Old 08-13-2004, 02:49 PM   #1  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Default Weight and Period

Hey all!

Quick question for you all. I've been doing great on Atkins with my 2 month weight in showing a drop of 32 pounds. Walking 60+ minutes a day, eating 10 - 15 cabs a day. Then my period comes along and I gain 5 pounds in 3 days! Is this normal? No change in diet or exercise, just the scale ticking me off big time. I am guessing this is water retention? Hormones? I don't know. I can't find anything online to help me answer the question. Anyone here have similar issues? Thanks for the help!!!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 02:58 PM   #2  
Look at me go ;)

It is probably from your period. If you didn't change anything than I can't see how you could have possibly gained 5lbs of fat in 3 days. See if it goes down after your TOM goe away. Watch and see if it happens again next month. I am sure that is all it is.
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 03:06 PM   #3  
Head Princess

It's normal to retain water around that time. If you didn't weigh yourself prior to starting this way of eating, you probably never noticed it, but it's just a girl-thing. No worries, it will go away again after your period is over.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 02:20 PM   #4  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Thanks for the help ladies. Things have returned to normal. At the weight I was when my TOE started. I guess I was getting used to losing 3 - 4 a week and this freaked me out. Thanks again for making me feel better.
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 02:40 PM   #5  
Head Princess

Glad to help, Seashell. Don't get too used to the rate of weight loss. It will slow down and even stop from time to time - promise. It's just part of how things go, so be prepared for it so you don't stress!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote