Old 01-02-2006, 08:26 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekly Chat - January 2nd - January 8th

Good Morning

Just starting the weekly cackle for you. How's everyone this brandy new day?

Hugs !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

What am I #2?? I can not believe it. Though I have not had my coffee I have folded about 4 loads of laundry cleaned my bed room and am getting breakfast/lunch ready
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 356/265/150

Happy New Year everyone! I allowed myself to go off program on Saturday and Sunday. When I did it last week, I lost it by Thursday so I allowed it again because there aren't anymore major food holidays that I have to worry about for awhile. I know that I'm not commanded by food like I used to be and have been on previous diets so I'm much more in control and less guilty when I give myself a little freedom.

I'm back on track today and guess what?! My sister is starting Atkins today! I am so happy for her and I hope that as much as my progress has encouraged her to start, my knowledge and support will keep her going.

Also, my neighbor who started Atkins with me in August is starting back up today as well. She hasn't done Atkins since September, but she said that she couldn't help but start again seeing what I've accomplished so far.

I'm referring them to this site because you all have been so accepting and suportive

Have a great Monday! back to work for me tomorrow :P
Andrea
Liv4rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #4  

Andrea - You are doing great and I'm very impressed with your picture progress! No wonder you are inspiring many people in your life! Keep up the good work!

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:18 AM   #5  
Atkins Lover

HAPPY NEW YEAR~~

Andrea-your pictures are AWESOME. You look so good!!

Naus~You go girl, busy day for you already also.

Kel & Leenie~ HI!!

Holiday's were rough for me between the death of my grandfather and then 2 family fights, one on Christmas Eve and the other on Christmas day (at least one was my side and the other was dh's side so it was balanced LOL) and just the hurrying here and there I only gained back a few pounds. Got bite by something over the holidays and have a HUGE welt on my inner thigh so I won't be doing much excerising here for awhile. But am starting induction again today after allowing myself to be 'bad' kind of over the holiday season. Hope everyone and a great holiday and wonderful new year and it's great to be back in here w/all of you!!
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:36 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Leenie: How're you??

Susan: You sure were a busy bee! I was a slug yet yesterday. Did get a couple loads of laundry done, the tree out and Girl Scout stuff started (the meeting's today and didn't want to be in TOO much of a rush).

Andrea: You're a great model for doing things right! Keep up the great work and it's awesome that your neighbor and sister have you to rely on for help. THAT helps

Kel: How's it going?

Bec: Sorry to hear about the death in your family and the feuds. Hope all is worked out now. No clue what bit you to cause such a reaction? Would be nice to know so you can prepare for next time??

Well, haven't given up my soda. That'll be on Saturday (when I can sit around w/the headache and feel sorry for myself) And starting induction today. I did a WI yesterday and YIKES! Not as bad as I thought...but bad enough! So I'll make a new ticker and figure out my valentines' day goal. Other than that, not a heck of a lot happened here since I've been "missing". I'm hoping to get back into the routine. I looked for some of the Atkins stuff I had taken when I first started this WOE and can't find it. Anyone else ever take those diet supplements? I need something to help curb my hunger and that seemed to help. So all/any advice on that would be appreciated Can't wait to start seeing the scale go down again have a great day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:41 AM   #7  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Wink

Brenda: changing your icon is flipping me out a little LOL I'll have to get used to it

Andrea: I bet that feels GREAT to be such an inspiration to everyone around you! Glad you're back on program!!

I've got a busy day planned and plan to eat awesomely all day LOL Is that a word. I'm still thawing out from my morning walk so I'm sure I'll be back later to yack!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:51 AM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Got thru yesterday. The funeral was unbelievably small. Im not used to it...on my fathers side, the funeral's are always so big, and so many ppl. My mil had maybe 20ppl show up, and over 1/2 was family. I vowed yesterday I will not die like her, nor will I have ppl at my funeral who have to be there because "its the right thing to do" she was not a "liked" person at all. Too bad

Im not a very religious person,(in my own way) and my ex and I have not brought our dd up with any religious education. Well, if you have ever done that, and then brought your 9 yr old dd into a catholic church? Boy o Boy did she test my memory!! Im sooooo glad she didn't question the "virgin" mary part, and joseph being jesus' father, when she thought god was his father. I think this something she needs to learn, and then decide for herself. Soon !

Food choices were not good yesterday.....I didnt let myself get freaked out about it. I didnt binge, but I did have what I shouldnt have. Im back at it this morning....and feeling so much better that everything is overwith!

Have a good day ladies
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:45 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

Lacey: I'll try to figure out something I like and stick with it. USED to have my picture up..but I don't look quite like that now. lol WTG on being "awesomely" on program! Keep up the great work!

Robin: I grew up Catholic. But now I go to a non-denominational church and am very religious. If you're not Catholic....you might want to check out other options for religious educations. Not going to go into things further--just a suggestion. If you have questions just PM me

Well, so far so good. I've got some water in me (yes, some soda as well) and my eating is OP. In fact, the meeting w/the ladies, instead of a "steamer" (chocolate flavoring in whipped half & half. YUMMY!!!) I had WATER!! Yup, BIG time choice for me.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:55 PM   #10  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL YOU LOSERS FROM THE SUGAR BUSTER BUNCH!!!

HOPE Y'ALL HAVE GOOD LUCK IN THE COMING YEAR!!

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:27 PM   #11  
Lovin' Life

Thanks Brenda, Im going to look into a few things here, and talk to her about it. If she wants to go, I'll take her. If not...its ok too.

Happy new year bob
Old 01-03-2006, 08:30 PM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi all work was good and well getting things ready for the lawyer & for the insurance agency to fight this broad who is clearly in the wrong.

Eating was well not bad today but totaly forgot water I will have to improve on that in the morning. Exercise will start tomorow. too. HHMMM

I made this delish seafood chowder. (no potatoes but it did have fake crab) clams and shrimp and HHHMMMMM YUMMMMM easy to make too.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:28 AM   #13  
Baby Steps

Bob: Happy New Year to you all also

Robin: I think it's cool you're giving her the choice. Growing up, I didn't have a choice. I was made to go to church and religious education classes. So bravo to you for doing that!!

Susan: WTG on staying OP. I hear you on the water intake. It's always easy to forget, isn't it?! And I'm with you on the exercise. I'm going to try and squeeze it in today. I got a new dance exercise tape I want to try and kill myself with

Well, the monster headache hit last night. It was a DOOZY! VERY good thing I didn't get rid of soda as well. It seems to be ok today. We'll see how it goes. The bloated feeling is going away. YEAH!! So now I just need to get rid of the soda, drink more water and I should be well on my way to losing this weight. DH is joining a challenge w/some guys at work. Their company is putting on a "biggest losers" contest. You get a team of people together, then you total the amount of weight lost, and the winners get I forget what. But it's incentive to DH to lose weight. He's gained as well as me. So we're back OP together. That sure helps!! Water intake actually wasn't TOO bad. Just a little shy of the required 64 oz a day. I'll have to work on that
Old 01-04-2006, 08:59 AM   #14  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Brenda~ sounds like you're getting into gear, good luck to your dh too!!

Im not doing so well. Eating is so way off plan. Exercise is ok....at least its happening. I doubt I'll be back to it today. Something happened (I dont know what) and Ive lost the drive. I need to get it back....VERY soon!!

Im off to start my day....have a good one ladies!
Old 01-04-2006, 09:30 AM   #15  
Baby Steps

Robin: You're doing so great!! Stress is the worst "diet" killer around. Just remember that you'll just kick yourself when you look at the scale...or need to buy a new pair of pants because your "old" ones don't fit!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!