Old 10-16-2004, 07:52 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekend Chat - October 16 & 17

Good Morning.

Ahhhhhh finally I had a good nights sleep. I woke up 2 times from hearing myself snore but I fell right back to sleep. I normally don't snore unless my alergies are acting up and well lets just say they are in full bloom. Monday I go to the alergist for testing, those pricky skin tests They are the worst this year than ever.

So here I sit, in a quiet house w/my HUGE mug of coffee hhheheheheheheh

Got lots of cleaning to do, my house is such a mess. Any volunteers?

Watcha all doing this weekend?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 09:50 AM   #2  

Morning Leenie: Glad that you got some sleep last night! Sorry about the allergies though. Hopefully they will be able to help you at the dr's. I have a lot of cleaning to do also this weekend! My grandma is coming down for a few days at the end of the month, and have to get the spare room cleaned out! Hope you have a great weekend!

Well, nothing new here. SOSDD! I found out yesterday that I passed the Gest. Diabeties test. I was sooooo happy! Most everyone I talked to said they had to take the 3 hour test because they failed the 1 hour! I was glad to learn I wouldn't have to go through that! Oh well, off to get some breakfast and start on the cleaning! Hope everyone has a great Saturday!!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 10:12 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Lisa,

Jeepers, I'm glad you passed too. I was happy when I did because i remember my poor sister who didn't pass.

I'm chugging along slow today, got the living room done and now I'm heading into the kitchen, lordy is it a mess. Its amazing how much crap a 3 year old can throw around. With in seconds POOF! Get ready Lisa LOL !!! One thing I wish I did was have kids younger. I wish I had like 4 kids. They are work but so much fun and alot of love. I'm so thankful I have at least one pnut to smother with love, even if she does say pull my finger MOM and cuts the cheese (wonder where she got that from?).

Okay off to the kitchen
Old 10-16-2004, 10:34 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Leenie: I'll clean your house if you clean mine. I'll probably procrastinate and hold off until tomorrow to do it. Today I'm going to my parents for a little while. Then coming home, and then going w/DH to feed the deer. Then go to the Scheels and get him a sweetest day present. Then go to Wal-Mart to get the DD's storage bins for THEIR sweetest day present. What am I getting? No clue.

Lisa: So glad you didn't have the "pleasant" experience of having the 3 hour test. lol. Glad things went so well

Well, decided if my average doesn't improve I'm going to quit bowling. I've never had such a BAD night as I did last night. And it didn't help that the people we bowled with either got strikes or spares. AND they seemed nice..but the worse I bowled the less friendly they became. Why do I let that crap bother me? GRRRR.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 10:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Hi ladies, just popping in to say Hi - I get awfully busy during the week and then by the time I get home and get my son settled in bed....I'm right there with him...knocked out LOL.

Anyway, I cheated a bit last weekend, had a slice of pizza, a couple beers and then a few bites of my sons yummy beans and rice. WOW - I really over did it, fortunately ALL this week I have stayed OP. I couldn't possibly let one slip up stop me....and I have a sneaking suspicion that most of you can relate in one way or another.

Anyway Hope Y'all have a great day. I'm off to yet another mini-soccer game (mini=3&4 year olds lol).
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 12:15 PM   #6  
on my way down again

Hi everyone!

Leenie: I'm glad you had a good night's sleep. Sure, I'll come and help you clean...after I finish mine. I hope they find out what your allergies are caused from. ~ Sonny

Lisa:It's great news you passed your test. I take 6 hour glucose tolerance tests for low blood sugar problems--I hated the sweet drink so early in the morning.

Brenda: I was so bad at bowling, I don't think I even had an average.

Mammasita: I sure can relate.

Well, I joined FitDay.com last night. Although I cringe at my place in the severe overweight section, it's nice to have a place to see my results and know I'm headed in the right direction. I should be able to keep up with the 1.83 lbs. loss per week, for one year, with no problem and will lessen the time it takes and add more loss per week. This is just to get me going again.

The weight I've gained back is so obvious that this week, two of my neighbors have asked to buy my treadmill. And not that I don't need the money, I'm happy to say I turned them down and moved it to a better location and am using it. Have a great day!

Last edited by Sonnet; 10-16-2004 at 02:08 PM.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 01:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnet
Well, I joined FitDay.com last night.
I love Fitday.com....Ive been a member since 2002!!!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 02:46 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Well bust my buttons, its Mammasita, glad to see you lady. Slip up? whats that?? cheat?? no understando' LOL Have fun at the soccer game

Brenda now why would you quit bowling??? Don't you have fun? Shoot woman, it should not be about how good you play, it should be about folks coming together and having fun. The way I was able to increase my score was this. Hold the ball right in front of your face, like your aiming. When you are ready to release the ball say with your right hand. Make sure you keep your left shoulder back, another words keep them in line, strait (your shoulders that is). When you let go of the ball bring your hand all the way up in the air up past your head. This will also help keep your shoulders strait. Its a little bit of thinking but you can do it. Can you visualize this or do I sound really ******ed AGAIN LOL !!!! I promise, this does help. Try to practice during the week if you can. One game.

Sonny, good for you for joining fitday. Don't listen to your neighbors, what the heck do they know anyway. I'm glad your showing them who's boss !!!

Kitchen is done, now I'm off to fold the laundry and put it away. I didn't even touch the rooms upstairs maybe tomorrow, i need to go have some fun, and shower PEEWW!
Old 10-17-2004, 09:35 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

Sonnet: Just ignore what other people think/say. YOU can do it!! Good job keeping the treadmill (I sold mine ).

Mammasita:

Leenie: Did you get your house clean? I've got to run to the store and then WE are all going to start on this one. Told the girls THEY have to do the LR seeing how it's THEIR stuff. And the dishes w/DH and then their bedrooms. That'll cut down on what I need to do BIG TIME. But I told DH I'm going to the store BEFORE I start cleaning so I don't quit mid-clean and I never get back to cleaning when we get back. You aren't a ****** and you don't sound like one. QUIT THAT!!! Unfortunately I've done what you've said (and have even smacked my head) and it STILL curves one way or the other. DH said I need a heavier ball. So we're test driving balls next week (lol. that sounds paverted ) . Then as a late Sweetest day gift he's going to have one made for me.

So I went to my mom's house all intent to behave myself. Until she made brownies. ARGHH!!! THEN later that night it was a sub sandwich (OMG I ate a WHOLE 12inch!!!) argh!!! then later came oreos. And as I'm munching on an oreo I'm complaining about my moms scale. Why? Cuz it said I weighed 135 pounds and I like it better than mine. How do I know mine is right? Cuz I have a digital AND a dial one and they BOTH say the same thing. So DH tells me I look great the way I am, just need to tone. Huh, now that's an idea. lol. So we're talking about starting to exercise again. And as I'm making my eggs & sausage for breakfast I'm thinking "boy, chicken and stuffing SURE sounds good today." Then I stop myself and wonder WHAT IS GOING ON??? So I'm thinking maybe I should do my best to stay OP during the week and allow myself stuff on the weekend. It happens anyway so why bother upsetting myself by my no self control? So I'm thinking...ok. I'll ALLOW myself to do that (within reason of course. No binging on things. From now on, no BAGS of cookies in front of me. 2-3 in my hand and then I walk away to eat them!!) UNTIL January. THEN see if I can re-focus (after all the dang holidays and such) enough to lose more weight. The way things are going now? All I'm doing is stressing myself out so I'm not really gaining/losing anything anyway. I gain the 2, lose the 2. It's like I'm "stuck" at this weight and it's a mind thing. For some reason my mindset isn't right. Ok, enough of my blabbering. Sorry for the long post!!!
Old 10-17-2004, 10:06 AM   #10  
kelly

Morning ladies!!!

Im new here..Can I jump in? hehehhee..I wont do all the 'intoducing myself' here cause I did it in the Atkins Bio thangie..check it out.

Its starting to warm up again I think. I have to watch football today with the hubby...Then maybe outside for some soccer with my daughter. Whats everyone going to do today?

I also start my Atkins today. whew. Im really really determined to do it this time and to stick with it!!!

Its nice meeting all of you and look forward to getting to know ya!!

Have a good day ladies...
mrskelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 10:40 AM   #11  
on my way down again

Good morning.

Welcome MrsKelly! I'll go read your bio. It sounds like a ball game day for you. I'm not doing anything special as of yet, but know I have to vacume the aquarium.

Leenie, I hope you get to have some fun today. You know what they say, "All work and no play...makes Leenie's house way cleaner than mine."

Brenda, How fun that would be to have heavier balls custume made. Sorry, that does sound hilarious! It's been so long since I've bowled, but I do know heavy balls meant me just dropping them down on the floor before they even reached the gutter, or better yet, behind me. So my balls were best with big finger holes too...I could pull off a Fred Flintstone tippy toe, swing the ball back, throw, not let go, and go with down the lane and make a strike. (sad part is, this is all true, except for the strike )

I woke up to a storm...and a rat in the attic trying to get out of the storm. They drive me nuts. Dh caught a big one last week, so hopefully, we broke up the pair. There's nothing worse than a family of rats in the attic. We don't have kitties, but are really welcoming the neighbor cats to live here this winter. So I bothered this rat when I turned on the tv at 6 a.m. I heard him pack up and leave.

I took my measurments yesterday. I have to see which places count becuase I have some "special" areas only I could have. There's the hips, waiste, and the extra lower tummy that's the bigger of the three, but only in the front. But it's not a legal measurement; it's got it's own solar system, but still a good one to know when I sew something for myself. It's the first time in about 3 years I've wrapped a tape around myself. And I'm sure not going hunting for what I measured in at my smallest three years ago first time around on Atkins'. I'll just look at the positive of lost inches now.

I lost one more pound today. I skipped the salad all together last night and just had pork steak. I've been making the salads too big w/o measuring them. So tonight, I'll go back to one cup.

Talk to you later.

Last edited by Sonnet; 10-17-2004 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:42 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning !!

Brenda, when your bowling keep your hips strait too... you hit your head????? lol I wish I had pictures of that LOLOL !!!! sorry, I hope you weren't hurt Sorry you goofed yesterday. I did okay but ate WAY to many calories which IS a cheat. Yes I got my house cleaned (all but upstairs vaccuming).

Kelly good luck !!! glad you joined us.

Well I'm off to get dressed and get out for some fresh air.

Hope everyone is okay today and being OP.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:50 AM   #13  
on my way down again

And you guys are really right. I have to ignore what friends, family and neighbors say about my being fat. I let it overcome me, and this time around, I'll do things different. I'll have lots of practice with the holidays coming up so soon. And I know I'm working on it, so that's all that mattters.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:27 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

I cleaned house today. Beginning to wonder if I'm allergic to the stuff I've been spraying on the carpets..or if it's all the dust/pet hair that I flip up while vaccuuming that makes me all sniffly and snotty. Head is feeling stuffed up
The in-laws came over. I think MIL figured out that I was ticked at them. She came over by me and said "We would have shown up, but how could we with Tim (DH) working?" I said, "Well, that was YOUR choice. WE managed to make time." She walked away and they left like 15 seconds later. DH looked at me after they left and I said "what, you think she figured out I was ticked." He started laughing. So he's on my side on this one. I do love that man so much when he does that