Old 06-30-2004, 03:09 AM   #1  

Default Wednesday June 30 Chat

Good Morning Everyone!

Just thought I would get us started. Rocky (the dog) woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep, so thought I would get on here for a little while. Same old same old here. Thank Goodness I am off work tomorrow. Need a day to get caught up on everything that I have let slide this week. Looks like I will be doing loads and loads of laundry! Hope everyone has a fabulous day. I am heading back to bed....but will check in later!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:33 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Lisa: Try not to work too hard today!! And hope you get more sleep!!

For some reason I couldn't sleep last night. ARGH!! Hate it when that happens. Maybe it's because my brain's thinking too much. I'm actually hoping it rains this weekend so I'll stay OP. I believe that I need to find a way to get myself BACK into the "no, I don't WANT that." Instead of the "oh, this little bite won't hurt, I'm not losing anyway." That and make my portion sizes smaller. Then once I can start exercising again MAYBE I'll drop a few more inches. Sounds like a good game plan to me--now just to get the motivation (maybe I need a picture of me in a TRUE bikini to get me motivated ) to follow what I said I need to!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Brenda, I'm with you!! I've been so bad about a nibble here and a nibble there. I've done good about "mostly" staying OP. But the exercise monster has hit me. (or should I say anti-exercise monster?) It started with a few days of not feeling well, then before you know it here it is a week and a half later and I still haven't done a thing! I know what I'll do. I'll exercise double once for me and once for you until you are well enough to do it yourself!! Think that will get me motivated? (Let's hope something does soon!)
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:43 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Lori you ARE a doll!!! I WISH it was as simple as you exercising for me I'd be having hubby doing crunches ALL the time I've got to start getting motivated also. there's no excuse for me to NOT exercise. Pilates-wise anyway. But DH won't do that and it's easier to exercise w/someone I think.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:57 AM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies.

Lisa good luck with the loads of laundry!! Wait til the baby comes there will be loads and loads and loads!! Might as well practice now! hahahahaha

Lori and B- I had that for a couple weeks where you just have a little here ans there and have no exercise motovation, I think it is pretty normal from time to time, you just wanna be "normal" again eat what you want and not have to exercise so much, but your resolve will come back it took weeks but mine finally did. Now when I am sneaking things it is alomonds or some kind of nuts. I did have an orange for a sneak and it wasgood and didn't really effect me one way or another, I have found out that if the sneak is something natural like that or "good carbs" not sugar and white flour you bounce back alot faster.

Well yesterday I came home from work and just felt beat, never got to the gym cause the kids we not fit for public consumption.....oooooooMG they were being bratty. My 2 1/2 yr old DS is usually pretty low key but he has turned into a stark raving mad brat!! hahahahaha We took away his bink (pacifier) this week and told him it got lost, so that probably has something to do with it. Although he has been pretty good w/o it he does ask for it from time to time, but getting him to go to bed is rough cause he is so used to having it to comfort himself. So we totally decided to stay home cause of the brattiness. But hopefully they will be better today and we can go to the gym this afternoon.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 10:03 AM   #6  
Head Princess

Good morning, darlings! Hopefully I'm back

Mrs H - I'll be right with you in the laundry bin! I've got at least 4 or 5 loads to get done. Blech!

Brenda - you can do it! And you'll never truly believe in your ability to stick with this until you do, so get cracking!

Lori - Ah, exercise! I've been spending a lot of time looking at pictures of fitness competitors to help keep myself motivated. Maybe it will work for you?

I can't believe it's Wednesday already! I was in a completely foul mood yesterday. It finally peaked around 4:00 after I got home, cleaned the atrocious mess that was my house, paid bills, and was then informed by DH that he neglected to call and make the car payment that was due last Friday. This while his migraine-ridden butt is laying on the couch watching me do all the work. Not good timing.

BUT I've learned that the company of good friends, an entire bottle of wine just for me, and a few too many cigarettes will take care of a foul mood nicely. So much for exercise

So I'm feeling much much better and significantly more stable today. Thank god! How strange that I had PMS at the end of TOM this time!

Oh, and TG - Yup! I'm gonna be a diamond! I love it!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 10:50 AM   #7  

Good Morning Ladies!

Star - A diamond Huh? I've heard of it. We once had an idea of taking a cast of a persons face before they pasted away and then after the cremation acually making a cast of them with the cremains. Of course, you would have to paint it. Might be kind of weird though but not as wierd as some of the things families have done.

Lisa - laundry, Yuck!

TG - Aren't kids great? I'm glad mine are grown! God will give me a metal for my oldest!

Lori - Can you add some exercise for me?

Brenda - I wish I ad a picture of my prebaby in a bikini. That would be motivation.

Good news, the problem employee figured out the writing on the wall and gave notice. Must be my reputation for not putting up with crap. Didn't sleep well last night either and have a busy dat today. Will check in later if I can.
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:40 AM   #8  

Good morning!

Well, 2 days so far this week of staying OP. The sugar cravings are finally starting to go away. Still no exercise though. I need to just force myself to do it. I had every intention of going this a.m., but ended up going to bed late after a couple drinks, so you know how that goes - no gym at 5am.

What is with the lack of exercise motivation? Sounds like it's going around. I'm not even really motivated to stay OP but I've decided I will just stick w/it, and hopefully like T.G. said, it will just come back in time. Jeez, I hope so. It's so much easier when my motivation is high. I don't have to think about it so much then.

Busy day today. Last day of the fiscal year! Time for audit prep. It's always something...

Hope everyone has a great day!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:15 PM   #9  
Head Princess

Well, you can bet your fanny that I'll be getting some work in tonight. I starting to feel like the love child of a slug and a marshmellow. Blech!
Old 06-30-2004, 12:25 PM   #10  

Default Hi ladies

hello , looks like you're all having busy days. It's very late afternoon in the uk here and i'm thinking about who's having what for tea tonight. I seem to be thinking about, preparing or clearing up after food most of the day! aagghh!

got a question for you fab chicks hope you can help. I found a brilliant prepared curry here from a top supermarket that says it has 4.4 carbs but 5.4fibre so how do i count that in my totals for the day? minus 1 carb net doesn't seem right. any ideas.

I love reading your posts , what great women you are.What time do you chat to each other ? Is it when I'm in bed over here?
thanks everyone chris
brook1lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:12 PM   #11  
Head Princess

Hey Chris! Glad you made it over to the daily thread! As for your curry question - that's strange. You can't have negative carbs. Perhaps the 4.4 is carbs minus fiber? Personally, I'd be emailing the company and finding out. Also take a look at ingredient list - it can be very helpful in determining if that's really something you should be eating.

As for the when we chat question, it's pretty much all day over here. I'm not sure what time it is where you're at so that's the best I can tell you.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:29 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

Chris: I'm usually online in the morning (that's about 7:30 am here) and after work (around 12:30ish pm). I don't remember---are you ahead of us in time or behind?

Love: I give you credit for staying OP even through lack of motivation. So far I've stayed OP....but OVER carb count. I haven't even tried to determine what my count is lately.

Morti: Sounds like you just avoided a major headache and stress point. Glad the problem person decided to bail before you had to deal with her. I'm still trying to get my DH to agree to put my ashes into a rubbermaid container and just ditch it into the side of the road somewhere

Star: You always do the interesting stuff. First the star, now the diamond. What else you going to come up with?

TG: I feel for you on the pacifier route. We finally got rid of my daughters when she turned 3. She latched onto her blanket (still has it and "needs" it tot his day) in it's place. Hope you get some more sleep tonight

Well, another day bites the dust for me. I'm done working and only 2 more days til my weekend starts. Was told my sitter needs next week Thursday & Friday off. So only 2 days of work for me next week. Not sure I can handle that So far I've eaten decent foods today. Yesterday stayed away from the ice cream....but had strawberries w/splenda...and then some pistacchios Come Tuesday I'm going to have to start playing the "are you REALLY hungry or just want a snack" game with myself.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:30 PM   #13  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi All!

Im not a slug anymore! but I did over sleep.. but I still got my run in this morning! I want DH to come home so I can go back to the Gym! Only 3 more days...sigh!

I am fighting with these dang lungs still. I have a call into my doctor now hoping to get an answer soon! I am so tired of Hacking!

I am really busy this morning but I wanted to check in ASAP and say hi! I will be back later for more personals!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:32 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Hi Karen. Glad you're not a slug. Wish I could say the same. I'm thinking I need to get offline and go check out the pilates tape before DH gets home. Tempted to do tae-bo but I'm sure the girls would snitch on me.