Old 09-10-2004, 10:05 AM   #1  

Default HELP! First week of Induction & gained 2 pounds! EEKS!

I don't know what the heck is going on?? I started the Atkins induction 5 days ago and I have gained two pounds!

I have passed up pizza night and ate a salad, we went out to eat at Golden Corral and I stuck with the salad bar and meat. But still I am not loosing any weight. I am so upset.

Am I doing this thing right? I have been eating meat, fish, butter, cheese, eggs, no carb salad dressing, salad greens (less then 8 grams of carbs a day), diet Koolaid (no carb) eggs. I know I have been staying under 20 grams total of carbs.

I know I am doing it right. I even bought those ketone strips to test my urine, and it says I am in ketosis.

If anyone else has gone threw this please let me know. Or if anyone has any advice please help me.

I am getting soooooo frustrated. Maybe I am just supposed to stay fat.

Thanks for any help.
feffyy
260/262/138
feffyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi there and welcome.

Sorry that you feel frustrated. I think the first thing to look at is your calorie intake. Have you logged in your calories? I have found that limiting carbs is important to get rid of the cravings, but for losing weight we have to eat enough calories. I have discovered that eating less or a lot would prevent me from losing weight. When I first started I discovered fitday and by putting what I eat in there I have been able to control my calorie intake between 1200 and 1400 and that is the range that I can easily stay on and lose weight.

Another thing to look at is that have you been drinking enough water? It seems that if we don’t drink enough water our body holds on to any fluid and then we see an increase on the scale.

Another thing could be sodium, have you been eating salty foods?

But I think the most important thing is your outlook on this way of eating. If you enjoy following the guidelines and believe in it that is good for your health, you will be successful. Since then when you pass up on something you know you did it because it was bad for your health not because you are depraving yourself of a delicious meal.

Again welcome and good luck.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 01:42 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

feffy...I hate to ask this but are you POSITIVE you're under 20 grams? Are you exercising also? Is it possible that even though the scale is up you're actually losing inches? Are you in the middle or start of TOM? Would you post a normal meal so we could take a look at it? It's easier for us to spot things that way.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 12:54 PM   #4  
PamPSM644

Are you possibly carb-creeping? I lost 20lbs the first 2 wks.Probubly lots of water. The next week zip. I got so upset. I went back to the book and read about creeping carbs.They sneek up on you. A little bit of this here;a bite of that there;and when it came time to weight myself again I thought I might even of gained a lb.I got out my measuring cups and spoons,quit using aspertaim and now measure everything that goes into my mouth.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 01:29 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I second the notion... CALORIES !!
Try loging everything into Fitday.com and see what you come up with. You'll figure it out real quick. I gained 3 lbs my 3rd week into the diet. When everyone else was saying calories don't matter, well, it actually did.

Bottom line to ANY diet in my opinion is CALORIES !!! People who are losing weigh no doubt are eating low calories or exercising like mad. Its that simple.

Pam is right, carbs are sneaky and in everything. But don't give up, it does become easier in time.

So, don't get discouraged, get MAD !!! figure out what is going on and tackle it head on!! you can do it, we're rootin for you !!!

HUGS
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 02:28 PM   #6  
Somethin's gotta give

Also, are you eating any of those low carb candies that atkins offers?...I know they SAY 1 or 2 grams but they will stop me right in my tracks....Brenda, pretty new picture girl!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote