Old 11-14-2005, 05:44 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekly Chat - November 14th - 20th

Good Morning Everyone

How is your monday going? Did you have a successful weekend?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 06:58 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: My weekend was ok. Did good except on our anniversary.

Well, today I have to go and order new glasses. Hate doing that because I'm not the one that has to LOOK at them all the time I also have to go feed the deer. Nothing exciting otherwise happening today.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 07:23 AM   #3  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Talking

Leenie, you beat me again at starting the weekly thread. you are one early bird!

The scales FINALLY budged and went down to 205...I wanna lose those six pounds sooooooo bad!!!

I'm on my way out the door for my walk before anyone wakes up and then it's off to work! Have an awesome week everyone and drink drink drink!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/156/128

Height: 5'3"

Leenie - Heya chick!

Brenda - Ugh, I just bought new glasses. I then found out I had the oppurtunity to get lasik done for free, but it almost made me sick thinking how much I just spent to throw it all down the toilet.

Lacey - Good job on the pound! Keep up the good work and those six pounds will melt off faster than you know it!

Okay, so someone needs to kick me so hard because I can't seem to stay OP. I fell off the wagon and I fell HARD. After you guys have lost the weight have you noticed that it takes your body a while to catch up with it? I had on a pair of jeans yesterday that I've been wearing the entire time and I literally could pull them off without unzipping them. They have never been that loose! My ghetto booty is disappearing!
aovercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 09:19 AM   #5  
Atkins Lover

Morning all!!

Brenda~Was your anniversary nice? What did you guys do special??? I know, I know, I'm just so nosey. LOL

Audrey~ <<KICK-KICK-KICK>> Did I get you back up on the wagon? We all have moments when we fall off and I'm glad when others help me back on!! I have a pair of pants that are really loose also...but another pair the SAME size are so tight!! I hate that.

Leenie~It was a buy weekend, 1/2 OP and 1/2 NOT. My Monday is going good, but will be an emotional one, my grandparents are moving from their house today and there are sooooo many memories there and it is hard to think of never being there for family gatherings again.

Lacey~KUDOS on the lose!!! You go girl!! And you even got a walk in this am!!! You are the exercise goddess!! You just reminded me that I need to get some water into my body!!

Today will be an okay day, lots of emotions I think and I'm gonna try very hard not to eat my way through them. My back is feeling lots better so I'm gonna ride at least a mile tonight on the bike. I'm looking forward to that at least...which is weird!!

Have a great & OP day chickies!
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 10:31 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning early birds!!

I love the new huggy smiley!

Lacey~ your doing great....something I found seemed to work for me, when I wanted to loose a bit faster, double up your water. I dont know why it worked, but it certainly moved things along alot quicker. Those 6lbs will be gone in no time!

Bec~ you have one of those days ahead of you. I'll be thinking about you.

Audrey~ we need a kick smiley!! smarten up!! Did that help?

Brenda~ you know if your freezer is overfilled with deer meat, I'll come and get the extra!

Im having a very hard time staying op. Im struggling pretty bad. I'll be ok all day, then night time hits, or we will have been out all day, and I miss lunch, and Im ravenous and eat what ever I can get my hands on. Im not loosing, Im gaining. I can tell by my jeans....they pretty much dont fit anymore. Im terrified to get on the scale! I was doing so good, and the weight was coming off a month ago, and my jeans were bordering on being too big. Im no longer maintaining what Ive lost, Ive gone beyond.....and I need some serious inspiration!

Im off to find it......have a good day ladies
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 11:45 AM   #7  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Good morning ladies

I hope that everyone had great weekends. I am not much of a weekend poster. It seems that I am so busy that there is no computer time.

Brenda- Happy late anniversary!

Audrey- I would love to get lasik done, too. Congrats on your pants fitting so loosely!

Bec- I hope that your day goes well.

Lacey- congratulations on the pound lost!

Robin- I totally understand your frustration with staying OP. I think that this time of year really tests us.

My weekend wasn't too bad. Friday night I felt so miserable and Dh was so tired that we fell asleep at 5:30 pm and didnt wake up until 8am Saturday morning. I guess we really needed the sleep. Saturday I was pretty good. I did eat some chili with beans, though. Sunday I was awful. I had 2 pumpkin pie spice cappucinos, then my cousin from Montana made a wonderful chicken and spinach manicotti with bread and salad! We don't see her often and I really enjoyed it b/c it was our little Thanksgiving with her.

Everyone have a great OP day!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:54 PM   #8  
TemporaryFatChick

Lacey, wow, I can't wait to be in your position. I figure it will be next fall\winter before I get down that far. I can't imagine being that close to breaking the 200 mark, WTG on all your success to this point. I'll pray for the whoosh fairy to wave a wand over you this week.

(((Bec))) I'm sorry that today is going to be so emotional. I hope you all enjoy reminiscing about all the good times.

Robin - You can do it girl! I know it can be so hard some days, but I know you can hang in there. Can you start carrying around some cheese sticks and low carb meal replacement bars in your purse so you don't get caught out again?

I’m trying not to feel discouraged today. I stuck to the plan like glue and only lost one pound this week. I know it’s better than gaining, but after the first two weeks were so phenomenal, it’s disappointing, especially when I think about all the food challenges I overcame. I’m not quitting or anything, just feeling a little blue over it this morning. *sniff*
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:45 AM   #9  
Atkins Lover

Morning All!!

Tennessee~I totally know how you feel about losing a lot then......a very little. But you are right, you did lose a pound which is AWESOME!! and you didn't gain. You can do this girl! Keep up what you are doing!!

Robin~Girllllll....get moving and get on a schedule. You have been such an inspiration to me as far as eating right and eating enough. How many times did you tell me I needed to eat more veggies??? You can do this, look how far you have come!!!! Find some low carb snacks to put in the car so if you miss lunch, you at least have something small to 'munch' on. Same thing w/at night, it isn't about depriving yourself of everything, it's just eating in moderation and making better choices. I know how you feel about those late night munchies, you can beat them, or only allow yourself ONE night of munching. Hope you have found your inspiration girl!

Andrea~Your weekend sounds wonderful and I'm glad that you got to enjoy some special time w/your cousin. That is great. It isn't always about why we are eating or what, it's how much...at least w/me that is. Remember that it is a special treat and it isn't something that doesn't happen often!

Well, I made it through yesterday and did ok. I had 4 tacos (corn shells w/meat, cheese, tomatoes and guacamole), 8 ozs. chili, 2 corn muffins and 70 ozs water. Not real good food choices, but better than the cookies, brownies and other 'crap' I wanted to eat to 'help' my emotions. I did workout last night rode the bike 1 mile. And this morning I did 20 reverse curls. I'm hoping to ride another mile tonight, depends on how my homeshow I'm doing does and what time I get home. Reverse curls in the morning.

Well chickies have a great & OP day!!
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:04 AM   #10  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Bec: thought about you yesterday, glad you said NO to the sweet food and wtg with the excercise and water! Did you hurt your back or has it always just bothered you? Having a bad back just SUCKS.

Audrey: I just loooooove when my jeans fall off, I consider it time to go down a size everytime this happens

Tenn: that is always kind of a letdown to go from losing a LOT to just losing a little, but it's an adjustment that you'll get used to..losing 1-2 pounds a week isn't such a bad thing. Measuring myself helped too, because when I wasn't losing weight I was losing inches. My dd broke my tape measure though so I haven't done that in a while

rebelrider: ahhhh to sleep the weekend away, what bliss!! I thank God that there isn't a starbucks anywhere close to me, I just can't say no to a frappucino, they call my name and I obey.

I'm too embarased to post in the water post, I was the water loser of yesterday, for sure. So I'm filling up my humongo jug and will start guzzing it right now.

happy day girls!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:13 AM   #11  
Baby Steps

I have to say I feel like "ick". I'm tired. VERY tired. Not sure what my problem is. And the thought of throwing the contacts in.....YIKES! Nope, I think it's the ugly glasses for me today. At least, maybe until I wake up. I'm considering eating breakfast and going back to bed. Then again, I should DO stuff around the house. I haven't touched the house since...um....Oh heck when was the last time? THAT says it all to the state of what my house looks like!! I need to go to work so I can afford a cleaning lady I'm off to get the oldest DD on the bus and then eat something and maybe a short nap will revive me. I've got a meeting with The Girls this evening..but we may have to cancel because the forecast is calling for SNOW! ICK!!! I need to work on the water today. ALMOST made it yesterday. I want to be an all week smiley person instead of one with frowns in it here and there!! Drink your water ladies!!!
Old 11-15-2005, 11:04 AM   #12  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Thank you again ladies for your thoughts and support!!

I am going to make up a few protein/fibre shake baggies and keep them in the truck....I can always find bottled water around really easy. I dont want to keep water in the truck, because soon enough its going to freeze. I'll pick up some cheese string today, and toss that in my purse for emergencies. Any other ideas as to what to bring with me, that dont need refridgeration, or wont freeze

I did good yesterday...and Im feeling a bit better, but still a little humble (know what I mean?) I know what to do, and how to do it....I just have to apply it in a consistent manner!

Colouring my hair today, and getting some xmas cards made up and ready to go, especially the ones that have to go to Canada, and the UK. I have a leslie sanstone dvd that I'll do today and a walk in the mall with dh. It should be a good day even if it is damp out there

Have a great day ladies
Old 11-15-2005, 01:07 PM   #13  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Another busy day here. We are in "crisis mode" with a student that has behavior problems and that means we are pretty busy. I think the situation is going much better. My cat unplugged my alarm this morning so I woke up later than I should have and didnt get to make breakfast. I had packed my lunch last night, but forgot to grab it this morning...I am such a scattered mess today!

We had some light snow blowing this morning and it is frigid outside! I can't wait to go home and curl up on the couch with my blankie! I know, I should be exercising, but I just can't seem to find the energy. Ever since this cold/sinus infection I get so worn out during the work day that I just want to crash when I get home. I need to just do it, though!

I hope you all are having great days!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 01:51 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Robin: I know nuts don't freeze but they're also not induction friendly. But maybe in an emergency only situation? How about jerky? Or pork rinds?

Andrea: I know what you mean about the snow. We're supposed to get some this afternoon/tonight. I'm not looking forward to it. All it's good for is to snuggle up in the house with. Hope you start getting more energy soon!!

I never did get to take a nap. I ended up talking to my cousin for a couple hours. Then I had to run to the store. Now it's too late. lol. I'll just plan on going to bed early. OH!! Forgot to mention....the MIL said that they had to take FIL to the doctor again for tests. I guess he's having "problems" and they needed to get it checked out. But she never said what the problem was. I'm hoping it's not the same "problem" he had before....and that was CANCER!!! So if you are praying people...please add him to your prayers!!! Thanks!!
Old 11-15-2005, 07:07 PM   #15  
Lovin' Life

Andrea~ just rest....if your not feeling well, pushing yourself will not make you heal faster. Your better off to rest your body...its what it wants.

Brenda~ I love the jerky and nut idea. I would have to portion out the nuts in a baggie...because its just too easy to pop open a can, and munch away. Both of those can be left in the truck and I dont have to worry about them overheating, or freezing (much) I cant do pork rinds, they come back on me, and it tastes like I ate a dead pig. I hope your FIL is doing alright, he is in my thoughts.

I did good today, but got caught out without food again. ONLY because I was expecting to be home by lunch time. So......jerky is bought and so are the cheese strings, protein/fibre mixture is in baggies. Im saving the peanuts until after induction. I have my tote by the door, so all I have to do, is pop it in there before I leave. Anyway, I ended up in the GNC looking for a protein drink, (they had lots of individual serving-already mixed stuff) But I went for the "energy" tea instead, which was 0 calories and 0 carbs. Because I knew that even if I had the shake, Id want to eat when I got home. It held me over fine, but I wolfed down my lunch!!

What ended up keeping us there so long was because dh had some hats made up at the "lids" place and he wanted to wait for them to be done. Just a note on that place...even tho you approve the spelling and font....wait until its up on the computer screen before you ok it. The "G" on Graphixs is almost a full space away from the "r" and it looks like someone made a mistake. So after some wrangling, they gave me the thread (no charge) so I could fix it at home on my own machine! Because they wouldnt redo the hats, and they couldnt fix it....they dont have just a sewing machine, its all computer generated.

My day went well, and Im off to start addressing
some xmas cards Have a nice evening