Old 06-05-2004, 08:46 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Motivation

Besides the fact that we've (I've) all lost weight and we (I) KNOW we (I) can do it. What else can we (I) do to get motivated? To stay motivated?

I've noticed a few times some of us have said we're comfortable with the weight we're at now. So then the problem is staying OP to keep the weight off. I for one know there's more poundage I SHOULD lose. But maybe if I actually got off the fluffybutt and exercised it'd firm up and the weight would come off. I don't really want to ever NOT be able to eat. I know portion control will become a factor in how much I weigh. But if I cut down on food when I actually ENJOY this WOE....won't I be defeating myself there too? Self sabotage? Dang I wish I was the type of person that could just sit and figure out stuff that's going on in my own head!!

Does this topic even make sense to anyone but me??
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 06:44 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Brenda,

I just started therapy for over eating and two weeks ago was my first session. The therapist suggested to me to start off by putting a picture of myself on the frig or where ever I would need it, like the goodie cabinet. This picture would be of me at a weight where I felt good. And every time I go to the frig, to stop, look at it and remember that feeling of feeling good like I was at the time of the picture. Does that make sense.

I haven't done it yet but I will. Also write down your goal and then under it write down what you need to do to get there. This one isn't as easy as it sounds so when I see here (the therapist) again this coming week I will let you know exactly what she ment.

About just sitting down and figuring it out in your head?? I have no clue either, thats why I am going for help. I just don't know where to start.

And boy does this topic make sense to me, kinda like I wrote it myself.

Hugs, email me if you need to chat, or PM, I'll give you my addy if you need it.

Love Yah !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 12:51 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

I tend to not do well with lists. And follow-through is a major problem with me also. Add a few other factors and you have a messed up humanoid. I'm hoping that after this weekend I can try and get my act in gear. We'll see tomorrow night.
And yes Leenie...I'll be taking you up on the offer of Pm's and emails.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:02 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I'm here for yah !!

Lets try and just focus for today, don't think about tomorrow.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 10:20 PM   #5  
Baby Steps

I've been in this funky mood all day. I started out the day ok. I even planned on coming home and doing housework (which I absolutely detest). All I wanted to do was lay down in a corner, cry and then take a nap. What'd I end up doing? Pretty much nothing. Just meandered around the house. I did get the oil changed and some stuff from the store. But otherwise I was a slug. I went and ate a bowl of ice cream (low carb, but still not induction stuff). So I was so mad I got up and did the 3 mile WATP tape. I then went and took a shower.
I don't understand this mood I'm in. It's really starting to annoy me. I can't seem to drag myself out of this blue funk. I didn't say much at work for fear I'd tell the wicked witch a few things. I highly doubt it's this WOE but maybe my strict approach to it? Trying to force myself on induction when I'm not actually (usually) doing THAT bad?
Oh....DH ate some LC ice cream with me. If he stays on Atkins I'll be surprised!!
Old 06-07-2004, 10:21 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

oh!! I'm off to the GNC site to find out what type of herbs to take for depression. Maybe that'll help me