Old 01-23-2005, 10:20 AM   #16  

The sky is falling the sky is falling!!!!!!

I woke up to 20 inches of snow and we are expected to get 10 more inches before the day is over.

30 inches of snow Oh My!

Going to be a good girl today......Getting back on the wagon. Do wagons drive well in the snow?

Brenda: I wondered how you faired with the storm. Glad to hear you can actually GO OUT today.

Robin: What a fun day you have planned. Sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 10:44 AM   #17  
thin within

Wink

wow. it looks live everyone is snowed in this weekend. please be careful wherever you are.

for all who have been struggling to stay on or climb back on the wagon lately -- if you read my post under "5 a day", you will see that i not only fell off the wagon, but got left behind. because i was offplan most of the time since the end of may, i gained back almost every bit of what i had lost the previous year. so this time around, i am doing some things differently. i've incorporated 24 oz of skim milk into my daily menu, as well as a cup of v-8 every other morning or so. i really missed milk a lot. recent studies have indicated that drinking 24 oz of skim or lowfat milk daily helps reduce belly fat and overall weight. i hope that i am not ruffling anyone's feathers with that. everything else is pretty much in line with atkins. i eat lots of green salad, cukes, peppers, broccoli (sp), cauliflower, celery, mozzarella cheese, eggs, chicken breasts, deli turkey, deli ham, turkey bacon, and fiber/protein smoothies (8 to 10 oz of water, 2 tall tsp of orange-flavored metamucil, 2 scoops of protein powder, 2 tall tsp of cottage cheese, a splash of imitation vanilla flavoring, and a few ice cubes). i have no idea how many carbs are in the smoothies, nor do i know how many carbs i consume in a day. this way seems much less like a diet to me and a lot more like a different way of eating, if that makes any sense at all. i plan on adding strawberries into the mix in another week or so. i'm not saying that this method is best for everyone, but that it is working very well for me. i've been following this regimen since 1/3. during these 3 weeks, i have lost 13 lbs, 4 inches off my waist, and 3 inches off my hips. my point in saying all of this is that we have to make our eating plans our own. we have to tailor them to fit us individually. what works for one may need tweaking for another. just experiment and see what works best and is most satisfying for you. good luck to each and every one of us, no matter which specific plan we are using!

Last edited by fullfig; 01-23-2005 at 11:03 AM.
fullfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 06:57 PM   #18  
Baby Steps

Jane: Yup, wagons can go in the snow if they're 4 wheel drive Congrats on getting on the wagon. Keep me up there with you will ya?

Fullfig: You sound like you've got your WOE figured out. I think I'm still figuring that one out. I do well during the week. It's the weekends that I bomb at. And not the TOTAL weekend. Seems I can do well for 2 of the 3 days (counting Friday as the weekend of course). So I need to figure out how to ward off the carb-wants on those days. Maybe have a higher LC snack? I mean like a carbwell "brownie" or some such thing. Maybe I've limited myself too long and need different stuff? I could go for a blueberry right now But you sure make a lot of sense!! I need to figure this one out....thanks for the inspirational talk Needed it!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 07:18 PM   #19  

Fullfig: You've got it exactly....find what works for you! I think your additions sound great..if it works for you then that is all that matters. We are all after the same goal and as long as we get there then that is all that matters. No feathers ruffled around here!

Brenda: I think I have enough room for two in my wagon!

We are still digging out! Unbelievable! We live in a condo so they come dig us out but I went out and did the front walk and I can't believe how deep the snow is! I wish they would call off work tomorrow. No such luck I'm sure.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:53 AM   #20  
thin within

thanks, brenda and jane. i used to keep some of the low carb bars or candies to eat in a pinch when i was really craving chocolate or candy. i know a lot of folks view these as the enemy. if consumed on a regular basis, i'm sure they really would mess things up. i used them as very occasional treats though, emergency treats of a sort. i figured these were a lot better than a real snicker, reese cups, brownies, etc. you get the idea. last time around i was caught up too much in an all or nothing mindset. if i fell off the wagon a little, i took the rest of the day off. sometimes this would lead into a few days to a week or longer. so, this time i had to really look at things in a different way to find something doable long term. i actually had a couple of strawberries last night, but plan to add them in more regularly next week. so, my point in all of this is if you are really craving blueberries right now, go ahead and have a few. the low carb hard candies or chocolates really can help in a pinch. again, just find out what works for you. it is just like a baby learning to crawl. if you have had babies, you know that crawling styles change a couple or few times before they start standing to walk. my dd started with the army crawl, before learning to hold up her tummy while she moved on the elbows and knees. actually, before the army crawl, she just rolled over and over to get where she wanted. it is the same way with eating. we go through many trials and errors before we find what is most comfortable and doable. again, good luck to each of us, no matter which plan we are following!

even though we have a 2 hour delayed start on school today, i had better get myself in the shower. you never know when the office will call needing a sub. flylady would be so proud of me being fully dressed every morning. haha. have a great day everyone. stay safe and warm.
fullfig is offline   Reply With Quote