Old 08-27-2004, 08:22 AM   #1  

Default TGIF! Friday Chat

Good morning.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 08:36 AM   #2  

I am so tired of waking up each night at 3am and not getting back to sleep! What the heck is wrong with me?

And another thing!!!! I have an appt with a new allergist next week and they want me off my allergy meds for 8 days I am already breaking out in hives and like clockwork it has only been 3 days off the med!

Now a question.....I know that we have all heard the good and the bad of the plan but I am wondering......just wondering.....if this WOE is starting to effect my system. Not with the allergies or sleeping...those have always been problems. But I am having "tummy trouble" that just won't clear up and wonder if it is what I am eating. My mother has been getting on my case and I keep defending this WOE....like the other day she said to me "You know, you aren't eating potatoes" I said "explain to me how that is a bad thing"..."what is it in potatoes that I could possibly be missing?"
I don't do a lot of high fat like some people think we do. I don't do low fat either. I have searched the Atkins web site for information and there is nothing on this. I have checked other sites as well.
I am going to make an appt for next week hopefully......but what if the doc tells me it is the diet

Ok, that has been my vent for the day.

I am so looking forward to this weekend....we have a party to go to tonight and then that is it! I get to just do what I want......I'm sure DH with have some input too
Old 08-27-2004, 08:56 AM   #3  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies,

Well I am back on the bandwagon after my little TOM disaster yesterday with the bites of cake and the donut! I am drinking lotsa water trying to flush out the sugar and then I am going to the gym today to burn off the rest. Urgh the donut and the cake wasn't that great and all I wanted to do after was barf anyway!! hahahahaha I actually got my wardrobe cleaned out yesterday though and went thru all my clothes and got a huge bag ready for the yard sale. OOOOOHHH yes I hope some big ladies come and buy these big girl clothes!! hahahaha!!! It felt so good to pack them up! Good bye size 24/26 hello size 18!!!

Jane- it is OK vent all you want! Sometimes you just gotta.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 09:33 AM   #4  

Good Morning Everyone!

Jane: Hope that you feel better soon! Hope your allergies and tummy trouble get better. My DH had tummy trouble the first week he was on Atkins, but none after that. Hopefully it's not Atkins that's causing it! Hope that you have a great weekend! Sounds like a relaxing one!

TG: Way to go jumping back on the wagon today! A yard sale sounds like fun! Me and best friend are planning to have one in about a month. Waiting until it gets a little cooler here. I can't handle sitting in the hot all day right now! Since I have been off Saturdays, I have been going to some yard sales around here. My SIL and her hubby go every Saturday morning. They have already got me some cute things for the baby!! Have a great weekend and have fun at the gym!

Well, all I can say is THANK GOD IT"S FRIDAY!!!!!!! I am so ready for 2 days off of work! I got very little accomplished yesterday on my day off, and doubt I will do much this weekend DH said last night if he doesn't have to work long tomorrow we should head to the beach. Sounds good to me! Went out with best friend last night and had a blast! But we always have fun when we go out. Every Thursday her ex gets the kids, and we always go do "girl stuff" We have been best friends for over 16 years. She is the one that will be in the delivery room with us. DH says he feels better knowing that someone will be with us that knows what happening Well, enough rambling for me. Going to grab some breakfast and take it easy for a few before time to head to work! Have a great day everyone!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 10:11 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

hello from the pnut gallery
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 10:14 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Jane: Sorry to hear about your allergies and having to be off the medicine. Any way to call them and say hey, this isn't going to work for so long? As for this WOE....is it possible you're allergic to something you're eating? Are you eating something every day? Maybe you're getting too much ruffage and your belly can't break it down? Just a thought that flipped in my head. Hope it gets better soon!!

TG: Congrats on getting rid of the clothes (at least, hope you do ). I gave up on rummage sales because I never have enough to sell that makes it pay to have one. I don't like storing the stuff anymore. So whenever youngest DD outgrows clothes I give them to my JR GS co-leader for her daughter. SHE loves them and I don't have to hassle with pricing and selling them Have fun!!

Lisa: Hope it's nice enough you can go to the beach!! Your DH sounds funny. My DH didn't want to be in the delivery room at all...and then ended up being the BIGGEST help (my mom was in there both times) of all!! Try and rest up this weekend.

Well, I was a slug again today. Don't have to work today (took off to do errands and stuff) and thank goodness for that. I slept in longer than I wanted--but that was due to not sleeping through the night (thanks to the thunder/lightning storm). UGH!! So of course now it's going to be hotter than again. But if I can hold on it's supposed to cool down (into the 60's) this weekend. Going to the fair tonight so that should be interesting. I don't like a lot of the rides (it's a height issue) so I'm hoping we stick around the animal barns most of the time
Hope you all have a GREAT DAY
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 10:15 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Leenie How's it going???? You snuck in there on me. Try and have a good day!
Old 08-27-2004, 10:25 AM   #8  

Theo'sgirl: good for you cleaning out that closet! I did the same thing this year with my "bigger" clothes....I used to save them just in case....this time I just gave them all away!

Lisa: You are so lucky to be able to spend time with your best-friend...mine lives kind of far and she isn't able to get away as much as we would like. She has a little guy 3 years old and a husband that isn't much help.

Leenie:

Brenda: I can't take anything because if I do they can't do the allergy tests. I will just have to stick it out. I am going to ask him to do some allergy testing for foods as well and see if that is causing the problem. I actually think it is my old IBS coming back to get me

Ok, I just did what I always do when I am tired...........I just snuck in half a plain bagel with cream cheese I was doing so well this week. Oh well, I'll be better the rest of the day and watch what I do this weekend. I don't want to spend all next week trying to lose what I gain....like everyweek.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:07 PM   #9  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning all!

Ive been MIA a while now.. posting on the induction boot camp, but not much else! I have been so swamped with school and work that i am just now coming out of the tunnel!

The good news is that since going back to strick, no nonsense induction on Monday, I am down 2.5 pounds! WOO HOO!

I am, however, still dealing with my horrible lungs! I was diagnosed on Monday with Acute Asthma and sever non contagious broncitis. Although I am feeling much better now, still no exercise until I feel a little stronger. At least the cough is mostly gone now!!

Jane - could the waking up in the night be because you have stopped the allergy meds? Just a thought! I am having tummy trouble too lately. But I think mine is from nuts. It all started with the nuts including the asthma for me. I have started re-reading the DANDR book to get motivated again to stay on induction and man, I forgot his section about nuts. I am really starting to think that is why my asthma is bad.. the mold! And the Tummy trouble started with the addition of nuts!

TG - Great job on the getting rid of clothes AND the smalle size! Isnt it awesome?

Lisa - take care of yourself! When are you due again? I always felt that when I was pregnant, it was an excuse to take my time doing things and not accomplishing a whole lot on days off! But that is just me

Leenie - Hows things?

Brenda - You must have gotten our storms.. we are slowly heading out of them! I HOPE! I am sick of rain already! How fun! the fair! I gotta take the kids this year!

Welp - i better run.. but I will check in later!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 12:24 PM   #10  
Head Princess

Hey all!

Just time for a quick fly-by since I'm all tied up training my replacement. I'm doing good and hanging in there. I'll try to get on and actually write more later.

Jane - can't help addressing your problem. Depending on the type of 'issues' your having, it could be a lot of things. Take a look at how much you're eating of things like fiber, water, 'moldy' foods (cheese, nuts), and veggies. Are you getting enough vitamins? How are you doing at staying OP? I know that when I bounce around alot between being OP and not, my tummy doesn't like me.

Just some thoughts.

Be back later!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 12:49 PM   #11  

hhhhmmmmmm......maybe it is the nuts and cheese. I am off to do some more research on these things. I have some form of nut almost everyday and I always have 1 oz. of cheese. The weird thing is that this only started about two months ago.....I have been eating these things all along

Karen: I have a SIL with very severe asthma. I know what a hard time she has so I can feel for you. As for the allergy meds I just stopped taking them on Tuesday and I haven't been sleeping for AGES now. Just something I guess I am going to have to get used to.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:51 PM   #12  

Thank you Karen and Star! I did some research and I think you may have hit the nail on the head! In all the articles I read it sure sounds like that may be my problem. My allergies are worse, I have skin conditions, bloating, slow weight loss, intestinal problems....the list goes on. So, I am off to the pharmacy to get some Probiotic for starters. As far as I can tell on the Atkins web site he just says to stay away from cheese (except mozzarella which is really the only one I do for a snack) and nuts. Alcohol is also a culprit. So, I have some changes to make.

Thanks again and maybe in a week or so things will be looking up!

Where is everyone today.....Friday in the summer I guess.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:28 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

Jane: Hope the cheese and nuts are the problem and you can start feeling better again.

Karen: Congrats on the weight loss. I want to get ALL the temptation stuff gone (the BD's) before starting back on strict induction. So that'll be around the 2nd week of September. Then I'm hoping to have weight loss like that

Star: Just a thought that passed through my head....if you're posting at work, how you going to keep us up to date on what's happening in your world? Do you have a computer at home?

Well, after 4 hours of running around looking for stupid party supplies and doing all my errands I can finally sit and rest....for 20 minutes. Then DH will be home, shower and then it's off to the fair. I just wish it wasn't so dang hot!!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 05:10 PM   #14  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Wait a minute.. I missed something.. Star.. did you get a new job?

Jane - I was wondering! I have the same problems! That is one of the reasons I went back to induction.. to stop the cravings.. and I have cut way back on my cheese.. let me know if it works for you!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote