pounds to lose to be where I was after my first 8 months on Atkins. But I'm relieved. It is coming back off again.

nasus40 01-20-2006 08:07 PM

Ok girls get ready for a good laugh. there was a reason I did not start with him this week I did those nasty machines where you clamp your legs shut ond squeeze the heck out of the machine. well i did that and lo and behole did I strain a muscle in my inner thigh right up near the well you can guess. But to make life even more difficult I had some one give me some original aboriginal music from Austrailia (wow what a great beat and wonderful music) I had it going in my office and well I do have funny music coming out of the office at times and this was no exception. It is great makes you want to strip down light a big fire paint your face and dance naked around the fire. I was demonstrating (just from what I have seen on TV and movies) and well I have been not able to walk all week!!! I can finaly almost make stride today!!!! this has been since tuesday!!

Did bowl last night (did really bad as I could not squat as i was throwing the ball the pain made me throw many gutter balls) I did drink two pitchers of water my self. (was up peeing all night)

Hope this weekend goes well sunday I have to work a 12 hour shift. WEEE

RobinW 01-20-2006 08:55 PM

:lol: you put quite the picture in my head Sue!! Im glad your leg is getting better.

I may have finally talked my dh into letting me join a gym. We are going together tomorrow to check out 2 that are close by. One I can walk to, its only about 8 blocks away. Its taken a very long time to get him to even remotely agree. He mentioned the "all women" club that was a little further away, and when I knocked that down very quickly with the image of fluffy women in matching outfits, he understood. THEN, he said, you would rather have men gawking at you?????? So finally I get the truth as to why he has been dragging his feet. I suspected thats what it was, but I couldnt get him to admit it.

So....how do I close this deal??? If there are buff hunks wandering around, its not going to happen. Advice ladies....we are going tomorrow, around 2ish.

(he wont join with me....thats been discussed)

Ms Spotdog 01-20-2006 10:25 PM

What time of day will you usually be going to the gym if you join? The hunky 'gym rat' guys are usually there weekday evenings and weekends and so that might not be the best time to take your hubby there to check it out. Usually midmorning/early afternoon weekdays is when the SAHMs and regular woman (that we can relate to) attend the gyms. If he sees you attending with that crowd it may make him feel better.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Kel

gonna_be_150 01-21-2006 12:43 AM

Hey everyone. Trying to read everything to catch up, but won't be posting replies to 4 pages of posts LOL.

Tenn - so glad to see you back & very happy to hear about your mom. I have been wondering how you were and how she was doing. {{{HUGS}}}

Robin - ITA with Kel about the times the so called hunks are working out. I've been there when they are around and they are so focused on themselves, I don't think they see anyone else other than possible competition ;)

Sorry to hear about the pulled muscle Sue, but as Robin said, you've provided quite the visual :D. I personally have not felt the urge to strip down and dance naked around a fire, but whenever I hear African type music, you can bet you will be the 1st person who comes to mind every time :lol:. Congrats on getting a trainer...that would be so awesome!!!!

Bec - sorry to hear you're having a rough time with DH. :hug: Good for you staying OP tho - that's excellent!!

Brenda - Brussel Sprouts as a TREAT???? I can think of a bazillion things that I'd consider a treat and brussel sprouts don't appear anywhere on that list :lol:.

Welcome to everyone who's joined lately :wave:.

As for me, my weight loss has stalled over the past couple weeks, but my inches have changed so I know something is happening/working LOL. For ex., my hips on Nov. 28 were 44" and 41.25 on Jan. 16 & my waist went from a 42 to a 38. I'd still like to see the scale move tho, but TOM is just about here, so I don't imagine I'll be doing a Toyota Jump when I weigh in on Sunday :D.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

canne 01-21-2006 01:11 AM

I'm jumping right in here. Hi! I am starting Atkins/low carb tommorrow or returning may be a better word. I won't be doing phase 1, because honestly there is not enough on there I want to eat ,I know myself & I would be setting up to fail. So basically I am simply 'low carbing'. I am excited and committed and as the weeks go by I look forward to working towards my goal with you!

nasus40 01-21-2006 05:27 AM

Well dancing naked will have to wait I will burn the boobs on the fire after I drag them across the hot coals trying to dance ROTFLPIMP!!!

Making coffee time to roll here!!! going to fly my house starting today!!

RobinW 01-21-2006 09:15 AM

Good Morning :bubbles:

Sue~ :lol3: :rofl: Think maybe we could find you a fireproof bra??

Stacie & Kel~ I think that's a great idea!! When we drove home after talking about it, we passed the gym, and mr buff was standing in the window....that's what is not going to work!!

canne~ good going getting back to it!! and :welcome3: jumping right in, is about the only way.....so come on in, the water's warm :D

Kel~ how did your weekend go????????? inquiring minds want to know ;)

Stacie~ the tape measure is tightening....thats great!!! Did you do a total to see how many total inches you have lost on your bits?

Time to make coffee and wake dh up. Im not sure what we are up to today, a walk at the mall...its raining (again) Have to see what the day brings :) Have a good one ladies.

gonna_be_150 01-21-2006 09:56 AM

Good Morning :coffee:

Sue :rofl: We'll have to check ebay & see if those cones Madonna used to wear are available. They looked fireproof :lol:

Canne - :wel3fc:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobinW
Stacie~ the tape measure is tightening....thats great!!! Did you do a total to see how many total inches you have lost on your bits?

Actually I hadn't because I wasn't sure how you calculated total inches lost...if it was from everything you had measured or only the major areas, waist, hips, thighs??? So, I'm guessing from your posts, that I add up all inches I've list? Hope you have a great day, whatever you decide to do!!

Have a great day everyone!

RobinW 01-21-2006 10:26 AM

I measured all the biggest bits :lol3: totaled them, then just kept track. Its more for my own piece of mind. I measured bust, waist, that fat bit above the waist, the fat bit below the waist (baby leftover), butt, hips, each leg and each arm. Measure the next week, total 'em up and subtract from last week......almost always a difference in some place I measure. Thats the best part :lol:

lady_adnerb 01-21-2006 10:42 AM

Sorry, can't catch up on personals. Had to pop in. Didn't realise that my updating weight for today is where I've been after the 1st week of January! ARGH! ok. Just really means I've got to stay away from soda. Either that--or majorly bump up exercise!! The cappuccino is put away (not gone, but after looking at the scale I really don't want it!) and explained to DH why I need to do w/out it. His reasoning was "it doesn't have many carbs" ...ah..but when you drink too MUCH of it, it adds up. So he understood then :) Donuts were calling me this morning. So I told myself if I was STILL hungry after my omelet (which I'm usually not) I'd have one. :lol: My youngest DD saved me from myself because SHE ate it :lol: Ok. Time to go give her a perm :)

Ms Spotdog 01-21-2006 11:51 AM

Quick flyby here - Melissa is home from SF as DMV is open this morning (only 1 saturday a month) and she needs to get her ID with her name change on it (her shrink suggested she drop SH's last name as part of her healing process)

Thanks for asking about last weekend, Robin. I have to say it was very nice - turned out just fine BUT I was as nervous as I have EVER been in my life! Geeezzzzeee, this dating stuff at 46 is not for the faint of heart! But that is over now and we are much more comfortable with each other. He is planning on taking me on a 4 day cruise in June when school lets out! I've never been on a cruise! NO ONE has ever taken me anywhere like that! I feel so special!

So - what is MY current motivation for LC & exercise? A CRUISE with my honey in 5 months!

Ok - gotta run, get that girl up and hit the road.

Kel

RobinW 01-21-2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Spotdog
He is planning on taking me on a 4 day cruise in June when school lets out! I've never been on a cruise! NO ONE has ever taken me anywhere like that! I feel so special!
Kel

Kel that put a big huge smile on my face!! :) :) :) :) Its so nice to be treated like that, and Im so happy for you, you deserve it! ....and yes, Id say that was awesome motivation :lol:

Here is the poop on the gym.....dh wanted to go today, because he is working on monday. So off we went, 2 different ones, 1st one very new, and still pretty much under construction in places, but lots of equipment. 2nd one, alot older, but cheaper and alot more classes to attend, lots of equipment but cramped...seemed to be busier as well. 2nd one also had alot of ladies working out too! So now its just a matter of choice, because dh didnt seem to be against any of it. He knows I want this weight off by the heat of the summer, Im tired of fighting and constantly struggling. So...we'll see :)

nasus40 01-22-2006 06:22 AM

Great with the DH/ gym Robin. MY DH really has no idea. he things the gym is too much like work and will not even think of it. (HHMM My membership is due next 2 weeks.) So I go with not a worry, Hint they now have many woment personal trainers. (it is expensive) I just know that that isa good motivation for me and a great kick in the butt. and i do not want to waste the money.

Kel a cruise?? How fantastic!!

Brenda I say if you wait long enough then it will be gone and well, great going!! doughnuts are one of my big down falls!

bnbsmommy1 01-22-2006 09:18 AM

:wave:

Hi girls!!!! Welcome to all the new faces, how awesome!!

Just droppin' in to tell ya that I'm still alive and OP :) My walking has dwindled down to nothing, I HAVE to start that again, what a terrible thing to quit doing. I'm also quitting the Yasmin, it's turned me into a mean, nasty wife with no sex drive, no energy and I've been on my period for THREE weeks!!!! So it wasn't the magic pill for me but oh well :D

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!!!

Lacey

RobinW 01-22-2006 10:06 AM

Good Morning

Sue~ :lol: :lol3: :rofl: :rofl: I love your new avatar!!

Lacey~ its too bad it didnt do what it was suppose to. Now that I think of it, you havent been around here much since you started it right?

Its beautifully sunny here today :sunny: so hopefully I'll get a nice walk in!! Not alot planned for today, I'll check back in later....have a great sunday ladies!

gonna_be_150 01-22-2006 11:02 AM

Sue - :rofl: LOVE the new avatar http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy0187.gif Now you can dance over the fire with no worries :lol:.

Kel - a cruise with your sweetie sounds awesome. A cruise is one of my dream vacations.

Brenda - step away from the donuts & nobody will get hurt :). How did DD's perm turn out?

Robin - what did you decide on gym wise? Thanks for the tip on doing the measurements. I'm such a goof, I was thinking what a PITA it would be to deduct the difference from each measurement rather than just adding the whole thing up :D. Your way is MUCH easier :). Soooo, of course my weight for the 3rd week in a row is 173 (was 174 during the week, so 173 is good considering TOM is due any day now LOL), but my measurements dropped by
1", bringing my total inches lost since Nov. 28 (didn't measure the 1st week) to 14". It also brought my Body Fat % from 47.65 (Nov. 28) to 39.85% (today). I am totally doing the happy dance here finally breaking the "40's" in my BF% :). http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/party0033.gif

Have a GREAT day everyone!!

SherryA 01-22-2006 12:34 PM

Robin,

Some advice on choosing a gym. I've belonged to two of them in the not too distant past. The first one I loved. It was right next to where I worked, and I could go right after work (which I did on a regular basis) and not too far from home. It felt like a luxury place. I'm sure there were people who paid a lot to belong there. There were racketball courts in the downstairs, a lap pool, women's and men's hot water bubbling pools (whatever those are called) a steam sauna and a dry sauna (within the women's locker rooms) tanning beds, a nice little restaurant, a babysitting area, rooms for classes for aerobics etc.

I mean it was nice. I loved the equipment they had for working out which is what I mainly used. Particularly they had a nautilus ab machine that I loved.

They had people to assist you develop a workout program and whenever you needed them you could ask for another appt. You could also hire them as personal trainers if you wanted for additional money. Every so often they had the type of "fat" measurement where they dunk you in water.

I loved going there and because it was convenietly located I went and often. It (for me) wasn't expensive either because I paid for it through my work in payroll deductions and I think the work place paid a part of it. They had 8 "corporate memberships" that different employees could take advantage of when someone else gave up that membership. So I think I paid something like 15 dollars a month for it and no sign up fee. Major deal and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

But I lost that job and later went and signed up with a different gym, and it was awful. It was too far away, hard to get to, once I was there I didn't much enjoy being there, they didn't have the same sort of equipment and service, older, less nice, less of a "pampered" feel to it all. And I wound up paying money out every month for something I rarely used. I was kind of glad when the place went under and I was let out of my contract.

So pick something you love. Pick something conveniently located. And look specifically for weight machines that you particularly want to use. Look also for a place that makes you feel good by being there.

Tennessee 01-22-2006 01:23 PM

Hi Canne, it's you and me girl! I restarted today after a few weeks hiatus. I'm going back to induction to clear the sugar and junk out of my system though. I figure I can do just about anything for two weeks, and there's actually a lot of variety if you're creative! Celery w/cream cheese, mashed cauliflower (fake mashed potatoes), cauliflower casserole w/bacon, sour cream and cheddar, greek salad, taco salad, etc. It is limited, but really, it's not too bad, and it not only jump starts you, it kills the cravings.

Kel, a cruise? I'm green! What a great goal to work for! Where are you going? I want to go on a low carb cruise :)

Lacey, I don't know what Yasmin is, but it looks like I don't wanna know LOL. Three weeks???? I hate having it for three days! I hope things get back to normal for ya soon.

Donuts? Ya know, it's a weird thing, I used to LOVE them, especially the lemon filled glazed, but when I was "on hiatus" I ate one and it didn't taste good - too greasy, and WAY too sweet. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the malted milk balls or homemade bread w/real butter!

I'm sad to say that I missed my first weight loss goal by 2 pounds :( I wanted to loose 30 pounds in the first three months of Atkins. I'm sure w/o my little "hiatus" I would have made it, so I'm not terribly discouraged, just a little disappointed. I DID loose almost 30 pounds in three months w/o starving and I've felt great, so I know now that this will work for me if I work it :). I think for my next goal, I'd like to loose 35 pounds by my birthday on April 30. That may be too big a goal, I dunno, we'll see though, huh???

Tenn

RobinW 01-22-2006 01:51 PM

Tenn~ missing your goal by only 2lbs is still awesome!! 3 days on induction should take care of that! Good going, getting back on track

Stacie~ I seen your little monster thingy for the first time on the Chatelaine forums....too cool!

Sherry~
Quote:

Pick something conveniently located. And look specifically for weight machines that you particularly want to use. Look also for a place that makes you feel good by being there.
Very good advice, thankyou :)

time for my walk :D

canne 01-22-2006 05:05 PM

Good Sunday Afternoon!

Just popped in to say hello and I love reading your posts, what a great group of supportive gals you are! Thanks for the welcomes. :D