3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Valentine Vixen Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/70820-valentine-vixen-challenge.html)

Morgaine 01-13-2006 08:33 AM

Hi Ladies -

I finally got around to buying the Ketostix and I'm happy to say I'm in ketosis (moderate).

I made the cheeseburger soup last night with the heavy cream, but minus the celery stalk. I liked it just fine - it was very rich and filling, but I can see where it might be too "heavy". I was so sick and tired of salads that a tummy full of warm rich soup really hit the spot. I do think I will try it with the chicken broth and half & half next time as the carb count for the whole recipe was almost 32, with a little over 3 in fiber. I divided the batch into three servings - I just think almost 10 carbs for a bowl of soup is a little much if it's something I might eat every day (and I just might!).

Today's plan:
B: Slimfast Low Carb Shake
L: Cheeseburger soup
D: not sure yet

Exercise: One hour of cardio and machines at Y

RobinW 01-13-2006 10:21 AM

Yup, it is alot of carbs for a little cup of soup, but I find it fills me up so much that its worth it. Because I dont eat anything at all until the next meal, and even then I dont eat much of it. Its kinda like a magic soup for me :lol:

Today's plan

Breaky~ protein/fibre shake
Lunch~ spinach quiche
Supper~ chicken (again) and a veggie...or maybe ceasar salad :dunno:

bnbsmommy1 01-13-2006 11:24 AM

I'm gonna have to find that recipe, I see everyone talking about it and it sounds scrumptious!

breakfast: bacon and eggs
lunch: omelette with the works
supper: shake

Tuuurtlemama 01-14-2006 03:24 AM

Hmm, guess I'll start posting my food here too :) :wave: Hi everyone!!

Breakfast:

AA strawberry shake
snack: 1 colby jack cheese stick, 2 turkey bacon- 1/4 cup green grapes
lunch- chicken blt salad
dinner- cube steak, green beans, salad
snack- beef and broccoli

hmm shoulda had more dairy today.....darn nap screwed me up :lol: I missed my after-lunch-before-dinner snack, which is usually another dairy serving.

Vitamins and 100 oz water down the tube! :carrot:

RobinW 01-14-2006 09:56 AM

looks like you're doing good Randi!! :)

Today's plan

Lunch~ broccoli quiche
Supper~ chicken breast with a dijon sauce and broccoli

SherryA 01-14-2006 10:04 PM

Ok, I'm joining this challenge. I want to lose at least 5 more pounds by Groundhog's Day, and then another 4 before Valentines day. That makes a total of 9. I don't think it will be impossible.

SherryA 01-14-2006 10:05 PM

Ok, so my math's no good! LOL. I guess I added a couple of pounds there to make a nice round figure!

RobinW 01-15-2006 09:24 AM

had some unplanned marshmallows, and petzels last night....would be alright if it was just a serving size, but it wasnt :no: :stars:

Back to it today

Lunch~ tuna melt w/cucumbers
Supper~ NOT CHICKEN! I havent a clue, but it wont be chicken!! :lol:

sassybrat25 01-15-2006 10:03 AM

Well Friday was my weigh in day: 210- down 3lbs!!!! :D But I totally cheated on my diet Friday evening and yesterday was not so good either.:?: :( I am going to good today though!! I am in control.:hun: I am on my way to go exercise right now!!:ebike:

Sometimes this is soooo hard, but well worth it!!!

Valentines goal:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...6/199/210/.png

Started WW June1 '05
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...0/199/210/.png

November goal:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...0/140/210/.png

I added a November goal because that is when our friends (my hubby's and mine) do a "friends Thanksgiving" and a couple of our "friends" are not so nice about my weight gain, so I would like to shut them up and feel good!!!:bubbles:

:jig: :jig: :jig: :jig: :jig: :jig: :jig: :jig:
1 jiggy for every 5lbs. lost!!!!

Tuuurtlemama 01-15-2006 01:56 PM

:hug: Sokay Amber, you and me both! I was out all day yesterday and didn't plan my eating accordingly. I kept waiting and waiting to get somewhere and by the time I finally got to eat 8 hours later :eek: there was nothing OP anywhere! So yeah, I bombed.

Oh well, I'm prepared. I bought some Atkins bars to keep in the car in case such a day arrives again :)

On to a new day, at least I didn't get completely sick - although it wasn't too pleasant :lol: If that's not a reinforcer for this way of life though, I don't know what is!

sassybrat25 01-15-2006 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuuurtlemama
:hug: Sokay Amber, you and me both! I was out all day yesterday and didn't plan my eating accordingly. I kept waiting and waiting to get somewhere and by the time I finally got to eat 8 hours later :eek: there was nothing OP anywhere! So yeah, I bombed.

Oh well, I'm prepared. I bought some Atkins bars to keep in the car in case such a day arrives again :)

On to a new day, at least I didn't get completely sick - although it wasn't too pleasant :lol: If that's not a reinforcer for this way of life though, I don't know what is!

:thanks: for the support!:hug: Just gotta keep on getting back up and doing better the next day.:tread: I totally paid for cheating though!!!:jeno: I was soooo sick this morning!:cry: Just gotta remember that the next time I want to eat junk!! I'm feeling better now though, and I have been good all day!;) Well, :goodluck:

beckamundo 01-16-2006 08:52 AM

This weekend was horrible and I'm starting induction again today. Here's hoping for a better week and weekend.

B:Low Carb Special K
L:Low Carb Special K
S:Taco Skillet burgers on a bed of lettuce
Water:at least 64ozs.
Exercise:15 minutes on the bike, 1/2 hour of aerobics/dance, 25 reverse stomach curls and possibly Body Flex workout

Morgaine 01-16-2006 09:12 AM

Good Morning!

Do any of you play games with your scales? A freind of mine told me that you always weigh less after you take a shower. Just for fun, I tried it. My regular waking up weight was 172.5 (which made me mad as I've been good and that reflected a half pound gain over yesterday). After I took my shower and blow dried my hair, I was 171. I moved that scale all over the bathroom floor just in case it was sitting funny on the tile. I weighed 171 five times in a row with no other weight appearing. I'm taking the 171!

Just concluded 14 days of induction with a total 8 pound loss. I could do a lot better with the water intake. The only "cheat" was one Michelob Ultra with dinner Friday Night.

I'm in a high level of ketosis, so I must be doing ok. Was hoping for more than 8 pounds in 2 weeks, but I'm still happy.

RobinW 01-16-2006 10:27 AM

Never heard of that Morgaine!!! Pretty cool tho! Congrats on the 8lbs Great Job!! :bravo: :cb: :cheers:

Todays plan

Lunch~ rest of yesterday's tuna, 1oz cheddar and another protein/fibre shake
Supper~ chicken ceasar salad

Snacks 1 oz cheese 1 cup broccoli or beans

ChrisNeedsLessWeight 01-16-2006 01:16 PM

Totally not the brightest bulb

LOL So I am wondering this Valentine's Vixen Challenge how do I do this?? Do I just pick a weight I hope to be to by that date?? Or is there more goals to come up with.. just curious I definately work "better" when I have a deadline so this will help me.. like right now we are going to Disney in April so I would LOVE to be to my goal weight by the... but having smaller goals would be awesome to.. even though Feb 14th is a little less than a month away I would love to see how close I would get to a picked goal.. thanks for any information :)

RobinW 01-16-2006 01:57 PM

Hi Christine

Go to the first few posts of this thread, and you will see what we are doing. Posting our goals, some of us have taken pictures, so that on Feb 14th, we can see the difference in them.

Thats about it, jump in and join us....everyone is welcome :)

ChrisNeedsLessWeight 01-16-2006 02:10 PM

Great.. I will do that now (reading) thanks Robin :)

ChrisNeedsLessWeight 01-16-2006 02:22 PM

Okay I know I am starting this late but I find I have much better success with anything I do when I have a deadline date.. lol So I am jumping into this today.. My goals for Valentines are:

1. to drink my 8-8oz glasses of water OR MORE.. :)
2. not to drink as much diet soda cut down to 2 a day (still drinking 3-4)
3. to continue to exercise 5-6x week
4. to wear a size 12 comfortably but 2/14/06

Okay that is about it for me. Good luck to everyone

SherryA 01-16-2006 03:04 PM

Ok, my first step toward this challenge has been met. 1 pound into it!

iloveadam 01-16-2006 08:10 PM

Hi Vixens!

Hello everyone! I got on the sacle this morning, hoping it would be at LEAST 157 and it was 156.8 WOOHOoOOO! Guess all that weight lifting and running did me some good! Here's what I ate today:

B: Eggs and polish sausage
L: Ham and cheese rolls w/ mustard
D: Sheperd's Pie Low Carb style;)

I might have a chocolatey yumy slim fast shake in a lil bit :)

Ta-Ta for now:hug: ~Becca

RobinW 01-17-2006 09:06 AM

Great Going Becca!! :bravo:

Today's plan

Snack~ 2 scrambled eggs w/ 1oz cheese
Lunch~ 1/2 tuna w/ tsp mayo and 2 celery stalks
Supper~ pulled pork & fauxtatoes with cheedar cheese and bacon bits :T

Morgaine 01-17-2006 09:07 AM

Welcome Christine! I see we have very similar start and goal weights, and even more eerie - my name is Christine, too! Good luck with your weight loss!

I made the "revised" cheeseburger soup recipe, using 1 cup of beef broth as a substitute for one of the cups of cream. I didn't use half and half instead of cream because when I looked on the cartons, both had equal carbs, so since the cream was opened and the Half & Half wasn't, I decided to go with the cream. This lowered the carbs to 7 per serving (from 9 previously). It's not as thick and creamy as the original recipe, but it was still enjoyable. It didn't keep me full for near as long and I'm thinking the extra two carbs in the original recipe may be worth it (for me) because of the extra two hours of feeling full I get out of it.

I've been working out with weight machines at the Y and I am discovering I actually have abs under this fat - woohoo!

beckamundo 01-17-2006 09:07 AM

Yesterday was OP for food and water

B:1/2c. Special K Low Carb cereal w/2T. milk
L:Taco burger on a bed of lettuce or a layered salad
S:Whatever I don't have for lunch
Exercise:25 reverese stomach crunches, 30 minutes of aerobics/dance, and at least 15 minutes on the bike.

I weighed in today and am down a pound. Woo Hoo!!

etcetc 01-17-2006 09:57 PM

Day 1

My mom has left on an overseas trip and now I can begin my Atkins Phase 1!

So far, I had a brunch of 3 hard-boiled eggs and black pepper beef. Drinking organic decaf tea, and as much water as I can.

I just want to get through the next 48 hours on 20g carbs. If I can, I think it should be smooth-sailing from there. :^:

beckamundo 01-18-2006 07:07 AM

B: 1/2c. Special K LC Cereal w/2T. milk
L: taco burger on a bed of lettuce w/cheese and sour cream
S: not for sure yet
Exercise:15 minutes on the bike & 25 reverse stomach curls

RobinW 01-18-2006 09:14 AM

Breaky~ protien/fibre shake
Lunch~ tunaw/mayo and celery
Snack~ 2 eggs w/cheedar cheese
Supper~ pulled pork and fauxtatoes

Morgaine 01-18-2006 10:10 AM

B: Slim Fast Low Carb Shake
L: Cheeseburger Soup
D: ??? Probably a salad w/ chicken or tuna
Snack: Low Carb Shake
Exercise - It's Cardio/Machine day at the Y

Sonnet 01-18-2006 07:39 PM

Better late than never here. I'm jumping in. :)
1. 10 pound weight loss between 1/19 and 2/14
2. cook one new or favorite atkins' recipes at least five days a week
3. walk at least 5 days a week
4. drink all my water
5. take my measurments
6. re-read Atkins' New Diet Revolution (some daily)

beckamundo 01-19-2006 08:08 AM

Today and the next couple days are gonna be rough...emotional. I'm hoping to stay OP

B:Special K LC Cereal w/2T. milk
L:Applebees...something healthy
S:Layered salad
Water:64ozs at least
Exercise:15 minutes on the bike

RobinW 01-19-2006 08:35 AM

You can do it Bec!!

Today's plan

Snack~ 2 eggs w/cheddar cheese
Lunch~ 1/2 can tuna w/mayo and celery
Supper~ chicken and broccoli

Morgaine 01-19-2006 08:55 AM

Woohoo!

I'm now down TEN pounds!!!!

B: Low Carb Shake
L: Will probably treat myself to a salad bar somewhere (I"m getting SO tired of assembling salads)
D: No clue...
Snack: Low Carb Shake
Exercise - It's Cardio day at the Y

beckamundo 01-20-2006 07:17 AM

this weekend will be rough. i have a fish fry tonight, tomorrow chinese buffet and a open house. i'm gonna do my best.

b:special k low carb cereal w/ 2T milk
l:salad
s:fish fry (no frys or rolls) and cole slaw
w:at least 64ozs. water
exercise:maybe a bike ride, but not counting on it.

SherryA 01-20-2006 01:31 PM

One more pound gone for the Valentine's challenge. 8 more to go. I was confused last night looking at my chart. The ticks on the scale just didn't add up. I couldn't remember what my Valentine's goal was, I thought it was 245, (nice round number), but when I added the ticks on the scale of the valentine vixen chart, it was coming up at 246. I couldn't figure out why I set such a weird goal. Then I realized that I didn't. There are only 10 ticks and I set my goal for 11 pounds! OH ok, that explains it. I felt kinda dumb.

RobinW 01-20-2006 03:05 PM

Today's plan

Lunch~ 1/2 can tuna & cheese
Snack~ cheese
Supper~ chicken cutlets drenched in bacon mushrooms and colbyjack :D and lots of broccoli (ended up going out for supper.....so I had a chicken ceasar salad)

sassybrat25 01-20-2006 06:28 PM

I had a VERY bad week!!!:cry: I'm either getting let go from my job next Friday or I'm getting dropped to part time due to my store closing, and i still don't know which one it is!!!!:eek: They are waiting until next week to even let us know if we have jobs or not!!!:tantrum: So, I have been very stressed!!:stress: I have not stuck to my diet at all and I haven't gotten any exercise!!:( I have kind of been moping ant eating comfort foods a lot!! I am going to try to get back on track starting tomorrow though. Wish me luck!:crossed:

gonna_be_150 01-21-2006 12:57 AM

Oh no Amber - I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you are able to find something else quickly!!

I haven't posted my menu since the 11th, so don't think I'll play catch up with that LOL. I'll post the last couple tho....

Yesterday
B/Fast: 2 cups of coffee, flax oatmeal
Lunch: 2 more cups of coffee, an egg
Dinner: taco salad w/tomato's, shredded cheese & sour cream
Snack: sunflower seeds

Only 80 ozs water.

Today
B/Fast: 2 cups of coffee
Lunch: 1 1/2 cups beef broth
Dinner: pork loin, spinach salad w/2 eggs, onions, red peppers & HM dressing
Snack 2: 4 cups coffee , sunflower seeds

Water sucked today. Only 50 ozs. Have been really cold the last couple days (even tho it hasn't been all that cold outside) & haven't been able to warm up, despite having ceramic heaters in front of me at all times. Hard to drink cold water when I feel like I'm freezing to death. This cold feeling is usually a TOM thing for me tho so it usually only lasts a little while, but I felt like this for at least the past month. Weird! Good thing our winters haven't been the usual ice box they usually are, or I'd have to surround myself with ceramic heaters instead of just 2 :)

RobinW 01-21-2006 08:53 AM

You can do it Amber, we're here to help :)

Still doing good

Lunch~ 1/2 can tuna w/mayo and celery
Snack~ 1oz (or 2) colby jack cheese
Supper~ same as last night's plan, cuz I didnt have it last night :lol:

lady_adnerb 01-21-2006 10:34 AM

Dug this out of page 5.....looks like I've been here before!! I didn't have to change anything. Now THAT is sad!!! I gotta do better!!

Goals by 2/14/06:

1: Get rid of drinking soda/cappuccino
2: drink more water
3: try to get more exercise in
4: Lose 11 pounds (hopefully more, but being realistic).
(Scale should say: 151)scale reads 156!!! 5 more pounds to go! YAHOO!!!!

sassybrat25 01-21-2006 11:41 AM

:thanks: for the support RobinW & gonna be 150. I'm sure things will work out! Just gotta have faith. :halffull: I am determined not to let it keep me down. :wl: So far I am doing well today. I had a very healthy breakfast and I am about to go work out in a little while!! :hun: :strong:

zinawarriorforGod 01-21-2006 02:00 PM

Atkins

Are you doing Atkins? If not how do I find a thread that is doing the Atkins program? Thank you for your help.