Old 11-11-2004, 04:36 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Chat-November 11th

Good Morning Everyone!

Here it is 4:30 am and I am awake grrrrr. Actually I was sleeping so well, and Rocky woke me up wanting to go outside. So I am just sitting here waiting for him to decide he's ready to come back inside Hopefully I will be able to go right back to sleep. Last night I went right to sleep thank goodness. DH rubbed my back for me cause it was killing me and I went right off to sleep!

Went out to dinner last night at the little local restaurant near the house. Everyone knows everyone there. My dad was there and everyone was asking him about being a grandpa again. He acted so excited. He also told me yesterday that he wanted to buy the crib and all the trimmings (bumpers, sheets, comforter, etc) for the baby! Told me to pick out anything I wanted and he would pay for it. I thought this was so sweet of him! I was really close to him while growing up. I was "daddy's little girl" But as I got to the teenage years, we grew apart some. (Him and my mom divorced when I was 11 and I stayed with my mom most of the time after that) When my mom passed away 5 years ago, he was there for me and my brother and we started getting closer again! He's so happy about this baby, and says he can't wait to hold his little granddaughter. The only other grandchild on my side of the family is my brother's son who is 14.

Well, as you all can see I am very chatty this morning! Sorry to bore you all so early! Hope everyone has a great day! I am going to try to get a little more sleep and I will check in later this morning! Me and DH are both off work today and we have the Ultrasound this afternoon. Just going to be lazy the rest of the day!

Brenda: By the way....my DH said to say congrats to your DH on the 8 point buck as well! He got another one yesterday, but it was nothing to brag about! Says he's going to take the day off from hunting and get all the meat in the freezer!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 08:38 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Lisa: Be as chatty as you want. I found your post quite interesting. Glad your dad is excited. And how great for you to get new stuff from him!! Have fun picking it out!! Tell DH that ALL deer are worth bragging over. To me it don't matter cuz you can't eat the horns!!

Ok, I plan on quitting exercising if I don't start losing weight soon. And to top it off...the dang scale went UP a pound not DOWN!! What's up with that???
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:01 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Lisa, don't appologize, we love to hear whats happening in your world, and its so nice to see everyone's excited over little Lindy.

Brenda, don't quit exercising b/c not only is it a good way to lose weight its also good for you, your bones and your innards lolol !!! Don't just do it for weight loss, do it for your health. Since you just started exercising, you are most likely gaining muscle but the muscle gain will help you burn calories, the more muscle you have the more you will burn. Keep it up !!

Nothing new here, SOSDD, Work Work Work

BBL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:12 AM   #4  

Busy, busy, busy.................I don't have time to pee these days

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Brenda: Keep exercising! Yes, I know....this coming from her! I haven't done squat in the last few weeks...no pun intended!

Lisa: That is so nice of your dad. Glad you have gotten closer. I wish my husband and his kids could get closer....he just doesn't know what to do. So, I must have missed something.....did they definitely decide it was a girl?

Leenie: Kick my butt please! I need to get back OP. I just can't seem to do it. I know you are following a "different" plan....how are you doing?

Well, I have to get some serious work done today. Why does work always get in the way.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:26 AM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

BBBBB---- Heavy muscly people look better than skinny flabby ones!!!

Lisa: i loved you post so don't worry about rambling...and it is amazing the things a baby can do for the family they just bring people together.

Good Morning Miss Jane!! **Kick Kick no more pop tarrts!!** ahahahahaha

Leenie HI and happy working

I did well yesterday staying OP, OMG I was so depressed last night I watched this old movie called "Simon Birch" and it just killed me!!! I was depressed but I didn't EAT!!!! Yahoooooo off to the gym after work today!

TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:33 AM   #6  

Good Morning Again everyone!!!

I slept a little bit, but not much. Although I do feel pretty good this morning! Think I may take a nap before the ultrasound appointment this afternoon. I was planning on cleaning the house today, but DH said....."Just wait until tonight and I will help you" I almost fell out! He is not the housework type person! He does a great job when he does help out, but with the way he works it doesn't happen very often. I guess I shouldn't complain too much because he does put in about 70 hours per week at work! Think that after the appointment today we are going to pick up the crib. I have had it picked out for a few weeks, just waiting on DH to have time to take his truck and pick it up for me. I am still really in shock over my dad offering to buy it. That is so unlike him in the past. I was always the "black sheep" when it came to him. Makes me so happy that he's taking an active role in this new baby!

Brenda: I told DH what you said about eating the horns and he is still laughing. He said " I never looked at it that way, but the lady does have a good point" He's heading out soon to clean the one he got last night and so our freezer will be stocked soon! Hope you have a great day and keep up that exercising!

Leenie: It is nice that everyone is getting so excited over Lindy. I think everyone is still really in shock (including us) Guess since we had been together for 16 years no one ever expected this news from us! Hope you have a great day!

Jane: Our Ultrasound appointment is today. So I guess that we will finally get to see if she is still a she! Everything that I have bought so far is really for either one, so if it's not a girl we will still be ok. I still think in my heart it's a girl, but I have felt that way since I found out I was pregnant. DH and all of his family says that it's going to be a boy! My dad told me yesterday that he bet that it would be a boy now also! So who knows.....I just want a healthy baby! Boy or Girl does not matter to me. I just want to know so I can start filling the nursery with pink or blue things! This yellow/light green is getting old Hope you have a great day, and don't do too much work! And don't worry about peeing. I do enough of it for all of us these days!

Well, off to run a few errands and then come back for a nap. Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Old 11-11-2004, 10:35 AM   #7  

TG: you jumped in while I was rambling on and on Sorry that you were depressed last night. But it's a good thing that you didn't eat! Way to go!!! That would be a great accomplishment for me! Seems like when I am depressed I can't help but eat! Hope that you have a great OP day!

Lisa
Old 11-11-2004, 10:54 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Try not to work too hard

Jane: Sorry to hear you're not able to get OP. Is it just because Atkins is so strict or something else? If you're stressed now is not the time to try and get OP (IMO). Would a different plan be better for you?

TG: Sorry to hear you were depressed but congrats with staying OP while being that way!! I surely would have given in. Take a bow for doing great!! Not sure I'll ever be considered muscle bound or even fit. But I figure I'll continue for a while w/the exercise. If nothing else it's making me feel a little better

Lisa: Enjoy DH helping while it lasts I would be shocked if my DH told me to wait until he could help me to clean the house. I'd STILL be waiting Have fun getting the crib! Let us know how the ultrasound turns out. We have to take DH's deer in to get it cut up. Half the time we get the scraps made into something (jerky, hot sticks, etc) and the rest comes home. Plus I can't stand the smell of fresh meat (I have to hold my breath while cooking venison, chicken, beef until it's browned. Weird, I know).

I get to stay caught up on chatting today!!!
Old 11-11-2004, 12:54 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Jane, hang in there. I am not doing well with anything. I am making much better choices although I'm eating WAY to much. Exercise is increasing just a wee... and I mean wee. I'd kick ya but I can't lift my leg that high lolol, to many rolls in the way
My problem is really night time eating

Theo's Simon Birch, I think I saw that years ago, is that the story of the Dwarf boy ? that is such a touching story. It hit home b/c I have a neice like him. Congrats on staying OP !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 02:11 PM   #10  
Movin' and Losin'

Lisa: I love hearing all about the exciting time in your life -- don't apologize! I'm anxiously awaiting the results of the ultrasound...

Brenda: That weight will come off soon. Just keep at! Exercising is so important.

Leenie: Hope you get a break from work soon!

Jane: Sorry to hear you're so busy and having a hard time staying OP. I hope things settle down for you.

TG: Great job of not eating when you were depressed! It's crazy how much emotions play in eating.

Well, I'm into Day 4 OP! I had a dream last night that I went off plan. I woke up being really disappointed in myself. But, after getting on the scale and noticing the coppery taste in my mouth, I realized it was just a dream!

The scale is going down for the first time in a LONG time. I won't officially report a loss until Monday, though. I've still got a weekend to make it through -- those are the worst! Hopefully, this newfound willpower sticks around.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 02:54 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Keep up the good work w/the exercise

Jina: Congrats on the scale going down and I can't wait to hear the results!! Saturday is my official WI day so I'm hoping to be down at LEAST 1 pound. I'd be happy w/that! At least the scale would be going down, right?

Well, Work is over and I'm now home. After I get done here then I'm off to exercise. Then I need to find out why my chiropractor billed me when I've been paying every time I go there. I hate stuff like that!! I need to keep better records on the computer so I can just whip it up and say hey, here ya go. This is what it's TRULY supposed to be. Well off to go work out some frustrations. WATP for me again today!! OH!!!!!! I won't be here tomorrow. It's DH's and my 16th anniversary!!! No, not gonna be OP and not even gonna kid myself into thinking I can be
Old 11-11-2004, 03:02 PM   #12  
The Princess O' Pets

Leenie, you have a neice who is a little person?? Wow I don't think i have ever met a little person in real life, but i am so fascinated by them. Yes Simon Birch is a killer, i cried for hours.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:08 PM   #13  
The Princess O' Pets

Lisa Lisa where are you isn't the ultrasound done yet i can't wait!!!
Old 11-11-2004, 03:26 PM   #14  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: WOW! 16 years! CONGRATS!!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 04:17 PM   #15  

Calgon take me away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've decided I need to win the lottery so that I won't have to work anymore. I can then sit home and eat bon bons all I want....low carb ones of course....and have people to wait on me. I know I was born to live that kind of life.....I just think I was dropped off at the wrong house!

I am getting headaches everyday this week...I think it is from all the carbs....oh and perhaps that my monitor now has to be kept at the SMALLEST EVER pixel size for this stupid database I work in I am checking with IT to see if they have a bigger monitor for old girls.

Jina! That is great. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Leenie....I will hang in there......I am actually better at night because I live with the Diet ****. He watches everything! It's during the day lately.......*sigh*

Brenda: It's not the restrictions so much as ......I don't know....maybe it is.
Just tired of trying I guess. I won't give up though. I have learned that changing my eating is going take a life time and if that is how long it takes then that's that.

well, almost time to head home. Need to buy some wine before I get home!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote