Old 06-24-2005, 09:10 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Friday Chat 6/24

How's everyone today? Getting their water in? I've been bad at that and shouldn't because w/this heat I NEED the water. So that's my goal for today. That and staying cool!
You all have anything planned for this weekend??
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:39 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Morning Brenda, and all to come

Im not getting in my water either, but I have been drinking lots of green ice tea. Doesnt really count I know, but I just get so tired of p'ing all the time I'll try harder!

Nothing planned for the weekend, I am suppose to go this afternoon to check out a curves and another gym with a girlfriend. I dont think curves is for me, but she seems to think she'll like it, so I'll go for moral support.

Have a good day
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:07 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Chicklets, whats shakin

Its suposed to be VERY hot and humid here the next few days (ick) but I'll take it over the snow.

This weekend I MUST clean the house, we are having a party next weekend (just a bbq) and my house is a wreck. Sunday I have a graduation party to go to.. outdoors ICK. Thats about it for my world. Thanks for asking Brenda

What about you all ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 11:59 AM   #4  

Hello everyone,

I am new here, and so glad I found people to talk to who are dieting also!! I am the mom of 3, ages almost 10, 9, and almost 2. I have been putting of dieting forever, but I decided now is the time. I am an emotional eater, and I also eat when I am stressed, which is most of the time!! My husband is a manager at a car dealership here in New Mexico, so he works crazy hours. I am a stay at home mom, so I am with the kids from the minute they get up, until my husband gets home after a 12 or 13 hour day at work. It seems my boys are trying to kill me early because of their CONSTANT fighting. My husband has been extremly supportive, even though he has no idea what I am going through. He is skinny as a rail, but eats like a horse!!! We have been together for 7 years, and he has gained less than 5 pounds!!! Anyway, I am glad to meet all of you, and I will enjoy talking to all of you. Oh, and the best part of this, I started Atkins on Tuesday, and I have already lost 5 pounds!!!
mommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:08 PM   #5  
God, Give me strength !!

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'7

Ok , this is why I SHLIULD not wigh myself...... Talk about errrrrrrrrrr 3 days ago, I thought I would weigh myself, and I was SOOOOOO Happy according too the scale I had lost 4 pounds, well like a DUMB Butt, I did it againm this morning..... I gained those 4 pounds back..... Not soibgf that ANY MORE....I blame it on Mid cycle bloating

Another Scorcher today... Yet again I stuck too the plan. So doing well

Brenda.. I just ooredered my water, we ran out a few days ago, waiting for the water guy too come.We will need it gonna be a HOT ONE!!!

Mommyx3... Weclome Aboard!! I too have 3 babies.. 11,3, and 1 on July 1oth
really pushing for Number 4, but will NOT happen until I lose the weight. You came too the right place!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, I will be back on Sunday * weigh in day for me *...I hope I lost at least a POUND!!!
Melissa70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:19 PM   #6  

Welcome Amanda! We're glad to have you here. Congrats on the fast 5 pound loss - that's great! I myself am a stay-at-home mother of 3-year-old twins, so I know where you are coming from as far as stressful days at home are concerned! Most of the time I want to either cry or just tear my hair out... but man, I just love those little buggers! I was born and raised in Albuquerque, but am now living in CA. Where are you in NM?

Brenda and Robin - count me in for being MIA in the water department too. I know it will make a big difference in weight loss (right?) but I just can't seem to do it! I will make it my goal today too.

Robin - Curves wasn't for me either. I gave it a try, but spending only 30 seconds on each machine just wasn't enough. I came home feeling like I had just wasted my time. I did have a friend however, who did Curves and lost a lot of weight. I hope it works out for your friend!

Leenie - I'm with you - I'll take hot and humid over snow ANY day! Sounds like you have a hectic couple of weeks coming up. Hang in there!

Not much planned for this weekend except for going to some sandrail races tomorrow. I don't think they'll have anything low-carb at the snack bar, so I guess I'll have to bring some beef jerkey (which I OD'd on and don't really like anymore) or pork skins. Actually, I can't eat pork skins - I tried them once and had to spit it out. Some of them actually still have pig hair on them!!!! I know tons of low-carbers eat them and enjoy the, but I just can't. Any other portable snack ideas?

Have a great day everyone!
SkinnyAgainSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:46 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

Robin: I thought I read somewhere that even tea counts because of the water in it. I could be wrong. As for curves, my sister has lost weight doing that and she also said a lot of other women there have. I can't afford to go (yet) but am hoping someday to be able to.

Leenie: Not sure how your house can be dirty because it seems like you're always cleaning it. Want to come clean mine?? Hugs and you're welcome my friend

Mommy: I can totally relate with the dying early because of the fighting. I've taken to just putting them in their rooms (they have seperate rooms) so that they can't fight. I make them shut their doors because otherwise they'll actually stand in their doorway and fight! Sound familiar? Threaten to tie them together with duct tape (and actually, I WAS going to do that with my girls) until they DO get along. The last couple days have been QUIET Welcome to the board

Melissa: You can't drink tap water? I'm another one that seems to step on the scale more than I should. But after NOT seeing the scale go down I think I've killed that addiction. Hope your WI goes well!!

SAS: I've never tried pork skins. Pork rinds yes, pork skin, no. They don't sound appetizing either. DH has taken to eating microwavable pork rinds (you microwave them like popcorn). Portable snacks (not induction worthy, but better than nothing): peanuts. Or even a LC bar as a last ditch effort.

Well, the pool is outside and is filling with water. That means no more need to go to the river for the girls to swim. Well, it'll take a couple days for it to fill. lol. I may even dunk myself in it also. Forgot to mention, stepped on the scale this morning and I'm REALLY looking forward to official WI tomorrow!!! WOOHOO! Add that to TOM almost being gone and I'm a happy camper. Well, off to drink more water
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:25 PM   #8  

Hello again,

TOday has been a little less stressful orme so far! My husband is home, it's his day off from work!! Myoldest son is with him, while my 2 little ones are at home with me for awile. Our summers are also stressful because my sons show pigs for 4-H, so we have been travelng EVERY weekend for the last month and a half.... TOmorrow is the last show for a month, so hopfull everything will settle down.

Brenda- I actually have tied my boys together, it worked for a while!! My problem is my oldest one likes to torment my little one, and my little one thinks whining is the only thing he can do. They do have seperate rooms, but they are right next to each other, so they resort to yelling at each other through the walls!!

I live in Los Lunas~ it is a little less than 30 minutes outside of Albuquerque.

I actually have a membership to curves, but I am not sure if it really works. The other problem is that my husband gets out of work to late for me to go. The few times I went, i didn't even ache the next day like I tipically did. I feel like I get the best workout just from walking, plus I can take the kids!!! definately feel the burn when walking!!! Plus curves is a little expensive, unless you don't have to pay the membership fees. I got my fee waved it is normally 175.00. During the month of oct. they wave the service fee if you bring in a mammogram, but since I was to young for a mammogram, they too a pap test. It costs me 34.00 a month, and they do a direct debit from my checking acct. It is more if you pay monthly. I beter run, its time to load the pigs!!!

Amanda
mommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:38 PM   #9  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

3 BIG glasses of tea, and Im working on the 2nd glass of water...so only 3 more good thing its only 330!!

Dh and I have been working on a design for the truck...our black sparkly vinyl came today...its going to look soooo cool!! Im so excited.

Not much else, Im off to browse a bit more, and get a bit more motivated. Im doing good, and want to keep it that way.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:20 PM   #10  

I never thought I could drink so much water but the more I drink the more I thirst for it! before I started this woe I would throw up from just a glass of it but now I love love it I drink anywhere between 80-90 oz a day. I have 20 oz bottles that I keep handy.

Just bought my dd a pool and a ton of outdoor toys so I am sure that will be our weekend activity but its hot enough!
mom2nicolenmatthew is offline   Reply With Quote