Old 09-10-2004, 07:20 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Friday, Sept 10th Chat

Good Morning,

I'm playing hookie from work today, we are taking DD to the zoo.

Have a wonderful Friday and Weekend.

Toodles
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:46 AM   #2  

Good morning!

Leenie: The zoo sounds fun! That was always my favorite place as a kid. Good exercise too!

I failed to set up an excercise plan yesterday but I'm going to get plenty this weekend. My DD and I are going to the LSU football game with my friend in Baton Rouge who thinks we need to get there to walk around at 2 o'clock for a 7 pm game!

I hope everyone has a safe weekend!
Hugs,
Jules
Loozingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 08:06 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Have fun at the zoo. We haven't been to one in 2 years (went on my oldests 10th birthday).

Jules: Have fun at the game. Do you like sports?

Well, according to the scale another pound gone. I've got to admit I'm REALLY looking forward to WI day tomorrow!! I can honestly say I've been 100% OP. Of course, it's only been 3 days now As long as the scale says my siggie weight I'll be happy---THIS week. Tomorrow I guess we're going to some gun show thingy with DH's co-worker and his family. We're going to shoot guns. Should be interesting Gonna get LOTS of exercise there. Just hope they have something OP to eat!!! Going tonight to get bowling shoes. I mentioned to DH that the ones at the alley were just NOT comfortable so now he is insisting I get new ones (and I think he's getting some too). So that's about the only excitement for me this weekend...AFTER I struggle through my 4 hour work day. Why's that such a chore lately???
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 08:58 AM   #4  
The Princess O' Pets

Good moooorning ladies!

Well we went to buy a car yesterday and traded in our Dodge Caravan and came home with a little 2001 VW beetle. It is quite a change from the big van but I love it and it is a fun car to drive. Of course I forgot all my snacks and we were at the car dealership all day long so my eating was horrible yesterday and I am feelin' it! I feel like poop this morning! DH seems fond of the little car too, and the boys fit in it great with their car seats. They look small but are actually really roomy! and the hatchback is nice. I will miss my caravan it was a great car, but it needed alot of work since it was topping 115,000 miles, and the new car fills up the tank with about 13.00!!!! It is black and has privacy glas so it looks very sleek! I will post a pic later.

B-CONGRATS on the loss and being OP for 3 days!!! Yipppeeeee

Hi Leenie!!!!

Jules have fun at the game!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 09:05 AM   #5  

Forgive me while I moan and cry...............

What a hideous week. I haven't eaten a single thing OP and I have been sneaking cigs again. What the heck is my problem. Geez. I am sabotaging everything I have accomplished. I know I am pms'ing but that is no exuse really. I am going to set up a plan for next week and follow it if it kills me.
I have been having trouble with this WOE lately I know. I have been thinking of going off it. Maybe that is what is making me feel like I have license to blow it. I just don't want to do it anymore

But if one isn't happy with the way one looks then one must do something about it shouldn't she? So, I am going to surf around today to get some motivation and see if I can get back on plan....this plan or another plan I don't care at this point. The only thing is is that this plan has worked the best for me....fits my life pretty well. I like structure though and lately moving into the higher carbs may have been too much slack for me. I need to get things back in control.

The weather is supposed to be gorgeous this weekend so I am going to take the bike for some serious riding if I can take it! And get to the store and stock up on good foods for next week. I am going to go back to planning my meals each day and keep my fingers crossed. If I can't seem to do it next week then I will have to make a decision.

Anywho........

Leenie: Have fun at the zoo. I love playing hookie!

Jules: 2:00 for a 7:00 game! Are they that packed? Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Brenda: Congrats on the weight going bye bye! I used to like bowling....a couple of friends and I used to go one night a week for a while. It was something to do and we laughed our butts off at each other.

We haven't heard from Star this week......Star: I know you are busy with organizing the house etc but wanted to see how you were feeling after your fall. Hope your face is feeling better....teeth all fixed?
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 09:08 AM   #6  

Theo'sgirl: You were posting at the same time as me......The car sounds so nice....please post a pic.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good Morning.

Leenie, have fun at the zoo.

Jules, have fun at the game. I watched Pats game last night and it was such a great game. But of course watching on TV is no where near being in the stadium. Have a great time.

Brenda, way to go on staying OP and have fun this weekend.

TG, congratulations on a new car. I like beetles, they are good and reliable cars.

Jane, good luck on deciding what you want to do. The key to success is following what you can stay on with not too much effort. Have fun riding this weekend. The weather is supposed to be great around here.

Lisa, congratulations. I am so happy and very excited for you. Also I love the names you have picked, especially Grace.

I found this old diet book last night. It is written by some MD. The sales slip was still inside the book, January 1995, LOL. Anyhow, she had broken down the hunger into 10 stages, 10 being, I am bored out of my mind and want to eat something and 1 being, I am hungry at the point of dizziness. Then there were stages 3 and 4 that were I am hungry and getting cranky, and I am hungry and need to eat now, respectively. She wrote that those are the stages that we should eat and not before that. In her method eating ice cream and chocolate was okay if our hunger was at the stages 3 and 4. But the key was also not to overeat. For me the problem in the past few years have been, not being hungry, wanting to eat, and not having any control to stop myself. But now, I actually eat when I think it is time to eat. Yes, on occasion I have eaten late and I have felt that I was hungry, but not to the extent of feeling I will pass out if I don’t eat. I kind of disagree with her on waiting to feel hungry and then eating. The occasions that I have felt very hungry, I ended up eating more. Anyhow, that was fun to skim through this book.

It is suppose to be real nice this weekend so I have planned to go hiking with a friend of mine on Saturday. Her hobby is photography and she is bringing her camera to teach me a bit. It should be lots of fun.

Have a good Friday and a great weekend everyone.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Just saying Hi!!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:53 PM   #9  

Rachael: It is gorgeous outside today....if this weekend is like this I will be out all day each day! And you are right....I just need to stick to one that works and fits me. And this WOE seems to do that so I am sticking with it.

Lori: How are you feeling? Better I hope.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:36 PM   #10  
Baby Steps

TG: Congrats on the new beetle. I would love to get one of those!! Have fun with it

Jane: I think I was in the same boat you are in. I just did NOT want to watch what I was eating anymore. I wanted "real" food. Something that would take only ONE meal to make that the whole family could eat instead of breaking down my meal and theirs. Something DIFFERENT. Sweet. I've come to the conclusion I think that when I started adding carbs it's when I let things go. It's like I can't add things myself because it's not structured enough and I need a "menu" of things I can add, etc. So it's back to the book for me when it's time to add more stuff!! Hope you figure out what you want to do

Rachel: Have fun on your hike. I love taking pictures. I usually take my digital everywhere with me. I can't have complicated cameras--point and shoot are my main points to buying a camera

Lori:

Well, just waiting for DH to get home so we can get to the store. I'm super tired and really am not in the mood for shopping. I'm waiting for my burst of energy that comes with this WOE. Between detoxing from carbs and TOM I'm a regular zombie!!! My vitamins aren't helping ONE bit Any suggestions?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 01:55 PM   #11  

Oh Brenda I wish I could help.....I feel the same way half the time....actually almost all the time lately. And I take my vitamins everyday too. My problem is sleep....can't seem to stay asleep.