Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-10-2006, 09:12 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Wednesday Chat - May 10th

Good Morning,

Well I just did some personals in yesterday's thread and I'm going to get some work done here before I get in trouble

BUTTTTT! I'll be back later

How is everyone this beautiful (ok cloudy) day ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/121/goal weight

Hi! New here
Had a pretty good day. Stuck to my meal plan, went on the treadmill and took my puppy out for a walk- he loves frolicking around while I attempt to walk quickly around the perimeter several times before the field is overtaken by screaming soccer kids.
Best bit today - mum commented on how much better I am doing (managing my depression) and that I seem to be getting back into things more each day. I'm really noticing a difference since 6 weeks ago - I think puppy and exercise have really helped.
Anyway hi to all and I hope you have a happy and healthy day!!
jayarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:29 AM   #3  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Hey Leenie!

I'm exhausted! Last night I had this dinner meeting that went till almost midnight, then had to drive over an hour to get home. I was almost asleep then DH came home from work at 3:00AM, so he woke me up and couldn't get back to sleep! Finally got back to sleep about 5:00 AM, and woke up again at 9:00AM....Blah! I'm so not in the mood to do anything but sleep....although this lovely apartment is soooooooooooo horrible, it looks like a tornado hit it! DH is not good at picking up after himself, I'm trying to teach this to him, but obviously I'm not doing it right because it hasn't worked yet.... *sigh*
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:44 AM   #4  

Moving slow this am..........a bit under the weather........working 3-11 today......will tidy a bit today.

Gotta get the coffee going........I have such a headache.

I slept poorly last night..........hubby woke me up at 4 am! Then he got paged at 5 am.........serves him right........but then the poor guy had to be at work at 7 am.......I bet he is dragging his butt!

Back later.

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/200/150

I can feel ya on the poor sleep liz. I didn't get to bed until 4am last night because I'm trying to get all packed up to move to my new apartment on thursday. i've been working 10-12 hour days then coming home to pack my apt by myself. I'm exhausted. I can barely hold my head up this morning. It's really no good at all.
thecanadian213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:34 AM   #6  

Default forgot to introduce myself

Hey ladies,

I forgot to introduce myself. I posted briefly yesterday. I'm new here (bio in the bio thread). I'm a 21 5th year undergrad at Northeastern University in Boston. I have been fighting a dual battle of the bulge as well as depression since middle school. I've been on and off diets and medication for the past 4 years. Haven't quite found a successful combination of either yet, but I'm still trying! Currently following my own "healthy eating" plan as well as (trying to remember to) taking Effexor for the depression. The meds aren't really doing a whole lot (I've tried Lexapro before it did similar amounts of nothing). The doc and I are lined up to switch to Welbutrin mid summer, we're just waiting for a calm in the schedule to test the waters.

I'm just looking for people who can relate and support me as I think one of my biggest flaws in this whole battling process has been the lack of adequate support. My mother has been accompanying me through (and highly encouraging) all sorts of crash diets and ultimatley naggin me about my weight since forever (shes just as heavy). Not to mention the fact she doesn't agree with me being on medication for depression (she's anti-meds for EVERYTHING). She's battling depression as well but med-free. I'm learning to not depend on her for support as much as I do because although she means well, she's not the right support for me.

sorry to blab, but that's my story in a (wal)nutshell.

~Jess~
Old 05-10-2006, 11:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

wow last night must have not been the night for sleeping hmmmmmm I can feel your pain - I got very little sleep also.

Hey Leenie - is the boss gone? hugs

Buddly - of course I will pray for Priscilla. Please keep us posted. hugs

Heather - I certainly understand you wanting one whole day to yourself. I remember when my boys were little it seemed that was all I wanted - one whole day to myself - to do absolutely nothing. Is there anyway at all that dh would take the kids out for the day and let you have the house to yourself? Have you asked? sometimes our dh's will do anything they can once they know exactly what we want or need. hugs

Mazarin - congrats girlie on being off the AD's. I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well. My oldest son has been completely off of everything (except his Armour Thyroid meds of course) for about a month and is doing soooooooooo much better! It is a miracle to us to see him doing so well. We notice so many positive things about him being off the meds. We did not realize how "flat" they made him until he was off of them. I hope you continue to do well girlie. hugs

Liz - I hope you can stay awake at work today and that you get to bed early tonight. hugs

Cin - how ya feeling today girlie? hugs

Tippy - are you drowning in repairs? how ya doing? hugs

Hi Jayarther - nice to meet ya! sounds like you are doing great!

Amanda - I vote that you go ahead qand sleep and leave the apartment til later. it will be there waiting for you.

Hey Jess - nice to meet ya! you weren't blabbing - it was nice to read your story! I hope you find the combination that works for you! this is a great place for understanding and support! hugs

Ok gang - I hope everyone has a blessed day.
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:51 PM   #8  
CIN

Hi Gals!
Wow.How do you keep up with everyone Leens & Cathy? I would have to take notes then write to each one..you all are so sweet not to leave anyone out! That is why I like this room........there is "room" for everyone!

I have made a delicious lunch.worked on it yesterday and this morning. Trying to "duplicate" a favorite chicken salad I get at a local place here.

I made made from scratch chicken salad with grapes and pecans.....am serving it on a plate of lettuce and spinach with mandarin oranges,bacon crumbled,chopped up hard boiled eggs & tiny tomatoes! The chicken sald has chilled overnight! Yummy! Now I need to shower and get dressed since it is going on 1 PM and I am in my gown! Ha!

I am going to attend church tonight so I decided to stay in today!

I am feeling great!!!!!

Wish all of you could join me for lunch.it is going to be good!

Glad my Weight Watcher members are not coming! Ha! Ha!

Later taters!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:52 PM   #9  
Workin' My *** Off!

Cathy, I probably would go sleep, but I've been putting off cleaning for the past 3 days...and I can't stand it anymore...but I really can't get motivated to do anything.... Procrastination is a word I know VERY well. We're Best friends! Haha!

Jess, you're going to school in Boston!!! I LOVE Boston....I grew up in that area...do you know where Lowell is? I grew up close to there. I miss it! Now I live in Ontario...hate it! Nice to meet you by the way!
Old 05-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #10  

Funny story...so I used to live in Ontario. I was born in London...hehe...small world, eh?
Old 05-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #11  
Hot Mama

CIN-lol on not being able to keep up with everyone. I am the same! I often have to scroll up and reread the posts. I'm so glad you are feeling good.

Welcom Jess and Jayarthur-Glad you are here. You'll love it!

I am doing so great. The lamictal is working wonders. I am really nervous about hubby coming home though. Less than 2 weeks now! For those who are new, he has been in Iraq since Jan., and we so NOT have a good marriage. We've been married 15 years, have 3 kids, and he is very controlling and manipulating, and I have low enough self esteem that it is very hard for me to stick up for myself.

Well, I went shopping with dd yesterday. I decided to do away with all the body engulfing clothes, and dress like I am sexy and beautiful. What a difference it makes! I feel so much better about myself.

Well, off to pick up my boys. The went fishing with my dad yesterday so I could shop. Are grandparents great or what! My daughter, 13, and I had so much fun.

Talk to you all later. Have a wonderful day.
Marciet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:25 PM   #12  
Workin' My *** Off!

Marcie,

I'm so glad you went out and bought some new clothes! Isn't that fun! We often get stuck in a rut with things like that, and then we feel like a slob, at least I do, and feel blah about myself. You are a very strong women! Remember that! You have the ability to make your own decisions, to do your own thing. I admire you for taking care of your kids the way you do....just don't ever forget to take care of YOU!!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 08:49 PM   #13  
Hot Mama

Wow. I hit the ground again this afternoon. I totally didn't expect it because I have been doing so well. But I just crashed. Of course, this time I know it's only a matter of time before I feel better again, and that makes it a bit easier to deal with. I just want to go to bed and pull the covers over my head till it goes away.

I was thinking about my hubby coming home, and getting so nervous. A month or two before he left he told me how boring sex with me was. I just want to cry now, thinking of how I'm going to feel like I'm being graded again. I'm so glad I have you here so I can get these things off my chest.

I think I'll go cry now.
Marciet is offline   Reply With Quote