Old 08-11-2004, 11:32 PM   #1  
Look at me go ;)

Talking It's going to be the death of me

I have a Kristen's Low Carb Cafe near my house. I LOVE their food! They have tons of desserts and shakes.

We all wanted to eat out tonight so I got on the web and checked out Del Taco (my fav). It said a taco salad was 8 after fiber. So I went and got one. They only had one to choose from. I asked for a regular taco salad, they gave me the deluxe. So I went home and before eating it, checked the web to make sure the guacamole and stuff was included.

Well crap! It was 76 grams of carbs!! Ugh, good thing I checked. Apparently that is all most places serve. Well, don't have only one listed then. My mom had Wendy's and I couldn't eat anything there. I already had a big salad and didn't want another one.

So I went over to the Cafe and got a steak burger (my fav!) that comes on a lc roll w/ cheese and condiments, soy chips and a big pickle spear.

Then I got adventurous and decided to try a few of the desserts they have. I always loved their shakes but the sugar alcohols are high I am sure.

So I bought a Napolean and a slice of cherry cheesecake. Well the Napolean is like a big Italian canole with a chocolate almond drizzle and sweet cream filling. I ate half, it was soooooooooooooo good! I am going to have to go back and get some more and freeze them. It's only 3 g per serving and 1/2 a serving does me just fine!

The cherry cheesecake was not so good. I only took a couple bites. The cherry filling was good but the cheesecake it's self had kind of a sourcream taste to it. That and it didn't have any crust, which is my favorite part!

Anyways, just thought I would share. Maybe you all can check if there is a Cafe near you. They are always with the Better Nutrition stores.
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:29 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Hmm..if there's not one wonder if there'd be a market to OPEN one

Those desserts and stuff sound YUMMY!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:40 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Ohhhh I'd be in trouble w/that sort of stuff near me... Thank God there isn't one lol.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote