Old 10-03-2005, 07:02 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat-- October 3-9

Lottie: Sorry, haven't had that experience in all the time I've done this. Loss of appetite yes, but not the metallic taste.

Mindy: Sorry, don't have a LC steak sauce. I hear you on the quality of meat thing. There are just some places not worth getting meat from! And my self control is zilch and always has been---it's one reason I'm always fat/overweight. It's also why Atkins works so well for me (normally) because I can eat to being "full" instead of always trying to starve myself. My problem now is lack of motivation--or would that be lack of follow-through? Or both. Just too dang easy to eat junk instead of eating healthy!!

Well, it's Monday morning and I'm tired again. The weekend just is never long enough!! That and it was so dang hot it never cooled down in the house to make it comfortable sleeping. I should have just broke down and put the A/C on...but you know how much of an odity that is to have to do in October? We're not usually that warm in October!!
Well, I did good yesterday and I think I even got my quota of water in Did you all have a great weekend??

Last edited by lady_adnerb; 10-03-2005 at 07:08 AM.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 09:04 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekly Chat - October 3rd - 9th

Good Morning LC Chicklets

How did everyone do this weekend? OP?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 12:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/156/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning everyone, so this is what you meant by chat huh? I'm slow when it comes to a few things. I'm doing well this morning. Officially into week two and down 8.5 pounds even though the counter makes it look like 9.

What time of day do you all find it best to weigh and do you weigh with light weight clothes on...right after you get out of the shower? I weighed myself at six this morning and again at ten (I know I'm a serial weigher and it's a bad thing) and I weighed less at ten than I did at six.
aovercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 02:16 PM   #4  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

My weekend went well, I'm craving a salad from quiznos right now, maybe I'll walk up and get one....my end of the week is here and I"ve lost 8 lbs.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 05:45 PM   #5  

Hello everyone! I've been staying OP pretty good, but not perfectly. I get so upset when I screw up even a little bit, but I've recently come to the conclusion that I just cannot be expected to be perfect. I just have to do my best and keep on going, right? Right!

Brenda - You are doing so great on getting your water intake lately!!! Keep it up!

Audrey - As for weighing, I wake up in the morning, pee, then weigh myself naked. That way there are never any other variables in play when you get on the scale such as clothing, having a big breakfast, etc. Keep up the good work - that 8.5 pound loss is great!

Lottie - I've never had a salad from Quiznos - I guess I'll have to try one. And congrats on the 8 pound loss - that's awsome!!!

Well, I'm off to exercise. I'm going to do some Pilates if I can get my kids to leave me alone for a few minutes. They are driving me insane as I write this... Ugh, I'm going to CRACK!!!

-Sarah
SkinnyAgainSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 05:57 PM   #6  
Woman on a mission

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottie63
My weekend went well, I'm craving a salad from quiznos right now, maybe I'll walk up and get one....my end of the week is here and I"ve lost 8 lbs.
That is awesome! Feeling different yet..anything 'loose'. So far, I need a new belt...or make new holes..lol. and my engagement ring is a bit loose, too..but not to where it will fall off...yet.
I bet you can't wait to see the results of week 2...I'm about to get up and do my weigh in.
tickleyourfancies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 06:02 PM   #7  
Woman on a mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by aovercast
Good Morning everyone, so this is what you meant by chat huh? I'm slow when it comes to a few things. I'm doing well this morning. Officially into week two and down 8.5 pounds even though the counter makes it look like 9.

What time of day do you all find it best to weigh and do you weigh with light weight clothes on...right after you get out of the shower? I weighed myself at six this morning and again at ten (I know I'm a serial weigher and it's a bad thing) and I weighed less at ten than I did at six.
wow...that is great to hear on the weight loss.

I haven't found a best time of day for me..but, usually shortly after I get up..which is now for me since I worked graveyard last night. I *can* be a serial weigher throughout the week...but, I try not to.

I'm at the end of my second week...yay
Old 10-03-2005, 09:30 PM   #8  
unabashed

well I lost 7 lbs right before sI started atkins (on xenical, but it's too expensive tokeep up with) and yet no nothing is lose yet, my fingers and face are usually what shows yet, my bf says he can tell but I can't...oh well, give it another week before I can tell a bit....

hope everyone is doing well.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:13 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

Default Tuesday

Leenie:

Audrey: Congrats on the weight loss!! Take the 9 pounds The other 1/2'll be off soon. I weigh myself in the morning w/out clothes on--before I've drank anything but after going to the bathroom. I don't think it matters when you do it. If you're lighter at 10:00 then weight yourself then There's no rules on when it has to be done

Lottie: If the BF says there's changes take his word Congrats on the weight loss!!

Sarah: As long as you're still losing weight I wouldn't worry about the screw ups. And did you get pilates done? I could never do that (then again, I'm a slug and don't exercise anyway ) and envy the people that do!!

Erin: Welcome and you've come to the best place for inspiration. If you need something just let me know Just remember the closer you are to your goal the slower your weight loss will be!!

Well, I did good yesterday again and the water intake was good. I didn't give up soda though. But I did get "bottles" that have only oz and are smaller than the cans. So I'll finish up (it was a mistake buying the bottles, so now I've gotta get rid of them) the bottles and go to the 1/2 cans I bought. THEN I'll totally quit (maybe). But I seem to be getting my water in and that was always the problem. I'll see how that goes next Wednesday when WI should show a decent loss (this week might be a waste because of the carbs from the weekend) and I'll know if I have to cut the soda out or not.
Have a great day everyone
Old 10-04-2005, 07:59 AM   #10  
Woman on a mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottie63
well I lost 7 lbs right before sI started atkins (on xenical, but it's too expensive tokeep up with) and yet no nothing is lose yet, my fingers and face are usually what shows yet, my bf says he can tell but I can't...oh well, give it another week before I can tell a bit....

hope everyone is doing well.
my fiance has said he sees a difference, too...but i don't know yet..i think i am seeing it in my face..and my double chin is starting to disappear..lol.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:17 AM   #11  

Morning all, well I have contracted my kids illness. I had a question...I did really good with my carb intake yesterday. But, I started getting sick...so without even thinking I pulled out the Nyquil before bed, and after I swallowed it I thought....OH CRAP! I bet this has a ton of sugar in it! So I think I blew it just because of the one little tiny dosage of cold medication. Does anyone have any ideas on what is "carb free" cold medication? Am I going to have to stick with pills and not be able to take and cough suppressant?
Old 10-04-2005, 10:39 AM   #12  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Wow, look at all the new folks!! Welcome Its nice to have you here!

Its been a rough few days My back seems to have straightened out, but I havent been back on the trampoline in over a week. I walked last wednesday, but that was pushing it. Ive never been brought to tears from a sore back, but man, I was a big pink mint smellin' cry baby! So, it seems thats ok now, and pms symptoms have shown up. Add it all up, and its early pms, and wacked out hormones (again)

Eating has been off, and so has the exercise. But on the plus side, dh and I busted our butts to get some signs done, and they look awesome!! We are both thrilled with the results....so is the customer

Im back to it slowly today, no exercise, but a thorough house cleaning and lots of laundry. Time to play catch-up. Ive been trying to plan a thanksgiving dinner for this weekend. Since moving to the states, I still insist on having my canadian thanksgiving....so it looks like so far, my brother, and his family will be here. Im trying to talk my parents into making the 2 hr trip. Or at least carpooling with my brother.

Thats pretty much whats happening around here....have a great day everyone.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:03 AM   #13  
unabashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aovercast
Morning all, well I have contracted my kids illness. I had a question...I did really good with my carb intake yesterday. But, I started getting sick...so without even thinking I pulled out the Nyquil before bed, and after I swallowed it I thought....OH CRAP! I bet this has a ton of sugar in it! So I think I blew it just because of the one little tiny dosage of cold medication. Does anyone have any ideas on what is "carb free" cold medication? Am I going to have to stick with pills and not be able to take and cough suppressant?
you can get sugar free diabetic robitussin for cough
Old 10-04-2005, 12:06 PM   #14  

Thanks Lottie!
Old 10-04-2005, 03:42 PM   #15  
Baby Steps

Audrey: I wouldn't worry about it right now if I was you. When I'm sick I just worry about getting better ASAP and work on the WOE after. So just rest up and get better!!

Robin: Glad to hear you're feeling better! Early thanksgiving (turkey!!!) sounds great right now. Dang, now I'm hungry for turkey!

Lottie:

Well, the pool is washed up and emptied. Now I've got to wait for it to dry and people to help me pack it up. My back is a little tight right now and I don't want to push it or it will get worse. It'll be warm yet tomorrow so maybe I'll just let it dry out there overnight. But then Thursday it's supposed to be COLD. It's just not right going from 81 to 76 to the 50's!!! Just need 8 more oz and I'll have my water in