Old 07-02-2004, 08:39 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Friday Chat

Well, last day of work for me. I've got 4 hours of work. Then I'm guessing it's off to the doctor I go. Not for me--for BOTH the DD's. I'm thinking they have ringworm. goats at the strawberry place!!! GRRRR What a way to start the weekend!!! Then it looks like clear skies tonight so pitching a tent and sitting by a campfire all night is going to be where I'm at. Got to thinking......I might be able to just re-start on Sunday instead of Tuesday.
Hope you all have a great weekend!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

I had a horrible day yesterday. But I'm determined to have a good weekend!! I've finally decided that I'm at a very comfortable weight to stop smoking. So I did!! It's been over 40 hours now....I'm looking forward to counting days instead of hours after this afternoon!!

Anyway, so I'm feeling great today about the carbs and the cigs. Hope to leave them both alone this weekend!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:52 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hello
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:54 AM   #4  

Lori: I quit years ago and found it pretty easy...however over the last year or so I have "snuck" some every once in a while. Most recently I was having several a day. I finally stopped a couple weeks ago. I take it one day at a time. I know that sounds corny cut it seems to be working for me. When I want one I just say "Tomorrow will be easier". Good luck!

Brenda: I hope the weather is great for your camp-out! Don't make any Smores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, weigh in was the same....that's ok. I need to break this plateau that I am on at some point. I will just keep on keepin on. I may need to mix things up a bit. Not going to stress.

If I don't get the chance to check in this weekend I just wanted you all to know that I will be on vacation next week. We aren't going away until the middle of the week but I have dial up at home and not sure I will check in very often....DH just won't break down and get DSL. *sigh*

Hope to get out of work a little early today but not sure they will do it.

Have a great day all.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:07 AM   #5  

Good Morning Everyone

Brenda: Hope the weather is great for your weekend of camping out! Also hope the DD's are soon feeling better! Have a great weekend!

Lori: Congrats on the Quiting Smoking! Hope you can stay away from them this weekend! Good Luck, and have a great weekend!

Jane: Where ya heading to on vacation? Hope that you have fun wherever you go! Have a great weekend and enjoy your time away from work!

Well, got a long day planned today! Working 11:30-9 today then have to be back at 6am-3 tomorrow! But as soon as I get out of there tomorrow, we are heading back to the beach! Just going down for the 4th, and will be back late Sunday night! Hope everyone has a great weekend! Whatever your plans are, be safe and have fun!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:35 AM   #6  
Head Princess

Good morning!

Brenda - Don't worry - be happy. Do do do dodo dodo dodo dododo.......la la la la la!

Lori - Congrats on the quitting! I'm a social smoker myself. That wouldn't be so bad if there weren't so many social things in my life. I can't help but laugh at myself getting all healthy, but with no desire at all to stop smoking. Turns out my hypocracy knows no bounds.

Leenie - SMOOCHIES!!!

Jane - Good attitude about the plateau! And have a great weekend if I don't see you around. I don't know how much I'll be on either.

Mrs. H - Have fun at the beach! Where are you in NC? One of my brothers is living out there.

Well, it's been strange for me. I've been doing 11 hour days this week to make up for the time I'll miss next week so I've been tired! Around 6:30 yesterday, I went to the bar for a quick happy hour drink with some friends. The plan was to be in and out so I could go make some dinner and take a nap before meeting DH at 10:45 to go see a movie. Yeah - that didn't happen.

I had 3 drinks at 'happy hour' which kept me at the bar until 10:00. By then I was pretty looped since I hadn't eaten since lunch time. So I called DH and told him there was no way I was driving to the movie theater. He said ok and that he'd come pick me up at home and we could go have a drink together. That didn't happen either.

By the time he got home, I was passed out on the couch and so he picked me up over his shoulder and carried me up to bed. I was cracking up the whole way! He tucked me in and took himself out for a couple of drinks instead.

Here's the strange part. 5:15 this morning - I'm suddenly wide awake. I am NOT a morning person, but there I was: wide awake, perky, and not even slightly hung over. How bizzare is that?

So here I am at work at 6:30 in the morning and I've already been her 1/2 an hour. This could make for an interesting day!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:42 AM   #7  

Good Lord Star.....I was shocked when I saw it was you already! It is early for you.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:08 AM   #8  
Head Princess

Oh - and I forgot to grab money this morning so I'm coffee-free

I swear, I must be in some alternate universe today.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:46 AM   #9  

Brenda - At least ringworn is easy to get rid of.

Lori - Good luck with the smoking thing. I can't be of any help since I've never smoked.

Lisa - Have fun at the beach.

Star - It's not noon yet. What are you doing here?

Jane - Have a great time on vacation. DSL or cable aren't even available where I live so we are dial up at home also.

This has been an nteresting week with all the accounting programs at work changing and having to learn a new system. Kinda fun to learn something new and break up the rut. Have to work this weekend with Fiscal Year ends with the Accountant on Saturday, but if it's slow just going to check in for a few hours on Sunday and close Monday for Holiday.

Have done well this week with no wight gain. I really need to get on that new machine and hopefully my replacement Pilates dvd will arrive. Danny s talking about going to buy a Traedmill this weekend. They have a Proform normally $800 on sale for $500. I'm running out of room to put this stuff and really need to remodel he back room so we have a place to put everything. I can see it know, Home Gym and it just gets dusty! Everyone want to come to my house to exercise? Then we'll have to go to the hot tub for our sore bodies and I have a well stocked bar so we can start over the next day.
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:49 AM   #10  
Head Princess

Ack! One of my work boyfriends just bought me coffee and it tastes like crap! I AM living in an alternate universe!
Old 07-02-2004, 10:49 AM   #11  

Morti: Count me in! Hope you don't have to work too much this weekend.

Mrs H: Just going to stay home a couple days then headed for Cape Cod around Wed-Fri. We have a friend who has a house in Falmouth and he is working nights now so we can stay at his place and no one will bother anybody. We will be gone during the day while he sleeps and he will be at work at night when we are home! Perfect!
Old 07-02-2004, 10:51 AM   #12  

Star: I am in the central part of the state. About 30 minutes west of Raleigh. Our place at the beach is at Holden Beach. (nice and quiet) Where is your brother at out here?

Lisa
Old 07-02-2004, 10:51 AM   #13  

That is so funny Star.....I have a "work husband". My DH get's the biggest kick out of that. He will always say "why don't you ask your work husband?"
The last time to two of them met my dh said to work husband...."you can keep her if you want" Work husband replied "No thanks, 8 hours is enough"
Old 07-02-2004, 10:56 AM   #14  
Head Princess

Mrs. H - my brother's in Charlotte.

Jane - That's great!
Old 07-02-2004, 11:03 AM   #15  

Cool Star. That's only about 2 1/2 hours away. We go there about twice a year. They have the coolest mall there. It's absolutely huge. Has a Bass Pro Shop for the DH and lots and lots of stores for me!

Lisa