Old 08-04-2004, 01:08 PM   #1  
Look at me go ;)

Wink I almost DIED!!!!!! LOL

Ok, I started that couch potato to 5k run in 2months program from Coolrunnings this morning that Karen posted........I so will not be doing that again! I knew it would hurt but I seriously think this was over doing it for me.

I was supposed to stretch, do a warm up walk for 5mins, then alternate 60 secs of jogging with 90secs of walking for 20 minutes. I am sooooo out of shape. I did 60sec of jogging with 2 mins of walking and had to stop after 10 mins.

I was ready to pass out and all I could hear was waterfall rushing noise in my ears. Everything hurt, every joint, every breath. My chest was sooo bad I was wheezing like crazy. It took me 30 minutes AFTER I had stopped everything, including cool down to stop wheezing.

I think runnin is for people who dont have an extra person on them LOL. I am going to keep with the power walking, condition myself more and lost about 30-50lbs before trying the jogging thing again. I am just too heavy and out of shape. I thought every joint was going to crack.

I know this will sound funny but everytime I took a step while joggin, I could feel all the fat on my body lift up and SLAM back down. It was like being kicked in the butt/back everytime you put your foot your down LOL!

I know what good excersize feels like for me. When I get done, I feel great. I have all this energy and feel good about myself. When I finished this, I felt like passing out or puking, and actually stood in front of the fan doing the wobble thing. My DH asked me what was wrong from his SLEEP!!! LOL. I think that is just too much right now.

Anyways, just thought I'd share my morning. I am sure someone will get a laugh out of it. I know I did when I thought about my butt pounding on itself
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 01:14 PM   #2  
Head Princess

You've got the right idea, though! Build up your strength and fitness levels and you'll be doing your run in no time
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 01:59 PM   #3  

The visuals IHave in my head! I'm glad you see the humor in it.

You got the right idea. You have to be in certain range before you can run, it's hard on your body sometimes.

Butt slapping!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 02:36 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

OMG. I can see myself doing that---with my BOOBS though! Well, before I lost some of them anyway. I never used to run because it just was NOT healthy. Those things weren't made to move like that!!!! Even wearing tight sports bras didn't support those puppies. I'm glad they're at a somewhat normal size now (and I can now look down past them and see my feet!!!)
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote