Old 08-03-2004, 08:10 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Chat

Whatch out! I am bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 08:14 AM   #2  

Well for some reason I went to sleep around 9:30 WITHOUT a muscle relaxer for the first time in weeks (neck is getting better) and slept all night! That NEVER happens to me. So needless to say I am annoyingly perky today

Feel like a new woman.....hope I can repeat this tonight!

Last edited by jane8760; 08-03-2004 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:30 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Jane--Congrats on sleeping well!! And for being so dang perky. I need some of that energy!

Well, busted my good intentions last night. Had potaoes. AND DQ. ARGH!!!! I've no clue what is wrong w/me. It's almost like I'm intentionally making myself gain weight. I KNOW all this crap's going to do it. So why am I eating it? After I said I was going to be good because I knew this weekend I probably wouldn't be. ARGH!!! Just kick me in the butt now
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 08:55 AM   #4  

****kick******

But I know why you are doing it....I would be like that too. I know that this weekend I am going to be bad so why be good this week? It is really something how our minds work against us sometimes.
The smarter thing to do would be to say, I am going to be good this week so that I can have fun and enjoy myself this weekend. BUT NO!

Just be as good as you can this week with your mind working against you....get in some exercise and then just deal with the results. Or.......be good the rest of this week!!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2004, 08:57 AM   #5  

Good Morning Everyone!

Jane: Send some of that energy my way Glad that you are feeling good today!

Brenda: Don't beat yourself up. Just start over today. I know that you can do it!

Well, looks like today is gonna be a messy one. It's been raining the last couple of days here, and now looks like we are getting some rain from that tropical storm. Where oh where is the sunshine??? Went to the beach this weekend. Had a good time. With the tropical storm coming in DH didn't even take the boat. He got a few things done at his mom and dad's house, and we did a little shopping. Other than that I did nothing but relax! Well, time to get ready for work. Hope everyone has a great day, and I'll check in a little later!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good Morning.

Jane, I am so glad that the pain in your neck and head are going away. It is about time. Glad also that you are back to being your perky self again.

Brenda, I am sorry that you are having a tough time. You know, don’t beat yourself up. Somehow I think the more you beat yourself up the more you want to rebel against yourself. I am like that. If I get hard on myself I go on a spiral of bad behavior in my eyes. Just forget about yesterday, forget about this weekend. Think about today, and that is it. No past, no future, just present.

Lisa, I am glad you have gotten some sun this past weekend, before all the rains. I too don’t like it when it gets cloudy and rainy several days in a row. I just lose all my energy. It is amazing how bring sunny day changes my mood for good.

The scale still didn’t move this morning. Today is the 10th day. I am so glad I have the fat % scale. This way I can tell if I am retaining water. Today I was down almost 1% from yesterday. So hopefully I will lose pounds as well in the next couple of days. Have great day everyone.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:51 AM   #7  

Default Good Morning!

Hi everyone! I didn't do so well last night. I attribute my downfall to lack of preparation. I woke up yesterday morning and decided I was going back on Atkins, so I really don't have the foods I need to be eating in the house. However, I do have lots of the wrong foods in the house, like chips and tortillas! I had a corn tortillas and cheese last night. Well, that was yesterday and today is a new day! So back on the horse I am! I will need to make a grocery stop on the way home tonight. And I need to have my daughters invite their teenage friends over to clear out all of the bad food!

I sure would like to have some of your perkiness Jane! Perky and mornings just don't go together for me.

Brenda, just climb back on that horse with me. You can do it. Just think, you at least made it through 2/3 of the day doing well! Nights are always the hardest for me too! I tend to beat myself up about it as well, which of course just makes you feel worse, and if you're anything like me, when I get depressed I want to eat. Especially carbs!! Hang in there.

I would gladly trade some of our hot and humid weather for a little rain. We are under a heat advisory for the past few days. It doesn't get just hot here (Houston), it also feels like a sauna as well. The heat would be bearable if we didn't have all of the humidity. I will be staying inside.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Turtle38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:23 AM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning chiquitas!!!

Well I am on the horse today, the weekend was a little rough since we were out buying a truck for DH and then at the VW show and drag races all weekend. But I am trying to recover. I am off to the gym today I need to get back there on a regular schedule.....it will help now that DH has a new car. Last week his car died and he had to use my car at night to go to work so needless to say I was "gymless" ahahahaha.

B- you can do it I know you can, you and I will struggle & kill the demon carb foods together. BURN down DQ ahahahahahaa! (I run to get my torch and angry mob)

Jane- good sleep makes you PERKYYYY! Have a great day!

Turtle: good to meet you!

HI Lisa!!!! Hows the baby??

Rachel your scale will pleasently surprise you soon!!!

Have a GREATTTTTT day ladies!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:37 AM   #9  
Head Princess

Good morning!

Jane - Perky away! We could use some perky around here

Brenda - Remember the way you feel right now about what you did last night and pull that out the next time you're about to dive into a peanut buster parfait

Mrs H - Glad you had a good time at the beach! I love watching storms come in!

Rachel - I'm sorry, but I had to laugh when I read your post. 10 days? I've gone 6 weeks without a change. Like Karen mentioned yesterday, I'm at a 'set point' for my body. I have one right around 140 and spent 6 weeks there. My other one is right around 130 which is where I am now. Don't get discouraged over 10 days. It's just part of life

Turtle - I like your kitchen cleaning plan!

TG - you'll recover just fine! You always do

Well, for all of you who ask how I can play so much and sleep so little, I hit the wall yesterday. I was so amazingly tired even after almost 7 hours of sleep Sunday night! I almost fell asleep at my desk yesterday! When I went home, I ended up taking a 2 1/2 hour nap and then still went to bed at 11:00 last night (that's 2 hours early for me). I feel much better today

I'm working on getting back into the exercise groove. I did my pilates yesterday and today I'm going to shoot for a bike ride or a jog. I really do feel better when I'm working towards de-squishing myself.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:45 AM   #10  

Lisa: Hope you don't get hit with that hurricane.

Rachel: Like Star said...I think we have set points. I have been on one now for about 4-5 weeks. If I could get my in gear I could break it.

Turtle: I can't even imagine how hot it must get where you are! Definitely invite the girls over and let them be done with it! Preparation is everything!

TG: Glad you have the car situation fixed. Just how fast can a VW go?

Star: See we told you it would catch up with you! I've got the exercise bug too....must have been too much sleep
Old 08-03-2004, 10:57 AM   #11  
Head Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane8760
Star: See we told you it would catch up with you! I've got the exercise bug too....must have been too much sleep
I know it will always catch up with me eventually - it's just so much fun getting there!
Old 08-03-2004, 11:27 AM   #12  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning Gang!

Well, TOM Is finally here (I think it has been so hard to tell these days) but I have the headache that goes with it. To day was a planned day off of exercise for me!

I ate great yesterday. I have added Berries and Nuts back into my diet and Had some strawberries. I bought then not quite ripe so that I would not be tempted to eat to many of them though. But I was hungry all day (TOM does that to me too)

I went to bed last night at 9 pm too! (that is about 2-3 hours earlier than normal for me too) Not quite sure what was up.. but I feel really refreshed today.

Jane - i am glad that neck is feeling better!!

Brenda - You are like me, we both need to learn the word "NO". :LOL: Mine in the case of doing things for people, you in the case of going off plan. But it is the same thing! It is a hard thing to learn, but I know we both can do it!

Turtle - Welcome back! I wish I had teens to help me eat all the wrong foods in my house.. but my DH and DS seem t o help in that respect!

TG - Get well soon!

Star - WHAT? No night life last night? :ROTFL: Actually, You needed a night off didnt you! Good job getting back to the exercise!

OK gang, I have to get something off my chest here.. I guess I just need to talk to women about it.. (Sorry guys who might be out there!)

Most of you know I have had issues with TOM all my life. I have Endometriosis and I am Insulin resistant which leads us to believe that I must have PCOS. I have always been irregular, but it is getting ridiculous now. For example, since July 8th, I have had only 4 days in which I have not had any spotting or bleeding. And that is only 3 days after my last TOM finished. I have called the doctor and have an appt to show him my chart on September 2nd. At my last GYNO appt in Dec, he told me to start charting and call in 6 months. He and I already have talked hysterectomy. I know that is what he is going to recommend again especially when he sees this chart.. it is so crazy.

Anyway, I have resigned myself to the fact that I will most likely have one by the end of the year. I am done having kids, I have two beautiful ones that I thank the lord for everyday. But it is still a hard decision to make. I find myself upset and depressed about it sometimes,and other times totally elated! But I need to decide whether or not to keep my ovaries. they will determine the difference of starting HRT now or later in life. No matter what I do, He will still have to cut me open to do the removal because of the Endo.. I am that bad. But most of the time I think it would be better to have him do it all once, that way I dont have to go through it all again later...

I have to do more research on it all, and I know it is really a personal decision, but I would love to hear some comments on what you all would do in my situation. Oh I forgot to mention. I cant do Birth control pills because they give me horrible side affects, so the HRT scares me to death even though the dr says that they are more adjustable than the BCP.

Ok.. I feel better now just posting all that!

talk to you later.....
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:37 AM   #13  

Oh Karen I remember you mentioning this before and wondered how you were doing. I don't know what I would do to be honest with you. In my case I would just have them take it all and never look back. But I have never wanted kids so that makes a big difference. As for taking the ovaries.....I would definitely do some research and also GET A SECOND OPINION! Don't just take his word for it. This is much to important.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:40 AM   #14  
Head Princess

Karen! That's a tough decision to make, but I know you'll make the right one for you. Both my mother and one of my closest friends have had hysterectomies. My mom did it all at once, my friend had 3 partials. Judging from their experiences, the all-at-once was much easier, but they both had hormonal issues afterwards. All I ask is that if you do decide to do it and go on HRT, please please PLEASE do not use Premarin! The technique used to make Premarin involves the torture and death of thousands of horses. (avoiding rant now)
Old 08-03-2004, 11:50 AM   #15  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Oh Jane - This one is actually my third opinion.. and they are all the same... I have had 2 surgeries for endometriosis already... my original doctor in California who was my OB since I was a teen did the first, she recommended it first because of my history and my mother's history (who had a hystorectomy 3 years ago finally and I take after in a big way!) then my GP recommended it last year after reviewing my chart and history along with the sonograms in for my last endo surgery in July '03. this OB that I am seeing now did the surgery, and I would trust him with it all. He is the only doctor I have seen in the last 4 years in WA that gave it to me straight... no one else (and I saw 4 other OBs) would even do a sonogram or MRI. they told me even with my history in my hand the Endo would not come back and tried to pawn off pills. When I had the surgery last summer, the doct took pics for me to see what was up...l know I am scared very badly and I had organs stuck to organs... I was a vertitable mess. that is why we talk hystorectomy. It is bad and will only get worse as I get older...
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote