Old 06-21-2005, 08:16 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Tuesday Chat 6/21

Hello all!! Well, today I've decided not to try and get THAT much done. I never DID manage to get to the strawberries. But at least the A/C is in and JUST in time! Then again, we're going to need another one at this rate. But we're going to see how this 1 does before buying another one. One good thing is if I make strawberry jelly.....there'll be less for me to eat TOM decided to put in an early appearance so hopefully NEXT week I'll see a loss. But oh well if I don't. I'm FEELING better and I've decided that's ok for now
Have a great day everyone!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:30 AM   #2  

Lightbulb

Morning Brenda.....yum....strawberry jam! Are you making it with Splenda or the "regular" way?

I made an AWESOME side last night! I make my own salsa and I added some black soy beans! It was so good! And one serving only has 4 carbs in it.
We had it with grilled chicken....I was in heaven. At least it was something other than a salad!

I will post the recipe in the recipe section. This recipe is good for people doing Weight Watchers too......9 grams of fiber! Can't beat that.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 09:32 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Brenda~ I love strawberries!!! If your making it a low carb jam, pls share the recipe. Ive been wanting to make jams with sf ff jello.

Jane~I know how you feel about salads. Ive started eating them without lettuce

Not alot happening around here...I have a house to clean. I just might get it done today. Before it gets too hot again. Did some planting yesterday, weeded my veggie garden and cleaned up all the little weeds growing inbetween all the stones. I still have to attack the front garden...I have 6 bushes to dig out of there. I'll get to it eventually! Definitely NOT when the sun is beating down on me.

Have a great day everyone
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 09:35 AM   #4  
God, Give me strength !!

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Ladies!!! I am soooooooooo tired. Gotta find a way too get moving today. So much too do. Kristen has ballet Camp, Need too fold Laundry, Clean the back yard...I need too start going too bed earlier
I did really GOOD yesterday, pretty proud of myself. I did not exercise, but I did eat the Atkins way So that is good for me.

Brenda!! Yummy Strawberry jam, I want some Do you do ther things besides Jellies & Jams? I want some Pickles

Jane, I bet my Husband would love that Salsa you made. It sound delish!! Please do Share your recipe!

Ok I gotta go for now, need too shower!! CBL. Have a good day ladies!
Melissa70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 10:18 AM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning ladies,

Urgh I had the busiest day yesterday, it was hot here for the first time this season too. Sounds like all you guys are doing OK.

Did fairly good with eating yesterday and did get in a long walk, I need to log my equator trek points.

Have an awesome day!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 10:55 AM   #6  

Ugh. Good morning - I think? My eyes are still half closed. I always think I'm getting to the boards early, but you guys are way ahead of me.

Brenda - I love, love, love strawberry jam! I sure do miss it! Any "babysitting" today?

I did good staying OP yesterday and am hoping to have another good day today. After falling off the wagon this weekend I gained 2 pounds. I know that's not the end of the world but right now I feel like it is. Especially because hubby just bought a new boat and so now I have to get into a swimsuit! I guess I better get back on my elliptical machine!

Have a great day all!
SkinnyAgainSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:06 AM   #7  

ok...recipe is under Side Dishes....ENJOY.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:15 AM   #8  
Chubbles

hi ladies! Wow I had the BEST dinner last night since I have been on atkins! AND maybe im superstisious, but I SWEAR it made me lose 3lbs overnight! I call it cheeseburger pie...if you'd like the recipe just let me know heehe. I do weigh myself every day and haven't really lost much last week, just relost pounds I had already lost since I cheated once...but now I am down 3 new pounds and so excited!
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:29 PM   #9  

Hey Breakfast - Congrats on your 3 pound loss! I weigh myself everyday too. I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help it! I'm a little bummed right now because I just gained back 2 of the 11 pounds I had lost... Oh well, if your Cheeseburger Pie will make me lose 3 pounds overnight I'll be in good shape! Just kidding. But it does sound tasty. I'd love to have the recipe!
SkinnyAgainSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:03 PM   #10  
God, Give me strength !!

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'7

Breakfast!!! Great job on the 3 pounds DOWN Keep up the good work

I would get sodiscourauged if I weighed every day. i will weigh every Sunday Morning. Since I started on Sunday.
Melissa70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 05:38 PM   #11  
Chubbles

I never really get discouraged if I don't lose...because I know that weight loss is not linear, but it does also make me have better days when I DO lose...I also like daily weighing because it helps me monitor what foods I could have possibly eaten to stall on...since most days I do lose. Like on day 4, I didn't lose any weight and I figured out it was from the burger I got from Burger King...without the bun, of course...I checked nutrition facts on the website, and sure enough, over 500mg of sodium! after that my weight loss returned pretty steadily. I don't use ketosticks yet, but I can tell when I'm in ketosis and usually by weighing myself I can eliminate what may have caused my loss!

here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
a.. 1 lb. very lean hamburger
b.. 1 small chopped onion
c.. 4 slices crisp-cooked bacon, chopped in bits
d.. 3 eggs
e.. 1/2 cup mayonnaise

f.. 1/2 cup half-n-half
g.. 8 oz. shredded chedder or swiss cheese
h.. garlic powder to taste (optional)
i.. white pepper

How to Prepare:

Brown hamburger in skillet with onion. Remove and mix in bowl with
bacon pieces, breaking up any larger clumps with a fork or pastry mixer
until you have a fine mix. Drain well of any excess grease and press into the bottom of a deep-dish pie pan. Set aside.

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Combine remaining ingredients in mixer bowl and whip well. Pour
mixture over beef "crust" and bake 40-45 minutes until top is browned and
"set".
Cool 15- 20 minutes before slicing. This can be packaged in Ziplocs or
plastic containers for meals quickly microwaved over the next 3-5 days. (Does not freeze well, though.

Serves 6. 2 grams per serving.
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote