Old 12-04-2004, 09:01 PM   #1  
Proud Mama

Unhappy I did a very bad thing....

OMG!!! You know those russell stover Low carb toffees?!?!?!?! Ummm.. I thought I would be good and just have the portion size they recommend.... Oh no! That didn't work at all!! I accidentally downed the whole bag!!! Minus a piece. (for hubby) OH NO!!!! I have to NEVER buy those things again! MMMMMMMMMMMM it was soo good. and I feel sooooooo bad!
Uggamugga4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 10:52 PM   #2  
Somethin's gotta give

lol! ....it depends on 2 things...do they slow you down? ( if not...head on lady!) and....do they make your uh...tummy upset?.....for me anything with molit...malit....maolitollitoolll....whatever that fake sugar is called..messes me up royally...I can have one or two but after that...get out of my way ....at least it wasnt something "real".....but I can tell you it slowed me down some until I got into ketosis....good luck!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 11:47 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

I buy the little packages that only have 2 pieces in each. Prevents me from overdoing it. lol. They ARE delicious!!!! Remember....it's a learning experience and you just learned something
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 07:14 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh those candies, all I can say is they gave me the worst gas this side of the mississippi (anything with sorbitol, manitol, etc...... pffffffffffffft).

Lesson learned lol
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:43 PM   #5  
Proud Mama

Oh ya... I felt sooooooo miserable!!!!! Ok, slow down weight wise.. or ummmm.. slow your um system, ya.. um down?

I have a question. I keep blowing it on my carbs and going a little over my carb goal of 20. I keep getting about 21-25 carbs. Do you think that's low enough to lose weight, or should I be really strict????
Old 12-07-2004, 08:59 PM   #6  
Future Size 6

I seem to recall still losing weight even when I fudged a little. Of course you should follow the plan as closely as you can, I think, but you should be okay. (Please keep in mind, though, that I am NOT an expert!)

And speaking of "fudge"...I just ate a huge serving of the Russell Stover candies as well, on my last splurge before starting full-on Atkins tomorrow morning. That means NO sweets for a while. So I ate these, knowing full well that they do stall my weight loss, along with causing some of the more...unpleasant side effects as mentioned above.

I think this says a lot about my general stupidity! But hey, they were good. It was just a matter of thinking about the consequences and deciding it was worth it.
Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 09:09 PM   #7  
Proud Mama

GRRRRRrrrr!~ So where are you keeping your calories and carbs at? I am suppose to be setting a good example for a friend of mine who has also started low carbin. Problem is, I have the BIGGEST craving for extra crunchy peanut butter. MMMMM.. Me, a spoon, and a big tub of peanut butter...... Uh-Oh!!! I need help! LOL is there a phone number for that one? lol
Old 12-07-2004, 09:18 PM   #8  
Future Size 6

Well, I haven't "officially" started Atkins yet. What I was talking about was from when I tried it for a few months, about a year ago.

But as I recall, while I was on Induction I never went much above 25-30 grams of carbs per day. I wasn't counting calories then. This time around I plan to be more disciplined about it, and try to keep the calories between 1500-1700.
Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 11:53 AM   #9  
Proud Mama

how did you do? I feel like I am starting on day one every day.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:43 PM   #10  

Carrie--

Hang in there! You're going to be fine! Really. I've been doing Atkins with varying degrees of strictness since January 2001, and I promise cheating sessions aren't the end of the world. They will stall your weight loss though. The good news, however, is that I've found I can cheat here and there and so long as I stay away from carbs most of the time, I don't gain weight. That's better than nothing.

Here's what's worked for me when I've been in a mode dedicated to losing steadily. When I'm in strict induction mode, I find I don't actually have any carb cravings. It's not terribly pleasant because your options are pretty boring, but I seriously have found it eliminates all cravings. Food just isn't interesting anymore, which is sort of sad but it works. When I'm in this mode, I do eggs for breakfast, small salad with meat for lunch, and grilled meat for dinner. I eliminate nuts, cheese, and try to keep the veggie intake down and the protein intake up. Although I don't count calories, I find that I don't eat that much because grilled meat and eggs aren't my favorite foods.

I've also noticed that prepackaged low carb foods (even Atkins brand) tend to stall me a bit. I do much better when I eat eggs for breakfast, rather than an Atkins bar.

The other thing that works to really heat up weight loss is exercise. I'm just like Oprah, I HATE exercise, but I do love the results. I hate it so much I can never make myself do it on my own, so I'm working with a personal trainer. I'll write more about it in another post. It's a bit of a splurge, but I figure its well worth it.

Hang in there...you'll be fine!
CPgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 02:00 PM   #11  
Proud Mama

Ya.. right now I hate exercise. I think I am more afraid of failing this time, and I am afraid of the end results of me. This is a temporary spaz time I guess. I used to be really small until I met my husband and had 3 kids in a year. I use to be compulsive about exercise, but now ack!! I bet it is the exercise that is not helping (or lack their of). My hubby's b-day is on saturday. His request... Lots of ooowie goowie sweet deserts. I'm dead! haha
Old 12-08-2004, 02:44 PM   #12  
Somethin's gotta give

My suggestion is....don't cut down on veggies...you need them to help fill you up, plus they help take care of all the uric acid- I found on trhis plan,. you need to get on a roll....only a couple good days will set you on the right track-I've gone so far as to put notes all over the house-that I PROMISED myself to stay OP for just one day....still ended up arguing with myself but it really did help....
Old 12-08-2004, 04:31 PM   #13  
Proud Mama

Very true Marie. I'm baffled with the calorie/carb ratio.

Very true though... I know I'll feel better after a week or so of good days.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:55 PM   #14  
Somethin's gotta give

Well, atkins says to be "shockingly unafraid of fat" during induction...that the more fat rich it is the easier it is to gwet into ketosis....the reason I DO this plan is because I didnt want to count calories...heck if I could count calories I'd just go on a low calorie plan!
Old 12-08-2004, 10:20 PM   #15  
Baby Steps

I've actually fallen in love with veggies. I'm mainly a veggie eater. Well, can't say that seeing how my breakfast is always eggs and sausage. But my supper is usually a big salad (yes, bigger than induction calls for. Always has been) and a hand ful of meat. I just need that "I'm not hungry" feeling again. Where'd it go???? lol
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote