Old 09-08-2004, 07:57 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday Chat 9-8

Morning everyone. Well, it's a brand new day and a brand new start. Told DH about starting over and he's starting with me. So we'll see how far we can go I have a perm at 11:00 and then GS at 3:00 so not sure if I'll be able to post after work. You all have a great day
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:23 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Brenda and All You BEAUTIFUL LADIES !!!! (and lurker gents )

Boy is it raining here, we are getting the rain from the last hurricane to hit Florida... joy joy happy happy

I will not be around to much because work has beconed (sp?) lol
I have a big project that needs to be done by the end of the year and if I don't finish it I will be in trouble when it comes to my review... sooo

I will pop in every day for sure but please don't be offended if I don't do personals...

Please feel free to email me (PM me and I will give you my addy) if you need to talk or want to tell me anything, and I mean anything. Its easier for me to get emails than to keep popping in here because our email system is constantly on and don't feel like you are bothering me because your not. Its just that I can't justify over time here if I am on the net alot, ya know. lol

I'll be popping in all day though so behave
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:40 AM   #3  

Good Morning Everyone!

Brenda: Good luck with your new start! Hope you had a great birthday yesterday. Sorry I didn't get in to with you a happy birthday then! Hope you have a great day!

Leenie: Good Luck with the project! I'm sure you'll get it finished in time! We got all of that rain yesterday, and supposed to be more today. I am so tired of the yucky weather! Hope you have a great day!

Well, sorry that I have been MIA for a few days. We've just had a lot going on here and I haven't been able to be on the net like I would like to. Hopefully things are slowing down a bit now! Tomorrow is the big day! Just hope this little one cooperates where I can see what he/she is! I'll let ya'll know as soon as I find out! Well, off to get some breakfast and then head to work. Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:07 AM   #4  

Good morning.

Brenda: Hope you had a wonderful birthday yesterday. Best of luck on the re-start. Let us know how the perm comes out!

Leenie: We'll be good we promise

Lisa: Hope things settle down soon. Good luck tomorrow.

Well, only got in 2.5 miles on the bike this morning before it started raining. Oh well, better than nothing. I seem to be at a crossroad here and I am not sure what to do. I want to remain on the low carb plan but I want to start adding in some fruit like apples and oranges and grapes etc and maybe some juice once in a while. If I do this it will most definitely raise my carb level for the day but how can it be bad when they are so good for you? I may try it for a week or so and see what happens....not sure. I just want to eat healthy and not worry so much about the numbers. I can continue with the no pasta/potato thing, not a problem. Advice anyone?

I am pms'ing this week too...wicked cravings...this doesn't usually happen to me. Just going to hang on tight and ride it out as best I can.

Have a great day all.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good Morning.

Brenda, have fun having a perm and I think you will be successful in sticking to your woe. I think fall, just like New Year, is good time to start fresh and new.

Leenie, I wish you lots of success in new project. It is so much fun to start a new project.

Lisa, enjoy tomorrow. I am so happy and excited for you.

Jane, I have been eating fruits throughout the summer, barriers, grapes, peaches, and melons. I just limited them. And I also knew that the next day I will see a bit of increase on the scale, maybe 0.2 or 0.4, which would go away the following day. But I agree the benefits of eating fresh fruits surpasses the one day again in my eyes. I would say go for it, eat fruits several times a week, they are good for you. But stay away from store bought juices. Those are bad, I think. Make your own juice, if you want. Also keep in mind that the day after you had fruits you might see an increase on the scale that it shouldn’t bother you since the following day it will gone.

I went running this morning, in the rain. Even though, I thought it was a bit warm, but it was so much fun. My time has improved tremendously. I can run a 5K under 30 minutes. Okay, so it is only 4 seconds short of 30 minutes, LOL, but still it is UNDER 30 minutes, LOL.

I was watching the health channel the other night and they stress so much on strength training. One trainer was saying that 75% of your exercises should be strength training and 25% should be cardio. Mine has always been 100% cardio. I don’t like to use weights that much. But I think if I want to get that sliming feeling, LOL, I have to start using weights more often. So I was in a hunt of DVDs for strength training last night and came across the Firm series. Have you guys exercised with any of these programs? If so what do you think of them?

Have a great day.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:20 AM   #6  

Good morning ladies!

Brenda: It's always nice to have someone to Adkins with, I'm glad your hubby is so supportive.

Leenie: Stay safe in all that rain! Don't ya just love hurricane season? NOT!

Lisa: Good morning, nice to meet you!

Jane: How many miles a day are you shooting for on the bike?

I just wanted to pop in and say a quick "hi"! I'm getting ready to go back to school Oct.1st so I'm crazy busy. Have a great day ya'll!

Jules
Loozingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:35 AM   #7  

Rachael: you are right about the bottled juices. I will leave them out. But I would love to add a v-8 once in a while...I need the veggies. I am also going to get some apples and some clementines and start with those....I will see how it goes.

Jules: I am shooting for as many as I can do! So far I haven't been able to do more than 4 at one time. What are you going to school for?
Old 09-08-2004, 10:38 AM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

HI ladies just stopping by to say Hidee Hooo before I run off to work! Hope you all have a great day!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:24 AM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: Hope your birthday was fabulous! Good luck with the re-start.

Leenie: Hope your work project goes well. We always behave, don't we???

Lisa: I'm so anxious to hear about the baby!

Jane: I don't think adding fruits is a bad idea at all! Like you said, how can something so good for you be bad?! And, as long as you bought 100 percent juice from the store, I don't see what the problem would be there...

Rachel: I'm exactly like you -- I do 100 percent cardio. I'm not a big fan of strength training at all. I know I need to do it, though. I've just got to find something I like, I guess.

Jules: Hope your busy day goes well!

TG: Have a fabulous day!

Well, this Labor Day weekend was a bust, thanks to the hurricane. Luckily, some friends and I got to the beach on Saturday and went out Saturday night. All Sunday was spent inside with no power. The electricity came back on Sunday night, but then it went off again on Monday morning until Monday night. Yuck! I was so bored and wanted to get out of this apartment so bad! Monday the weather finally started to clear up, so DH and I and some friends went to Applebee's (They had power!). Needless to say, I wasn't OP. I was so hungry! I had been living on peanuts, peanut butter and tomatoes.

Now, we might have another hurricane headed our way. I'm getting a little tired of this. I am supposed to go to visit my dad this weekend in Kansas, but if the weather doesn't cooperate, I'll guess I'll be here preparing for hurricane #3.

A friend of mine teaches a water aerobics class, so I am going to try it out. Maybe I'll like it. I think I need to add some different forms of exercise. I just don't know if I'll want to shell out the money to join the gym or not...

Well, hope everyone has a great day!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:36 AM   #10  

Jina: Glad you survived hurricane #2 and good luck with #3. Boy that must be so difficult to go through. I can imagine that staying OP during that would be kind of tough. Have fun with water aerobics....I have heard that they are fun.

Theo'sgirl: Hidee Hooo back
Old 09-08-2004, 11:52 AM   #11  

Back again!

Jina: Thank-you, I'm getting way more accomplished than I thought I would in a short amount of time Nice to meet you!

Theo's: I'm sure you're already gone but have a great day!

Rachel: Good morning...sorry I missed you earlier...I usually start a post then get distracted and come back and finish and by then several people have posted above me.

Jane: 4 miles is a lot more than my lazy butt does! Heck 1 is too! I'm going to school for dental assisting. I used to do volunteer work at the hospital here on base so the American Red Cross is paying for my school. They paid for everything but my books so I'm estatic!

Laters ya'll....hugs!
Jules
Old 09-08-2004, 12:00 PM   #12  

Jules: That is exciting! Congratulations. Is you DH active?
Old 09-08-2004, 02:48 PM   #13  

Yes, my DH is active duty army stationed in Bahgdad currently. He is the power man for the hospital right outside of the Abu Ghraib prison that everyone heard so much about. This is his second time there in the last 3 years.

Jules
Old 09-08-2004, 02:55 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Good luck with the project. You'll have it done before it's due

Lisa: I can't wait to find out what you're having!!! Bet you're on pins and needles too eh?

Jane: I wouldn't think fruits would be bad. All you can do is try it and see what happens. Good luck w/it!

Rachel: can't help you out with the strength training tapes. I only have tae-bo and WATP. Both of which has collected dust lately

Jules: When do you graduate from dental school? Sounds interesting!

TG: Hidee Hooo Good Neighbor

Jina: Don't worry about staying OP right now. Just worry about staying ALIVE please!! Glad you're doing ok! I've gone to water aerobics. OMG it was SOOO hard!!! I ended up getting a sinus infection and smelling chlorine aggravated it so I never went back This was about 4 years ago. lol Have fun!!

Well, the perm is done and luckily it doesn't curl up TOO badly in the back so it looks like it's somewhat long yet. Now I've just got to "train" the front to go the way I want it Doing well so far with staying OP. Haven't been home long enough NOT to be good I DID look at the chips on the fridge and thought to myself "those don't even LOOK good." So maybe I'm on my way to being carb-free again. YEAH!!! Not going to count on it until I've been free for a couple days though. I'd LOVE to see that scale start moving downward again!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 03:59 PM   #15  

Jules: I will keep him in my thoughts. You keep up the faith too.