Old 05-31-2004, 04:37 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Happy Memorial Day to my American friends!! I hope you're enjoying your long weekend!

I am at work. But I guess we just had a long weekend on Victoria Day (May 24th) so I shouldn't feel so jealous right now!

Technically I re-started induction today, since I decided not to wait until tomorrow since I wasn't on holiday and all!

My weekend was so great though...well, except for a semi-sprained ankle that is. My ankle should be almost 100% in a few days, but it's pretty annoying because it means that all my plans to go the gym have been sidelined. And just when I was so motivated, too!

Anyway, some friends of mine from undergrad came up on Friday night...two guys came from Toronto and two guys came from NYC and met here in Montreal. On Saturday I showed them my lab on campus and then took them down to the old part of town, which is chock full of tourists now. Festival season is nearly here in full swing! I love old Montreal, even with tons of tourists there. (I kind of sprained my ankle at this point, though I didn't really notice how badly until later when it had stiffened up from sitting for a long time). Later, we ate dinner at a restaurant with a Mediterranean theme called l'Academie (the most comfortable cushy, fuzzy chairs). It was great, though I did eat off plan, and consumed a few glasses of wine (we can bring wine to most restaurants here in Quebec - something I wish we could do in Ontario!).

We had met up two other friends of mine at the restaurant, and afterwards made our way to pub, which although located on an 'interesting' section of Montreal's main street (by this, I mean an area where you see some 'women of the night' shall we say), is quite a great place. It has this enclosed courtyard (open roof, but walls on all 4 sides), where the walls are covered all with vines, and a couple trees grow right inside the courtyard...great atmosphere at this place. We spent the rest of the night visiting and drinking there.

Yesterday went out for lunch, and then later got to talk with 3 other good friends from undergrad - this weekend felt like a class reunion nearly! I firmed up some plans to go to Toronto and received an invite to visit one of the guys in NYC (which I'm looking forward to, never been there before).

But today I am working...luckily the day is almost over!

See you all tomorrow!
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 09:27 PM   #17  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi gang!

I am so glad to hop in today! (well it is 6:30 PM so it really is evening)

DH took off this morning for 2 weeks of training in FL. He wont be back until June 11th.. so I am single moming it... ACK!

I am sooooooo sick! It has been the craziest spring. Cold, hot cold hot.. UGH! It has been a week since I have run and I still dont think it will be happening any time soon. And of course this is the busiest 2 weeks of the school year.. so I am frantic!

Eating wise I have been OK.. just OK. I am stalled at 163 or so and just finished TOM. So I am off to strick induction tomorrow as well.. I joined you guys on the other thread!

I am planning to post daily the next couple of weeks. That is the plan.. we will see how it all goes..

I missed you guys! See ya in the morning!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote