Old 06-17-2004, 08:03 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Thursday, June 17th Chat

Good Morning
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 08:13 AM   #2  

That's it? Just me and Leenie so far this morning? WAKE UP you sleepy heads!

Last night with SIL was fun. She has so much stuff that she is dealing with now and I feel bad for her. I think she enjoyed just going out and getting everything off her chest and having a good time. According to her my brother is very romantic......I don't know who she married but it sure as **** isn't MY brother

I stayed with the rum and diet coke drinks all night.....funny they don't make me drunk But the caffeine in the diet coke didn't go over well.... I was up till about midnight *sigh* And the smoking!!!!!! Oh the horrors of it all. I can barely talk today. I need to give that crap up.

We have a company wide meeting today.....everytime we have one of these the ax starts falling the next day. PICK ME! PICK ME!

Have a great day.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 08:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good Morning Leenie and Jane and everyone else to follow.

Jane, I hope that meeting today goes well and it is not what you think it is. I am glad you had a fun time with your SIL last night. Sorry that you couldn’t fall asleep right a way.

I went to my doctor yesterday and asked that she write me blood works. I thought it wouldn’t hurt to know my cholesterol and blood sugar. Plus I asked her to check my thyroid since I have been reading that some of the symptoms of under active thyroid are weight gain, difficulty losing weight, and feeling cold all the time. So I figured it wouldn’t hurt to know that my not losing weight has some other explanations. But deep down I really want her to say that my thyroid is okay, and my body just needs to adapt to lose weight. Yes, you guessed it, the scale hasn’t moved yet. So anyhow, I have been walking more this week. So far this week I have logged 18 miles, 10 to go to achieve my goal for this week.

Have a great day everyone.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 08:32 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi girls, oy am I crampy, auntie flo is here visiting and making me sick to my stomach. I wanna just curl up in bed. Why is it the older we get the harder things are on our bodies..........what a cruel world

Jane, feel better and I'm glad you had a good time last night

Rachel, good for you for getting blood work done, its always a good thing. I had mine done after being on atkins for 9 months and the results came back wonderful. WOW 18 miles so far, how many do you walk in a day? thats teriffic. you go girl.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:03 AM   #5  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning everyone

Got to visit my mom and my dad last night. I had really good talks with both of them. My dad was just diagnosed borderline diabetic so he went on the diabetic diet about 3 weeks ago. He's lost a ton of weight and he's doing so well. So we talked about food and carbs and sugars.... prolly the best conversation I've had with him for a loooong time. Then I went to my mom's house and she is planning a diet as well! She's not sure if it's going to be south beach or atkins. She's worried about good carbs and bad carbs and starting to get more concerned with what she's putting in her body, which is just absolutely fabulous. I told her about 3FC and she said she'd check it out.

Jane: good luck with the meeting. the probability of you getting canned is much higher if you do something completely off the wall during the meeting. make it fun.

Leenie: sorry you're having such bad cramps. i used to be doubled over in pain the entire time my period was around until i went on the pill... now i wonder why i suffered so long.

rachel: way to go on getting some tests done. it's always a good idea.
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:20 AM   #6  

Oh Leenie.....I'm sorry you don't feel well. Doesn't it just suck sometimes being a girl? Curl up on the couch with some nice hot tea and watch TV. I prefer HGTV but you do whatever makes you happy

Shimma: Sounds like you had a nice visit. How did the hair come out? You know I didn't even think about it.....I could jump up on a chair and start spewing out technical crap that I know nothing about and they will all feel bad for me and lay me off for my mental health. Ingenious!
Old 06-17-2004, 09:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Leenie, I hope that you feel better very soon. And about my walks, I live about 1.5 miles away from work. So I have been walking to and from work. That is 3 miles easily. Plus in the days that it hasn’t been too warm, like yesterday, I have gone home at lunch time. That is another 3 miles. Also to keep myself entertain I have bought several audio books to listen to while walking. I much rather read the book myself, but this couple of books I got on CD aren’t that bad. I just finished listening to "Can you keep a secret?" It is a funny book and there were times that I was walking by myself laughing. People probably thought I had lost it completely.

Shimma, way to go on giving information and support to your parents.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:43 AM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

Heeelllllooooo daaahlinks! (my best Zsa Zsa voice)

Well I had another day of being OP and I feel alot better (although I did have some Altoids yesterday my breath was very onion after lunch) but other than that GREAT! Training is very long and boring, we are learning all about Comcast Digital Telephone so w can start selling it...... BOOOring! And full-time....BLech! (do I have a good attitude about work today or what!! hahahahaha ) The only good thing about training is they pay you 18.00 dollars an hour to do it! Trying to squeeze some exercise in here and there. My sister is going to Las Vegas this weekend so I will have her daughter and my kids, (2) 2 yr olds and a 4 yr old! AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I will probably pawn off my 4 yr old with my SIL and BIL, they love to have him (they don't have any kids) so he will get all the attention and spoiled all weekend long!

Leenie: Brenda recc those thermal patches for TOM for me and they work great for th cramps, Hope it gets better soon.

Shimma sounds like a good talk.

Rachel, you are doing great!! Hope the bloodwork turns out good, I am sure it will.

Jane, just stand up on a desk in the middle of the meeting and make monkey sounds, they will give you a mental health break no problem!! hahahaha
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:45 AM   #9  
The Princess O' Pets

Rachel that is a great idea about the audio books, we always get them for long car rides, but walking would be great too!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:45 AM   #10  

Rachel: Good for you getting your blood work done. I hope all is well. What a great way to get in the walking......I wish I lived that close to work. I may steal your idea on the books on tape for a walk. I don't get to read as much as I used to and that would be a good way to do it.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:50 AM   #11  
Baby Steps

Jane: Hmm....how to say this. Glad you had a fun time, sorry you couldn't sleep and sorry you smoked too much? Hope your voice comes back soon!!

Rachel: Have no fear, that scale will move when you least expect it. Have you asked the others to check your meals to make sure the % are right? Are you drinking enough water? Exercising (I'm a bad one to talk about that). It'll fall off, keep the faith!! And good luck on the doc tests!!

Leenie: Take some pamprin, get some of those heating pads for under your clothes and veg out. Those heating pads are my salvation!! I can't move w/out them!! Hope you feel better soon (yup, it sucks being female during TOM).

Shimma: Glad your talks w/your parents went well. And stick w/us. Even if you don't stay OP we enjoy talking to ya!!!

Well, my swimsuit was a big hit....w/my DH My oldest DD and I are burnt lobsters on our shoulders and back. My ankle hurts (not sure what's wrong w/it) along with other parts of my body from going down those water rides (did I mention I'm afraid of heights and they're ALL high rides??) and holding on for dear life. The first ride we were in this enclosed tube (which was ok), but we no sooner started going than youngest DD (Which is a skinny runt) starts hollering for me and calling help. Oh **** I was scared crapless she was going to fly out. So I almost let go myself to try and find her. DH called out that she had her which is the only reason I DIDN'T let go. Letting go on those rides is a recipe for disaster!! I didn't stay OP yesterday. Hard to do at an amusement park that doesn't have LC options. But that's ok. I'm starting back to where I was on Tuesday. Yup, stepped on the scale and figure oh well. We drove home last night in MAJOR storms. Came home only to have the storm HERE as well. So of course, wet basement again. I'm off today to clean out the basement, go to the store for new sump pump and dehumidifer, and THEN hopefully try and rest. I'm not counting all the mileage I put on my poor feet yesterday because of the fact that I didn't stay OP. But it's back OP today
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:53 AM   #12  
Baby Steps

Oops. TG I didn't see your post. Try not to get overwhelmed with all those kids!!! Your attitude towards work kind of matches mine!

Question for anyone: How can I start adding carbs to go on OWL or even maintenance if every time I even add 5 Grams of carbs to my current count (which usually is less than 10Gr.) I gain weight??? It's kind of annoying. I'm less than 20 grams and I'm not losing weight. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. HELP!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 10:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 598/270/240

Height: 6'3

Ack today is MUGGY I hate it I dont mind hot weather but the muggies rot.Lady_adnerb I do about 20 grams a day I went to 30 and flat lined so I did 2 weeks no carbs then back to 20 and I'm loosing again maybe induction again ?.Im still learning how to find stuff here lol thank you Leenie for the help .
herb1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 10:48 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Herb nice to see you !!

Brenda, whats your calories like? Take a look at them, you might wanna lower them and raise your carbs.

Hugs everyone
Old 06-17-2004, 11:07 AM   #15  

Good Morningg Ladies and Herb!

No time for personals. Going out of town to Riverside National Cemetery to disinter (have dug up) an urn and mareker to have buried in our cemetery. Going to go visit a Doggie Jail there that has several Fur Kids on their website I want to look at. When I get back, have a nail appointment so it'll be a fast day for me. Best of all, it's my Friday after 10 long days of working and get 3 days off. Have a good day.
morti is offline   Reply With Quote