Old 01-06-2006, 02:07 PM   #16  
Baby Steps

1 mile WATP tape...and 20 minutes (it's all I could do w/out totally overdoing) of Crunch "Fat Burning Dance Party". Hopefully I can keep increasing that one. It looks like fun!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:14 PM   #17  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

only 2 miles today. will try to do 20 of the gazelle later *fingers crossed*
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 12:33 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Jan. 6
*16+ mins. Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Breakthrough (Step)
*30 mins. WATP 2 Mile
*30 mins. Sexy Arms Workout (Weights)

Total ~ 76 mins.

Have to get more exercise in. One of my Valentine's Day goals is to be up to 10 hrs/wk by Jan. 14 & this week is only about 5.5 (not including the walks with the kids 'cause they were so slow they can't count for much). 'Course I haven't worked out yet today either, but I don't exercise on Sundays and pretty doubtful I'll get in 4.5 hours worth today?

Having issues with that burning in my legs again (had this a couple weeks ago) & had to resort back to the WATP video again. Man I hate that. I tried pushing it, but was just tripping over the step 'cause I couldn't lift my legs. I cannot believe how weak my legs have become! Am surprised they hold me up at all .
gonna_be_150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 03:12 PM   #19  
250/ticker/160

3 1/2 miles today
Old 01-08-2006, 11:44 PM   #20  

Jan. 7
*20 mins. David Snively's Interval Step Training
*20 mins. Billy Blank's Tae Bo (Basic)
*20 mins. Crunch's Boot Camp Training

Total ~ 60 mins.

Had to push that last one to 20 mins. Legs were burning like mad! Was going to do an ab workout after those, but things came up and I never got to finish. Gonna have to pump it up next week to make that 1st goal!

Jan. 8 - day off
Old 01-09-2006, 07:32 PM   #21  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Upper Body workout
2 mile walk
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:01 PM   #22  

Jan. 9
*20 mins. Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Breakthrough (Step)
*10 mins. Billy Blank's Tae Bo (Basic)
*30 mins. Sexy Arms Workout (Weights)
*15 mins. Lethal Buns
*10 mins. Gay Gasper's Awesome Abs

Total ~ 85 mins.

Keep up all the great work ladies. Everyone is doing great!!
Old 01-10-2006, 05:00 PM   #23  
Lovin' Life

2 mile walk....was going to do another 2.6 miles, but got chatting to the neighbour, now its too dark. So, I'll have pop a tape in this evening.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:36 PM   #24  
Taaa Daaa!

Well I started at the gym today. Got my measly 1.25 miles in but I did it in 30 minutes with different incline levels. OMG I think I over did it LOL. I'm tired now, not feeling good and "up" like I should be.
Tuuurtlemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:01 PM   #25  

Starting today, nothing less than 90 mins/day!!!

Jan. 10
*20 mins. Tamilee Webb (Step)
*20 mins. Billy Blank's Tae Bo (Basic)
*20 mins. WATP 1 Mile
*30 mins. Pick Your Spot Pilates
*10 mins. Abs of Steel

Total ~ 100 mins.

Jan. 11
*20 mins. Caribbean Workout (Hi/Lo Aerobics)
*20 mins. Tamilee Webb (Step)
*20 mins. WATP 1 Mile
*20 mins. Sexy Arms (Weights)

Total ~ 80 mins. (Short by 10 mins., but I also shovelled for 15-20 mins. afterwards & I could feel it LOL, especially in my back and shoulders!)

I'd posted on exercise boards regarding the severe burning I was getting in my legs doing HI Step & this was the response I rec'd. Sure makes me feel better about it, I was starting to get a little pee'd off LOL. I rec'd 2 other replies as well which were similar, but this one also explained about muscle fiber differences.
"The burn you feel is definitely from lactic acid and you mostly likely are not completely depleted of glucose/glycogen even if you are following a low carb diet. Your body can create glucose from fat and protein if it is needed. But the real issue regaring your problem is your muscle fiber type. You probably have a large percentage of type 2 muscle fibers in your legs. This simply means your legs are well suited to short duration activities, such as weight training, and poorly suited for long duration activities, such as cardio. If you enjoy step aerobics, you can try using a very low step and taking short 10-15 seconds breaks as needed to allow your body to flush out and recycle the lactic acid. Also, consider strength training with short sets (60 seconds) and plenty of rest in between sets."

Until I get more strength in my legs, I've geared down to low impact step workouts.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:05 AM   #26  
250/ticker/160

You guys are doing AWESOME!!!!

Anyone have any inner thigh suggestions that don't involve any stress on the back? I'm ready for those big 'ol logs to go away!!

yesterday: 20 on gazelle

today: 3 miles & 20 on gazelle tonight
Old 01-12-2006, 12:52 PM   #27  
Baby Steps

Lacey, I'm with you on that! Even considered looking for one of those Suzanne Summers "thigh masters" Not sure if they work, though.

Got 1 mile WATP (weighted balls) in so far. Hoping to do the 1 mile stretchy band WATP when DH gets home

Last edited by lady_adnerb; 01-13-2006 at 02:11 PM.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:27 PM   #28  
Lovin' Life

Stacie~ thats very interesting! I tend to have very muscular legs, and it takes alot to work them out and feel that burn What you had described made me think of me, but I guess you're opposite. Those are the biggest muscles in the body...get them in shape, and you will have some awesome fat burners there!!

Lacey~ if I knew of something Id certainly suggest it, I'll be sooooo happy when my "logs" dont rub together.

Did my 2 mile walk with dh. Its a beautiful day, so when Im done here, I'll go out for my 2.6 mile walk.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:03 AM   #29  

Jan. 12
*30 mins. Boot Camp Training
*24 mins. Billy Blanks Tae Bo
*20 mins. Gay Gasper's Awesome Abs
*20 mins. QF Pilates Abs

Total ~ 94 mins.

Jan. 13
Day off

Changed my day off from Sundays to Fridays. It wasn't helping my WI day the way I thought it would (taking Sundays off) and now that life is back to normal (school, aid, baby, therapists, etc), it gives me one day where I'm not totally rushed. I can work out anytime on the weekends.

Robin - I found that extremely interesting. Back when I 1st started stepping again, I fully expected to feel the burn right away & be out of breath quickly being that I was so out of shape. But it's almost been 2 months of doing it, so I was getting concerned that I was still feeling this burning so quickly yet I wasn't short of breath anymore. It was like my lung capacity improved, but my legs hadn't. So, anyway, I feel WAY better about it now. I also rec'd a post on another board about my daily protein intake being too low and my body cannibilizing lean muscle so I'll have to watch that too. So, if you're opposite, you might be better suited for H.I. Step than I am. Do you step? Oh...those tapes you got...are they Billy Blanks? I highly recommend doing the instructional one first (if it is). Years back I tried going straight to the basic or the intermediate? one and I threw my knee out almost immediately. This time I started with the instructional one & it was great. He explains everything & has you do it slowly to get the feel of it!!

Sorry 'bout that -didn't mean to turn it into a novel. I'm quite the yap when I have a spare minute or 2 .
Old 01-13-2006, 08:06 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_adnerb
Got 1 mile WATP (weighted balls) in so far. Hoping to do the 1 mile strethy band WATP when DH gets home
Brenda - dumb question I'm sure, but how do you use the band when you're walking...just on the arms? I have the 1 & 2 mile, but both with the WB's. I'm visualizing trying to put this band under my feet as I'm walking and falling on my face .