Old 05-07-2004, 06:32 PM   #16  
Head Princess

Holy cow!! Where on earth do you keep that many cars? I love the look of jags but know better than to own one. Wayyyyyyyyyy too much work!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 07:16 PM   #17  
The Princess O' Pets

I am a sales person for Comcast Cable CO. I spend my first 1/2 of the day answering phone calls and selling cable TV and High Speed internet. My other job which I have had for the past 10 years is pharmacy tech at a local veterinary Clinic. And I work in the office at the our local Tibetan Buddhist cultural center (that is a regular volunteer job though). The second 1/2 of my days are spent as at home mom to my 2 sons, DH stays home with the boys while I am at work, we have opposite schedules.

gas is about 2.05 / gallon for regular here in Portland.
Comcast commute is about 30 mins each way, not sure how many miles.
The vet is 5-10 mins away and the cultural assoc is 2 mins away.

Cars:
Dodge caravan over 100,000 miles
1970 VW Karmann Ghia (my first car and love!)
1968 bug
1969 bug
1990 geo storm
1969 ugly ford truck
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:31 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarPrincess
Holy cow!! Where on earth do you keep that many cars? I love the look of jags but know better than to own one. Wayyyyyyyyyy too much work!
We have 5 acres. Danny loves ebay... a little too much! Most will be sold.
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 09:44 AM   #19  
The Princess O' Pets

Morti don't feel bad my DH is addicted to Ebay too!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 10:44 AM   #20  
Baby Steps

I used to be. I've learned to stay away from it. I go in occassionally if I need to buy something. But lately haven't found what I need on there. Good thing or the addiction would start again. lol
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 06:23 PM   #21  

I am a travel agent, and have the luxury of working out of the house (which is a darn good thing, since I am also a military wife, and we move so often that it was starting to get tough finding jobs everywhere we went!) Our company specializes in Disney/Universal, as well as cruises, and some full-service travel. So, not much mileage for me.

Hubby is an IT in the Navy, and by the time we actually move to California (hopefully by mid-June, if all of the planets line up!), he will have about a 45-mile roundtrip commute every day, give or take. He says gas prices in San Diego are $2.11 on the base, 20-25 cents higher off base. In Chattanooga, regular unleaded is averaging out at about $1.75/gallon.

We have a Toyota Camry and VW Beetle, both purchased last year (before which we had one Toyota Tercel that was ready to die), but the Camry already has over 10,000 miles on it. Because traveling/research is part of my job, and the Camry gets better mileage (and has more room), it tends to be the car that takes long trips with us.
FonFon is offline   Reply With Quote