Old 11-09-2005, 11:16 PM   #1  

Default Felt like I ate a lot today..

Because I always feel like I ate over my limit even though I probably didn't. I just feel that diets that don't make you feel deprived mus not work! lol. Here was my day I did eat alot:

Breakfast:
2 eggs and egg whites
Carb contol yogurt
3 ounces of cheese

Snack
Green tea
Tuna fish

Lunch
Salmon
Tuna fish
Veggie meat strips (5 carbs per serving)

Dinner
A small small piece of meatloaf
4 small pieces of pork chops
half a hamburger wth nothing on it
Egg whites

And of course tons of water. Ran out of lettuce today so I couldn't have my salad. Does this sound too bad? I just felt like I kept eating non stop today!
firestrip33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:25 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

it looks ok, but there are NO veggies??? Green tea doesnt count as a veggie. You need 2 cups of salad veggies, that includes cucumber, celery etc. Have some broccoli. If you dont eat your veggies, your going to have troubles in the bathroom, if you get my drift.

Alot of us use fitday.com to keep track of our carb intake. Its free, if you want to check it out, imput your food everyday. It will give you a better idea as to what your intake is.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:05 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Are you on induction? If so, the yogurt is a no-no. Otherwise it all looked fine. And yup, one of the first things we have to get adjusted in our minds is that even though we can eat what we want, when we want as long as it's LC it's ALL GOOD!!! So don't worry about eating too much. Just make sure you get the LC eating down and THEN work on maybe cutting it down. I didn't think what you ate was that much! But as Robin said....get the veggies in! Those'll help fill you up, also.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:31 PM   #4  

Thanks guy I was more worried about the meatloaf and hamburger thing..I know all meat is allowed but I think they may have had carbs in it because I don't think of meatloaf as a lean meat. Though it was such a small piece it was insane! lol. Well, I am not on 'introduction' because I am not on atkins. I am only eating 20 carbs or less a day. I am not doing atkins or anything. So far (hopefully I don't jinx it" I have lost 5 pounds in 5 days so I think maybe yogurt isn't that bad? I plan on eating this way for a long time, and I couldn't imagine going years without any yogurt at all because it's one of my favorite foods and it REALLY helps with my acid reflux. I don't have it everyday though.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:17 PM   #5  
Baby Steps

Sounds like you're doing what is working for you and the yogurt isn't bothering it. WTG on the 5 pound loss!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:53 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_adnerb
Sounds like you're doing what is working for you and the yogurt isn't bothering it. WTG on the 5 pound loss!!!
Thanks so much
Old 11-10-2005, 11:00 PM   #7  
Opulent

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestrip33
Because I always feel like I ate over my limit even though I probably didn't. I just feel that diets that don't make you feel deprived mus not work! lol. Here was my day I did eat alot:

Breakfast:
2 eggs and egg whites
Carb contol yogurt
3 ounces of cheese

Snack
Green tea
Tuna fish

Lunch
Salmon
Tuna fish
Veggie meat strips (5 carbs per serving)

Dinner
A small small piece of meatloaf
4 small pieces of pork chops
half a hamburger wth nothing on it
Egg whites

And of course tons of water. Ran out of lettuce today so I couldn't have my salad. Does this sound too bad? I just felt like I kept eating non stop today!

Since you don't mention amounts for all the foods you have consumed it is difficult to judge if what you have eaten is "too much" of anything...a "small" piece of meatloaf can be anywhere from 1 oz. to 10 oz., depending on who you ask. Also, did you make it yourself? If not, it could have sugar, corn syrup, condiments, bread or other fillers in it, raising the carbohydrate levels to the "no-no" zone.

Same goes for the tuna and salmon. Was it plain? How much did you eat?
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:11 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogini
Since you don't mention amounts for all the foods you have consumed it is difficult to judge if what you have eaten is "too much" of anything...a "small" piece of meatloaf can be anywhere from 1 oz. to 10 oz., depending on who you ask. Also, did you make it yourself? If not, it could have sugar, corn syrup, condiments, bread or other fillers in it, raising the carbohydrate levels to the "no-no" zone.

Same goes for the tuna and salmon. Was it plain? How much did you eat?
Tuna plain 2 cans, the meatloaf was probably one ounce I didn't make it my sister did, salmon plain no carbs it said on the package. I didn't gain yesterday so I am happy about that and I started over day as a brand new day. So I am not trying to dwell on it that will only cause me to quit.