Old 10-29-2004, 07:26 PM   #1  
Baby Steps

Unhappy I need MAJOR HELP!!!

I've got to admit I've seriously gotten myself in trouble. Not PG trouble The kind of trouble that happens when you don't pay attention to what you're doing, you let life and stress kill your attempts to watch what you're doing and you just self sabotage your good intentions. You use all the excuses you can think of to go off program.

I can't seem to get myself on the staight and narrow again. I keep saying "well, I'll start over tomorrow". Then I think "well, there's this happening so I'll start tomorrow instead." Tomorrow it's a celebration at my parents for October birthdays. In a couple weeks it's cake for my daughters birthday. Then there's Thanksgiving. After that it's Christmas. I can't seem to get my act together and straighten myself out. I watch the scale go up and you know what? It depresses me but it doesn't seem to help either. I WANT to see the scale go down but can't seem to motivate myself.

Any and ALL help on how to get myself back on track will be welcome!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 07:58 PM   #2  
Somethin's gotta give

Brenda- you read the last thing I wrote...and you are SO a major part of that....I can tell you what helps me...and Im going to send you my phone number...if you EVER feel the need to talk to someone. I dont care if it's 3 in the morning....I'm SO there for you.I have had a lot of trouble getting back on track SO many times....what I think of is something my Grandpa told me ( gone for10 years he is)....My Grandpa was an amazing man...the kindest, most gentle man I've ever known...also an adventurer, explorer and crazy man. One time I interviewed him for a class I had ( the first time I had ever really sat down and talked to him)I asked him why he had done the things he had done in his life ( some were really dangerous) and he said "Honey I did them because I knew that someday I would be lying on my deathbed....and I didnt want to think to myself...Thats it? thats my life? I get one of these and thats all I did with it? I wanted to do (fill in the blank).....when I get really tempted, or discouraged I think to myself ...Do I really want to be there, at the end and say "Thats it?....My life? and I never knew what it was like to be healthy and thin? and youre saying I can't have a do over? wait! I want another!" but another never comes.....do it...you know you can...make that choice girl.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 09:47 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

*HUGE HUG* You've helped more than you know. Did some searching of myself and realised half the stuff I've been eating I don't even LIKE. So what's up with that? It's cuz I let myself go again and I can testify if you're blue/down then staying OP isn't easy!! Not sure what my problem is (probably hormonal again) but I seem to be SO crabby and SO uptight lately. Staying OP was the last thing I wanted to really worry about. But you know, you and the people on this site make it look SO easy sometimes that I just HAVE to get back OP and join you Thanks for the pep talk!!
Old 10-31-2004, 06:48 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Brenda,

First thing, Self Sabotaging, get that out from under your name. Put something positive there. We all need to stop thinking negatively. I'm also to blame, I do the same thing.

Second, you are thinking way to far into the future. Take your diet one day at a time, don't think about tomorrow, just get thru today. Good heavens, your thinking up to christmas in your brain so what your saying to yourself is, eh, whats the sense of trying now. Your setting yourself up !!!!! Stop it ! Think of it like this... you have 2 months until christmas.... 3 goofed days in between that is not going to ruin all your efforts... but thinking like the way you are now, for sure will ruin them.

I am guilty of doing the same thing, so your not alone. Lets stop this crap and get movin, wadda say?

Marie.............. your a doll !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 08:42 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Leenie you're completely right. It's one reason I had the self destruct thing there. Cuz I had no clue how NOT to do that. Which falls into the "depressed/blue" stage. Which spirals down into eating junk which leads to MORE depression...and so on and so on. I needed a kick in the butt and some cool words from great people Thanks!!!!

*goes off to re-do siggie and everything*
Old 10-31-2004, 10:14 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Your on your way there Brenda !!! I love the avitar signature.

To OZ ? (which means we are on our way)

I was going to start AGAIN tomorrow, but I can't take it.

TODAY!!!!!!! God gave me today, so I'm gonna do it today. I plan on doing alot of walking w/DD trick or treating. And when I get home, the candy goes OUT THE DOOR!!! I mean it. No temptations.

We can do it !!
Old 10-31-2004, 11:31 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

TO OZ!!!! You'll be a step ahead of me. I'm starting tomorrow. So far I'm OP. There's always a CHANCE I'll not get through this candy-filled day. Figured I'd be safe to say tomorrow
Old 10-31-2004, 04:05 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

To Oz ~~