3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Valentine Vixen Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/70820-valentine-vixen-challenge.html)

gonna_be_150 01-08-2006 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlelota
I am so frustrated with figuring out the weight tracher...I want to put a Valentine one along with my long term one. Help!!!!

Hi Littlelota, you're using the code for EZ boards, you need to copy & paste the code for 3FC (it's the very 1st one).

Welcome Randi :wave:

Wooohooo Becca WTG. :bravo:

Looks good Robin! You better still be here!!!!!!

My WI day today & am happy to say I am down 4 lbs since last Sunday!! Yipeeeeeee :woo:

RobinW 01-08-2006 10:11 AM

4lbs :eek: Did you bend over to look closer at the numbers just to make sure?? :lol: I do that all the time....thinking, my eyes arent focused yet....that cant be right. But it is!!!! WTG Stacie!! :cheer: Keep this up and you're going to have to adjust your goal! Nice eh?!*insert maple leaf* ;)

bnbsmommy1 01-08-2006 02:21 PM

Hi guys, I'm still in the challenge and staying OP. My cousin, who was burnt badly, died yesterday and my aunt (his mom) has been in the hospital for a week so I've just been running in and haven't been paying attention to the challenge. I'm very much still in though!

b: omlette
l: egg salad
s: shake

It's hard getting exercise in because with my mom staying at the hospital I've had no babysitter...that's alright though, I'm going to try not to freak about it.

RobinW 01-08-2006 05:22 PM

Lacey Im sorry to hear about your cousin. Thoughts and prayers for your family

Tuuurtlemama 01-08-2006 08:16 PM

Lacey ((hugs)) I am so sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of you and your family. xoxo

gonna_be_150 01-08-2006 08:42 PM

Lacey - I'm very sorry to hear about your cousin. My thoughts & prayers are with you & your entire family!

gonna_be_150 01-08-2006 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobinW
4lbs :eek: Did you bend over to look closer at the numbers just to make sure?? :lol: I do that all the time....thinking, my eyes arent focused yet....that cant be right. But it is!!!! WTG Stacie!! :cheer: Keep this up and you're going to have to adjust your goal! Nice eh?!*insert maple leaf* ;)

LOL Robin....haven't had to do that since I got a digital scale with a BIG readout :D. As you may recall, I was getting too tall to see the numbers on my old dial face scale ;). I did however, move the scale 4x to make sure I got the same number each time LOL. I actually got 172 once, but 173 3x's was the winner. We'll see about the goal if I get there before V. Dday :). Have a good night eh! (and a beer ~ iinnn a tree) ;).

iloveadam 01-08-2006 10:28 PM

Happy Sunday Vixens!

Hey all you losers...weight, that is;) hehe! I had a little dilemma this morn at church....we were having the Lord's supper and all I could think about was how many carbs the bread & grape juice had.:?: It wasn't as bas as I thought but I probably am out of ketosis, now. I also had MORE than 20 carbs today*sheesh* well.... here is my menu:

B: The Lord's Supper :D
L:Chicken salad
Snack: shake
D:taco salad
Snack: 2 T cool whip...(it was either that or give in to pistacio pudding pie!)

And thats all...I didnt work out today but whoa boy I am sore from yesterday!! See ya tomorrow~Becca

sassybrat25 01-08-2006 10:29 PM

Did good yesterday and today. I stayed w/in my points for weight watchers, drank all of my H2O (crystal light to go packets REALLY help!!!), ate all of my veggies and I exercised yesterday (rested today).

Valentines goal:
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...1d8/weight.png

Started June 1 '05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...f5c/weight.png

:jig: :jig: :jig: :jig: :jig: :jig: :jig:
1 jiggy for every 5lbs. lost!

beckamundo 01-09-2006 08:00 AM

Lacey, sorry about your families lost. You are in my thoughts and prayers!!

Breakfast:don't know
Lunch:Salad
Supper:don't know
Water:at least 64ozs.
Exercise:Body Flex (already done) workout, bike 1.5 miles at least tonight, 20 reverse stomach crunches

Have a great & OP day!!

RobinW 01-09-2006 08:53 AM

Stacie I forgot that you grew taller!! :lol:

Breaky~ protein/fibre shake
Lunch~ cheeseburger soup
Supper~ chicken breast w/dijon sauce and a veggie..or maybe a ceasar salad...oh, or maybe chicken ceasar salad :lol: it will be chicken something!!

Snacks....boiled eggs

bnbsmommy1 01-09-2006 10:20 AM

the communion story cracked me up! I know I'd be stressing about it too. It'd be so hard to 'sneak' the bread and juice into something else. Maybe toss it into one of the kids' mouths really quick :D

my meals are getting pretty bland...we're trying to save for the down payment on my dd's braces so the grocery bill was cut 1/4 of what it usually is. I got a mondo thing of eggs and cheese and meat and am having to be creative with it LOL

breakfast: omlette
lunch: egg salad
supper: shake

beckamundo 01-09-2006 10:29 AM

I can understand what you mean about the communion/Lord's Supper, but I look at it as you aren't eating a lot of it or drinking a lot of it and it is something that is religous. That's how I look at it and we do communion 2x a month at church. Heck, I don't even count that. :) Have a great day.

thincruiser 01-09-2006 04:19 PM

I really need to start posting my goals again!!
for tuesday:

Go to the gym and only veggies for snacks!
drink 96 oz of water as well

gonna_be_150 01-09-2006 08:50 PM

Not going to post my exercise in here since I already post it in the exercise thread.

Jan. 7
Breakfast: 4 Pork Sausages w/diced Red Pepper
Lunch: Salad w/Ranch Dressing
Supper: My Chicken Roll-ups

Snack(s): --

Coffee: 4 cups
Water: 148 ozs

Jan. 8
Breakfast: Roast Beef, Prosciutto Ham & Provolone Cheese (rolled up like crepes & heated in microwave till cheese is melted :) )
Lunch: HB Egg w/4 Pork Sausages
Supper: Salad w/Mayo

Snack(s): Sunflower Seeds

Water: 98 ozs

Jan. 9
Breakfast: HB Eggs w/4 slices Back Bacon
Supper: My Mexican Mix w/Lettuce, Tom's, Shredded Cheese & Sour Cream

Snack(s): HB Egg & 2 ozs Roasted Chicken, Whipped Topping (1 Tbsp that I savored as long as possible :D)

Coffee: 2 cups
Water: 150 ozs

Had a very late breakie (around 11:30 & an early supper 4ish - so no lunch).

iloveadam 01-09-2006 11:43 PM

Hi!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to post my daily menu which wasnt much....I havent had much of an appetite and when i do sit down to eat I can't eat too much....wonder why?:dizzy: I think today I got a total of 9-10 carbs,now I know that isn't good AT ALL! *sigh*whats a girl to do! Plus my hubby challenged me to a weight loss bet to see who can lose the most by V-Day. LOL! Winner gets to pick prize...and naturally I chose Queen for a Day :D He hasn't decided what his reward will be if he is the winner.....So anyway here it is:

B: 2 egg omelet w/cheese and bacon
L: nothing
D: shredded pork with salsa and cheese

Thats all folks!;)

beckamundo 01-10-2006 08:06 AM

B:don't know yet
L:probably a salad w/some tuna, cheese and ranch dressing, maybe a FEW croutons for crunch
S:Gr. Beef, brocolli, and maybe a salad w/cheese, black olives and ranch drsg w/a DAB of french drsg.
Exercise:Body Flex(already done) and 20 reverse stomach crunches

Morgaine 01-10-2006 09:38 AM

I lost my first FIVE pounds!!!

I just had to post so I could use a new Avatar and stick a dancing banana in my signature.

I lost my first five pounds - woohoo!!

RobinW 01-10-2006 10:34 AM

Yahhhhhhh Morgaine !! WTG!! :cb: :cb: :cb: <----more dancing bananas for you! :)

Did very good yesterday....it was the first time since before christmas that I didnt fight with you know who :sumo: Yahhhhh me :cb:

Today's plan

Breaky~ Protein/fibre shake
Snack~ broccoli quiche
Lunch~ cheeseburger soup
Supper~ chicken ceasar salad...with real bacon :T

Littlelota 01-10-2006 09:31 PM

1st Week weigh in!

Hi everyone! I wanted to write and check in. I have been soooo good...giggles. I have now started to incorporate veggies. I cut up and separated everything I would need for my salads during the week on Sunday evening, so I wouldn't starve during the day. So, each day I'm having a mixed romaine lettuce salad with cucumbers, hard boiled egg and some sort of lean meat, and all I have to do is grab the right baggie. I've been using the 0 Carb Ranch Dressing. And, I've enjoyed it!!! I haven't been as active as I had hoped I'd be, but the little I've gotten in is better than none. Last week, I didn't have a moment to breathe. This week will be a little calmer, so it'll be an even better week. My normal daily diet has been pretty much this:
B: 2 egg omelette w/a little green pepper & a little cheese. Sometimes egg beaters (wanted to try them & they're quicker on work mornings.)
Other days, I am drinking an Atkins Shake...all depends on the time.
L: Salad w/veggies, meat and dressing
D: Omelette (if not one for breakfast) or chicken w/spices cooked in Pam &
butter on the stove. Or a hamburger patty w/mustard.
I don't eat low carb desserts because I haven't craved anything yet and that's usually when my diet breaks down a little, so I'm holding off until the vary last second.
Thank you for the advice on the cramping. I have started taking the vitamins you suggested and the cramping has gotten much better now. I have given up on the Weight Tracker, but enjoy looking at everyone elses! I just love seeing your successes! Such motivation.
And lastly, my one week weigh-in is that I've lost 7 pounds. :woo: . I'm happy with that and with adding in the exercise, I am hoping to lose 5 this week. And, everyone around me is starting to see that I'm serious and being more supportive. I do have one question, which is a little embarrassing. I have not gone to the bathroom (#2) since before I started my diet. I'm not in any pain at all, but it seems kind of strange. I've taken those phyllium husk fibers almost every day. So, I will guess it's okay.
Keep up the good work everyone and thanks for being here for me! Bye.

Littlelota 01-11-2006 01:07 AM

Weight Tracker

I FINALLY figured it out! Thank you for your help.

beckamundo 01-11-2006 07:43 AM

Yesterday wasn't as planned, but I did the best given the situation. Today will be better.

B:
L:Salad w/tuna, cheese and ranch drsg, a few crushed wheat thins for the 'crunch'
S:Something chicken w/broccoli
Water:At least 64ozs.
Exercise:My reg. exercise free day, but may do some bike riding later on before bed tonight

RobinW 01-11-2006 11:19 AM

lota~ congrats on the 7lbs!! :cb: great job!! Are you drinking your water? psyllium husk without water wont do much good. Just think when you finally do go.....it could be an extra lb or 2 ;) :lol:

Ive been suffering with a very very long hot flash the last 2 days!!! From what Ive been reading, its common when you weight train :( I dont need any help with heat in my body :P

Yesterday was good...had a really little supper cuz that cheeseburger soup filled me up for too long.

Snack~ broccolli quiche
Lunch~ cheese burger soup
Supper~ bbq'd chicken thighs and a veggie

iloveadam 01-11-2006 11:51 AM

Happy Wednesday!

Hi everyone:wave: Today is going great! i felt really good at Curves this morn and I was sweating!:D So that was a good indication that I was working hard. I weighed myself this morning at it says 159.2!! YAYAYY!! Finally in the 50s!:twirly: Things are really starting to look up for me!

Here's todays menu:
B: 2 scrambled eggs with 3 sausage links, cup of coffee with 3 splendas and
3 T 1/2 n1/2
L: Ham rolls w/cheese and celery sticks
D: spaghetti squash with my homeade sauce

Hope you all have a spectacular day!:hug: ~Becca

Tuuurtlemama 01-11-2006 07:48 PM

Ok, I have two questions for whoever can answer them...

1: Can I have the recipe for cheeseburger soup, it sounds soo good! :p

2: how in the world do I cook spagetti squash? :lol:

gonna_be_150 01-11-2006 09:21 PM

This was in the recipes forum...not sure if it's the one Robin uses. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3367

All I do to cook spag. squash is cut it in half, remove the seeds, put it into a pan cut side down with about 1/2" water...enough to cover bottom of pan, cover with alum. foil & bake. Now my baking method is unusual :). I put the squash in a 350 oven around 2:30, then I turn offthe oven at 2:50 or so (that's when I leave to pick up my eldest from school) leaving the squash in the oven. By the time I get back, 3:40ish, it's ready. There are some pretty good recipes out there for spag. squash...I think it was Robin that posted this really good one with broccoli & mushrooms (recipes forum).

Becca, Morgaine & Littlelota ~ YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :woo: That is awesome, what a bunch of losers you all are!! :bravo:

gonna_be_150 01-11-2006 09:36 PM

Jan. 10
Breakfast: Fried Egg w/2 slices Back Bacon
Lunch: Spinach Salad w/HB Egg
Supper: My Mexican Mix w/mixed Lettuce, Tom's, Olives, Shredded Cheese & Sour Cream

Snack(s): Quicky LC Pumpkin Cheesecake

Water: 122 ozs

Jan. 11
Breakfast: Fried Egg w/4 Pork Sausages
Lunch: Chicken Leg w/Back
Supper: My Mexican Mix w/mixed Lettuce, Tom's, Olives, Red Peppers, Shredded Cheese & Sour Cream

Snack(s): --

Coffee: 6 cups
Water: 122 ozs

gonna_be_150 01-11-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobinW
Ive been suffering with a very very long hot flash the last 2 days!!! From what Ive been reading, its common when you weight train :( I dont need any help with heat in my body :P

Sorry you're going through that Robin, I know it can be very uncomfortable, especially when you 1st start or when you start increasing intensity! Too bad you can't package that up & sell it on the Home Shopping Network...you'd make a million :D . That's what all those miracle pills supposedly do, heat up the cells in your body to boost your metabolism (or something along those lines).

That cheeseburger soup is totally filling, but how can you stand it? I tried making that Cheeseburger Soup from our recipes forum and by the 2nd bowl, I was forcing it down (and trying to keep it down LOL). Definitely not for me :barf:. I think I've still got a few servings left in the freezer that I can't bring myself to eat. They'll probably end up in the garbage next time I go into the freezer for something :p.

bnbsmommy1 01-11-2006 10:16 PM

I told DH that since he already works 12-20 hour days that the least he can do is wait until 8:00 am to leave so that I can take my walks. He hung up on me so I guess it's something I'll have to work on.

tomorrow:
breakfast: 2 eggs
lunch: hamburger
supper: shake

lots of water and at least 3 miles.

Livenlose 01-12-2006 02:14 AM

Hey Ladies :D.. I wanna know something.. (before i start Induction phase tomorrow).. Shakes aren't allowed during Induction phase.. right? And also.. what kind of shakes do u guys usually drink/make which works for Atkins diet?

And great job everyone on their eating habits.. I hope I can eat like that too.. soon :)

gonna_be_150 01-12-2006 06:23 AM

Hi there, the shakes are allowed on induction. I don't have them often, but the stuff I have in the house is Atkins Shake Mix...there are also pre-made shakes by Atkins & I believe EAS (??) as well. The only reason I even have the mix is because LC stuff is no longer being replaced on the shelves in Canada (Western Canada anyway...not sure about the East) & I bought them cause they were on sale & I thought they might be handy to have just in case LOL. Since I started back in November, I think I've had a shake 6 times. I need food to fill my tummy :D. Some people don't like to use them at all during induction as they've found it stalls their losses (for some people sugar alcohols and substitutes trigger the same insulin release as regular sugar).

Good luck starting induction :).

beckamundo 01-12-2006 07:33 AM

B:Not real sure
L:Again not sure, actually the leftover dill chicken breast and broccoli
S:Maybe a steak on the grill w/a salad and some broccoli
Exercise:HOPEFULLY my Body Flex later on when I can breathe through my nose, at least 15 minutes on the bike tonight and 20 reverse crunches.

bnbsmommy1 01-12-2006 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priiyeah
Hey Ladies :D.. I wanna know something.. (before i start Induction phase tomorrow).. Shakes aren't allowed during Induction phase.. right? And also.. what kind of shakes do u guys usually drink/make which works for Atkins diet?
:)

Good luck on induction!! I can't remember what the book says about induction and the shakes but I'm thinking that they are not allowed if following strict induction.....at first anyway. The shakes I make are protein shake mix from gnc. Anytime I drink the atkins shakes or the other pre-made shakes I either stall or gain weight. But that's just ME...you'll figure your body out and be able to tell later how it react to everything :) I'll dig around in the book today and see what it says...

RobinW 01-12-2006 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonna_be_150

That cheeseburger soup is totally filling, but how can you stand it? I tried making that Cheeseburger Soup from our recipes forum and by the 2nd bowl, I was forcing it down (and trying to keep it down LOL). Definitely not for me :barf:. I think I've still got a few servings left in the freezer that I can't bring myself to eat. They'll probably end up in the garbage next time I go into the freezer for something :p.

I dont use 2 cups of heavy cream, I use 1 cup of chicken broth, and 1 cup of 1/2 & 1/2. It was just to heavy sounding to me. Besides if Im going to eat heavy cream, Im going to beat the sh*t out of it and add splenda to it :lol:

But yes that's the recipe I use......and the shakes are optimum nutrietion, double chocolate fudge flavour (big jug of powdered stuff) mixed with 8oz water, and 1 heaping tsp of psyllium husk powder. This has been ok for me on induction.

Ive gotta dash, but I'll check back in this afternoon

gonna_be_150 01-12-2006 01:38 PM

Atkins Products for Induction.....
  • Atkins Advantage Morning Breakfast Bars
  • Atkins Advantage Bars & Ready to Drink Shakes
  • Atkins Bake Mix.
http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkin...for-induction/

LOL Robin, I'm with ya on the cream. I made mine very similar to yours, except mine was the heavy cream, not the 1/2 & 1/2. Those shakes sound great, I'll have to look for that. Atkins stuff is OK in a pinch, but I wouldn't say it was as delicious as Atkins claims it to be LOL.

RobinW 01-12-2006 03:19 PM

Ok, Im back

Lunch~ last of the cheese burger soup :T
Supper~ well, dh said we needed to make some changes "around here" so before he could say anything else I said "So you're going to start cooking more???" :lol: :lol3: :rofl: it was quite funny....he was thinking Id make buttertarts once a month! :lol: :lol3: :rofl: equally as funny!!! :lol: anyway, he's actually going to cook supper....so it will be chicken (I seen it on the counter) and he'll make a veggie for me :D Im still not going to make any butter tarts tho!!
Stacie....from what I remember about the protein powders in canada, I used to use the whey (something or other) see if you can get a sample from them before you buy a whole jug. It was pretty good....but not everyone likes the same things. I really like the shakes for breakfast, because Ive never been a breakfast person...so this is perfect for me. I just cant eat a full heavy breakfast.

I'll post my recipe for the cheeseburger soup, and my quiche in the recipe section.

K, recipes are posted

sassybrat25 01-12-2006 10:41 PM

I haven't posted in a few days!!!

Sorry, I've been kind of busy, but I have been doing very well. I have not cheated on my diet once, have drank all my H2O, eaten all my veggies and have been exercising!!!! :carrot: Tomorrow is my weigh in day, so we'll see if my being good has paid off!!::crossed: :goodscale Keep up the good work everyone!!!:high: :grouphug:

Valentines goal:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...6/199/213/.png

Started WW on June 1 '05
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...0/199/213/.png

:jig: :jig: :jig: :jig: :jig: :jig: :jig:
1 jiggy for every 5lbs. lost!!!!

iloveadam 01-12-2006 11:08 PM

Hi

Hello everyone! Here what I ate today:

B: Egg &cheese omelet w/ 3 sausages
L: EAS shake
D: Squashghetti(:D ) It was soo good! tastes just like real spaghetti!
Snack: slim fast shake~yum!

Lost another pound! yay!:carrot:

Bye 4 now

Livenlose 01-13-2006 12:21 AM

Thanks for the information bnbsmommy1 and gonna_be_150 :D . I guess when I start (yeah.. i haven't started yet :() induction phase.. I wont drink shakes.. But will miss fruits. Oh well, gotta leave something to get something.. :)

iloveadam: YAY!! For that 1 pound gone.. Way to go hun :)
sassybrat25: I hope u get a good news after weighin urself :D
RobinW: Thanks for the recipe .. i'm surely gonna try it one day :].

beckamundo 01-13-2006 07:35 AM

B:don't know
L:broccoli & dill chicken
S:steak, salad w/olives, cheese and ranch drsg
Exercise:at least 15 mins. on the bike, 20 reverse crunches, and some aeorbics