Old 05-05-2004, 07:22 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 6"

Default Wednesday Chat - May 5th

Good Morning Everyone,
Weigh In day wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be and I came out with a 1.5 pound loss. I will need to lose 2 pounds a week to make my end of May Goal and that has me a tad concerned but I know I can do it. So I have to promise myself to eat well, get in my water and keep up with my daily walks. I want nothing more then to be under 200lbs by my birthday! So yes I'm going to attempt stict induction once more.
Today it's looking pretty gloomy out, it really zaps all ambition out of me. Hopefully by the time I'm off from work it will be a sun shining day and I can enjoy it a bit.
I still have this cold I can't seem to get rid of. It's driving me nuts.. stuffy nose and a cough. My tummy's been doing flips too.. oye. It will be nice the day I wake and feel good again. Ok enough whining...

Hope everyone has a beautiful day!
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:10 AM   #2  

Good morning Trazzie. We are the early birds today.

Congrats on your weigh in. I am in the same boat as you....in order to make my End of May goal I will have to lose 2 a week also....don't think that is going to happen no matter how good I am. But I will keep on pluggin along. Any loss is good.

Sorry you aren't feeling well. Get better soon.

Fit into the linen dress just fine.....top a little tight. Don't think I can wear a bra Not a problem....not like they are big and need to be controled.
Trying to decide if I want to do the bare legs thing......I was asking my husband about it last night....would my legs look thinner with dark nylons on? He of course had NO advise! Men!

So help me out here ladies.......bare legs or nylons (remember nylons give us some control)
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:20 AM   #3  

Two things I forgot to tell you.

1. I brought some strawberries in today for after lunch. I am so excited. Haven't had them in ages. It's like having a little bit of gold in my lunch box.

2. I just discovered something in FitDay.....I went into yesterday to log in my walk and found out I burned the same number of calories that I took in. Geez do you think that is why I am not losing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Going to have to bump up the exercise or take down the calories. I will watch this for the next week and see how it goes.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:26 AM   #4  
Total Sass Bucket

Ugh, just lost my post.

I will now paraphrase:

Sinuses are gonna be the death of me.

I too am gonna have to work my butt off to make end of May goal.

My only criterion for nylons is not with sandals.

Have a good day.
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:29 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Trazzie: Congrats on the weight loss & sorry you're not feeling better. Could it be allergies? Things are blooming all over!

Jane: Congrats on fitting into the dress. I've not ever tried going w/out nylons so I can't help you there. I'm never tan enough to. And did you really think DH would be of decent help?

Ok. I'm feeling better today. Not as tired (Surprisingly I slept through most of the night). I've stayed OP for 2 days now (going for 3. lol). I don't have any chocolate in the house, but I do have frozen muffins that I'll work on staying away from. I need to get these 2 pounds off to make my end of May challenge. I'm to the point my body's resisting letting go of this fat. ARGH!! I'm hoping to get some exercise in today seeing how I'm feeling better! That would be good too.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:30 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Shimma you little sneak! You're always sneaking in!!

Sorry to hear about your sinuses. Isn't there anything you can take for them??
Old 05-05-2004, 08:33 AM   #7  
Total Sass Bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_adnerb
Shimma you little sneak! You're always sneaking in!!

I'll knock next time.

I am on allergy medication, this time of year is just plain hard.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:36 AM   #8  

Shimma: Nylons with sandals!!!!!!!!!! No worry here. Hate that.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:37 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

Good thing the rare times I wear a dress I buy dressy shoes instead of sandals then!!
Old 05-05-2004, 08:44 AM   #10  

Phew!!
Old 05-05-2004, 08:45 AM   #11  
Total Sass Bucket

Dress? Are women supposed to own a dress? Um.... whoops.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:47 AM   #12  

Yes Shimma every proper young lady should own a dress
Preferably a slinky black one that knocks everyones socks off!

Old 05-05-2004, 08:49 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Trazzie - Congrats on the loss!!!! Hope you are feeling better really soon too!!

Jane - I usually opt for the nylons. but I have to admit that is my line of thinking because I always needed them to HIDE things. Now, I would be toying with the idea of bare legs too. Acutally I'd probably go witht he bare legs!!! (I'm a lot of help aren't I!)

Shimma - hope your sinuses improve!

Brenda - I think I was a little ambitious with my EOM challenge. My body is having the same fits letting go of the fat. I just wants to continue to STICK to my butt and thighs (uuuggghhh!)

I actually lost a pound on vacation...I still can't believe this. Probably becuase this lost pound represents the reaching of my first mini goal. It was 145!!! Reason: it's the first weight for my height that is in "normal" BMI. I'm not in the overweight category anymore!!!! Wooooohooooo!!!!! I still have 20 more to lose, but just hitting that first goal feels so good!!!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 09:21 AM   #14  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

WTG on the loss Lori!!! I cant wait until Im in the normal weight zone for my height....its been way too many years since I was there.

Jane...no nylons, and you can wear a control top panty if you need to. Show off them skinny legs!!!

Well, Ive been trying to attach my kitchen photos, but I cant seem to get them small enough......any suggestions?

Im doing good and sticking to my plan.......Have a great day everyone!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 09:28 AM   #15  

Robin: I usually resize my pictures to 800x600. That makes them small enough for the web. If you can't get that to work you can email them to me and I will see if I can fix for you.