Old 11-01-2004, 08:13 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Monday Chat 11/1

Beginning of November. A great day to start fresh!!! There is still candy in my house but none that I like Disliked the scale reading this morning but reality sucks and I brought it on myself. So now it's time to get it off.

TO OZ!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 08:26 AM   #2  

Good morning.

I am BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! No classes anymore, it is light in the morning when I get up, finished a couple of projects at home! All seems right with the world today.
My weight is another story but I won't bother getting pissy about it. The pig fest is over! I mean it!!!!! I am not going to weigh myself until this Friday....I know it is up....I don't need to see the number. I am staying OP this week as best I can. I read the thread from this weekend and I think it was Leenie that said to Brenda...."there are two months until Christmas and only a couple of "cheat days" in there". Leenie....you are so right. Don't get bogged down with the fact that all the holidays are coming and freak about the food....just do the best you can each day. Whatever happens on those two days isn't going to be the end of the world.

That said......

Brenda: May I say this with all the love and support I can.....You are your own worse enemy! I know this because I do it to myself too. You have done absolutely FABULOUS on this plan. But you keep thinking you aren't doing well. That is so not true. Look at were you started and then take a look at where you are now!!!!!!!!! You are doing fine. You may have a few days in there that aren't perfectly OP but who doesn't!
I wish I had done as well as you have......see someone is jealous of you

I hope that wasn't too hard.

ok, I am off to get some work done......a lot of stuff is waiting for me after last week! I will check in later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 08:45 AM   #3  
The Princess O' Pets

Hey there Ladies!!

Glad halloweenie is over and I did so crappy, but I came to this realization this weekend while I was stuffing my face with candy........

I am not in a race, I am doing this WOE for myself and not anyone else, if i mess up every once in awhile who cares, just move on, if you let the first mess up fester it just turns into days of messing up and beating myself up. I am not going to do that anymore. Just let go of the past couple months that I have been struggling with and move on. Get back to schedule and eating healthy and remember " I am not in a race!!! I am doing this for myself!!"

So I decided to go back to my 20 or less a day and get some excercise 3 times a week and if i wanna do more than that great and if I don't then that will be sufficent. No more punishing myself with induction when I feel like I am doing bad and punishing myself, by beating myself up about mess ups all the time. Just moving on and getting it together!

OK Confession thread over

Good morning ladies!!

B- You have done great at this WOE and I know you can do it!!!!

Jane- Your post is great!! I think we need to congrats ourselves more when we have a post like that, not just when we are doing great but also when we see the light and don't beat ourselves up about crap. Thank you Jane!

Have a great day!!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 08:53 AM   #4  
The Princess O' Pets

Hey ladies if you want a reality booster take a peak at the equator trek for this month, I don't think we have ever had one so low, so lets get back on it and get MOVIN!!!! Gotta keep those bodies moving ladies...C'mon!! I am gonna have to call Richard Simmons!! ahahahahahaha

For the people who did do equator trek this month!!! My hat is off to you and CONGRATS on a job well done!!

Now lets all get moving any type of moving counts as long as you are moving!!! It is a new month!! Yippeeee (oooooo I feel like Susan Powter!!)

(*TG Jumps up and does some cheerleader kicks!!*)

Last edited by Theo'sgirl; 11-01-2004 at 08:55 AM.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 09:10 AM   #5  

dropping and giving you 20....sir!
Old 11-01-2004, 09:55 AM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies!

Brenda: You can do it! You have done great so far.

Jane: Great post, Jane! Thanks!

TG: Another great post -- thanks! So much encouragement and motivation around here today -- that's awesome!

Well, I have been struggling like some of the rest of you. This weekend was another disaster -- lots of candy and other junk at a Halloween party. So, it's time to get back to business!

The Halloween party was a ton of fun! It was great seeing everyone in their costumes. I took tons of pictures, and I'll try to post one of "Jina the Pirate" today.

Thank goodness I did get in lots of exercise this weekend. On Sunday, I played beach volleyball. It was fun and great exercise. The sand was so hot, though -- my feet still hurt!

Well, here's to a great OP day! Let's do it!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:11 AM   #7  

Grrr......hot sand. All I have now is cold pavement!
Old 11-01-2004, 10:11 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies !

Can't stay long but I'll be back later.

Good to see you all

Weekend eating was really bad sigh.

Hugs.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:26 AM   #9  

I just threw out a Tootsie Roll...nananananana!
Old 11-01-2004, 11:07 AM   #10  

LEENIE - Saw your cheery post inviting new folks first thing online, nice touch and very thoughtful. I especially like the part of emphasizing the friends versus which plan we are using.

I am really up for the first day of Induction. I am looking for doing Induction well, and doing it spot on, though not to point of dwelling on the mistakes. The gym was crowded this monday morning, not sure if it was the time change, the Red Sox won the World Series so everyone can get to bed at a decent hour or they all ate too much candy and it was a guilt workout day.

The candy at home and at the office doesn't appeal to me. I loved seeing all the kids dressed up, and a few adults. Our porch was done up pretty well and we put out the creepy music. The weather was perfect, no coats to cover up all the work. DD wants Halloween to be a couple of nights, she loves to dress up and slept in the dress part of her fairy costume.

I made up a bunch of chicken wings and thighs a la Atkins and put them into the crockpot since I didn't know when we were going to be eating last night. They are great, hit the spot. I like pulling out the crockpot, makes things so easy. Tomorrow for the election I am doing the ribs in the cp, who knows when we will get home from voting. I love to come home to a done dinner, though the dog must suffer from smelling it all day long.

Off to read some reports.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:07 PM   #11  
Movin' and Losin'

Jane: Way to throw out that toostie roll! We were were all complaining yesterday about sweating, getting sunburnt and the hot sand. We thought that was funny because everyone up north is complaining about it being too cold and would love to trade places with us.

Liza: I'm worried about how long it will take me to vote, too. Early voting lines have been two or more hour waits here. Hopefully, everyone voted early, and it won't be bad tomorrow for me.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:41 PM   #12  
Somethin's gotta give

Hey all!

I've got an eye appointment ( and then Im off to sign a petition into legislation to stop making all the %$#*&@ print on all med bottles so small!) so Im rushed - I'll say a general hi and a to everyone....

Halloween was pretty cool- Mac was a vampire.... We caught these idiot teenagers ( dont know about you, but my mom made me quit after 12) out pulling up all the political lawn signs and tossing them into the street....Dale caught up with them and made them put them all back- they looked scared to death

I made it through ok- had a LC endulge bar when DD and DH were checking out all the candy she got...these meridia pills are insidious.....it's not that I don't feel hunger sometimes, I just forget to eat!

hope everyone has a great day and I'll try to get back later
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 01:11 PM   #13  

Marie: You are taking Meridia? I took that years ago...did well. Actually the doctor said she didn't think it was working because I wasn't losing enough....about a pound a week. Good for Dale! Show those brats what is right! I have a thing about "kids these days". I saw some kids walking through the park one night on my way home....one just tosses a soda cup on the ground and leaves it there! I had all I could do.........

Sugar Cube: I loves ribs!!!!!!!! Are you doing a Atkins friendly sauce on them?

Leenie:
Old 11-01-2004, 01:18 PM   #14  

Had to post this picture.......made this coat for my Mom's dog. She is just the cutest!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brandy_coat.jpg (43.1 KB, 33 views)
Old 11-01-2004, 02:05 PM   #15  
Baby Steps

Jane: That is just the cutest costume!! Glad your classes are done and your projects caught up. That means you get to play with us every day right? You weren't harsh. You were perfectly dead on. I've always been my own worse enemy. Mostly from growing up in a family that constantly harped on my weight. I need to realise they know nothing and I'm smarter thanks for the pep talk!!

Marie: Congrats on making it through Halloween w/out eating candy!! And good for Dale for making them put them back. We had a few kids that came through with NO costume (and I swear some of them were like 16 or 17!!!). I wasn't feeling up to an argument (or getting egged again) so I just gave them the "crappy" candy You know, the molasses & PB stuff? Mary Jane they were called. My daughter called them gross. So saved them for the older ones. My oldest is 12 and she was out hunting. I bought them both candy cuz the youngest got grounded from T-or-T'ing and the oldest went hunting. Saved me money on a costume

Jina: I can't imagine complaining right now about the weather. THIS is my type of weather It's cool out but not freezing. It's great having the window open and putting 3 quilts on Snuggly weather

SugarCube: Welcome and congrats on the great ideas for meals. I haven't figured out what to throw in WITH the meat in my crock/SC. I would love to use it more often.

Leenie: How's it going?

TG: Oh heck. that means me eh? Can I wait for this headache to go away? Your comment about doing this for myself kicked in. It is SO true and seems SO easy to forget the little things that started us all out on this WOE. We wanted to be healthy. We wanted to feel better about ourselves. And we wanted to do it for US. Thanks for the reminder!!

You know, every time I come here after screwing up you all are REALLY great. I can't tell you all enough how much your support and help means to me. And the things you all say sure help reality step in and makes the doubts disappear. *notices sweetarts sitting my her keyboard and goes on typing like they're not there* . I'm actually looking FORWARD to my LC meals again!! I told DH that I couldn't wait to start today and start over again. That I was sick of eating junk that didn't even taste good--but have no clue why I eat them even!!! I've got to start taking stock of things BEFORE they go in my mouth. I have to also pay attention to the "hunger" thing. The over-eating has to stop. I tend to get "full" but not to the bursting point. But it's STILL too full!! But that'll all take time. Once again I'm going to pretend I know NOTHING and start from there Should make an exciting adventure!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote