Old 05-22-2004, 06:56 PM   #1  

Default Zantrex-3 / HotRox

Hey, just wondering if anyone has tried either. Also what the results are?
thanks
frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 10:44 PM   #2  
Baby Steps

Sorry. I've not tried either. I can't help. What are they and what are they supposed to do??
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 12:41 AM   #3  
Somethin's gotta give

Now...I may be wrong here...but...I've TRIED everything...and Frodo when I say everything........I mean EVERYTHING...legal...illegal....semi-legal...and my advice is...DON'T...dont start .....all this over the counter stuff is sh*t...anything that really works is illegal....and once you stop it...you gain back...just go straight at it my Brother.....be true and you'll find what you can live with for the REST of your life...right?
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 01:36 AM   #4  

well hot rox actually works - legal 100% it just speeds up your motabolism, it is ment to work with low-carb diets

zantex-3 i have heard you can lose up to like 4pounds a day on it, that is why i am so skeptical.

I really just would like a diet where i can continue to drink+have a social life. that's why this is so hard for me.

I really don't care what I eat, i just would like to drink.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:08 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Anything that speeds up your metabolism works on YOUR CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM, do you really want to mess with that ?????

Please seek a doctor when going on any medication, weather its over the counter or not.

You've only got one body, please love and respect it and ask yourself if a few pounds is really worth messing around with it.

We love you and want you to be not only happy but healthy in the long run

Hugs, Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 09:47 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Not to knock your idea. But I read that....if you use anything pill wise to speed up your metabolism that means you become dependent ON that pill. Once you stop the pill your metabolism slows down...and sometimes stops altogether. It's one reason I quit taking the OTC stuff I was taking. Figured I didn't want to spend $$ for life on pills just to TRY to get skinny. Just some info to think over.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:34 PM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

Frodo: You can definitely still have a social life on Atkins. If you want to drink, there are plenty of low-carb options out there, like low-carb beer and hard liquor (which is a 0-carb option). It's possible to still enjoy yourself and drink with your friends. Now, my problem is that when I drink, I let all my inhibitions go, including eating healthy and OP.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 04:45 PM   #8  

oh really? I thought you can't drink while on atkins... I know there is no carbs in vodka and what not. I really don't care what I drink, as long as I can drink.

I was thinking why it is so hard for me to diet, the week goes by fine, then a weekend or a concert comes up and I just want to have fun you know?
Old 05-24-2004, 07:07 AM   #9  
Goal by Aussie Summer!

I've found that forgoing "fun" leads to better results, and more opportunity to enjoy yourself as a skinny person down the track.
Atkins isn't a "weekday" diet that you just chuck in at the weekends, it's a WAY OF LIFE. Remember you're trying to break poor eating habits, for example binge drinking weekends.
It was hard for me too but I'll be happier in the long run.
RavenL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 07:44 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Exactly Raven, you need to decide whats more important to you. Its your call. But Frodo don't think your alone in this. We all have to decide, like for instance, I have been screwing up my weekends by eating way to much chocolate/calories. Its my call. I'm getting no where at the moment and I'm gonna have to decide NOW which is more important.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:27 AM   #11  
Baby Steps

If you want to still continue to have fun/social life and drink.....Star (and I'm sure a few others) can lead you in the direction of what you could still drink
Old 05-24-2004, 12:16 PM   #12  
Head Princess

Star, resident lush, reporting for duty!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:39 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

I didn't mean it like that. I just meant you'd have the carb count and low-down on how to make drinks
By the way.....PLEASE tell me that smirnoff ice is no/low carb!!
Old 05-24-2004, 02:02 PM   #14  
Head Princess

Sorry, pumpkin. I can't tell you that. Those specialty 'malt' beverages are as bad as wine coolers. The only exception is Thin Ice - only 1 carb per bottle and very yummy!

WARNING: Skyy is selling a malt beverage called Skyy Sport or something like that and they're touting it as low carb. IT IS NOT! I check the nutritional info and it's something like 12 grams per bottle. Same thing with the Mike's lite. They say it's only 2 grams but neglect to mention that there are 10 grams of sugar alcohols in there.

Frodo - The problem with thermogenics is that they artificially stimulate your metabolism. That may be fine while you're taking the pills, but as soon as you stop, it will be even slower than when you started. If you're serious about taking off the weight and keeping it off, you just have to make good changes to your eating habits and get lots of exercise. If you build muscle, you will increase your metabolism naturally. Sorry, but there's no easy way around it. Pills don't help, they just compound the problem.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:34 PM   #15  
Baby Steps

Ok. Who makes thin ice? And I'm not talking ice cube shavings here