Old 05-01-2004, 02:45 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Maybe I should rephrase what I said.... From what I have seen in my life time sometimes the people I have dealt with have been easily lead or mis-lead. The whole low-carb phenomena is an example, for those who are un-educated (and are unaware that they are uneducated) it is easy to influence them into buy things they think are better for them. Not talking about fad purchasing or such but think about the rage "low-fat" had/has promoted. When a great deal of low-fat products are no better for you than the regular versions.

I guess I should not of written "stupid" it should of been un-educated. But I do know some really stupid people, most of them frequent my emergency rooms on nights that I work.
Amyjo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 01:41 PM   #32  
Head Princess

Well, it begins..........

Quote:
McDonald's gets low-carb Coke

No. 1 fast-food chain to offer new C2 cola in a limited number of its restaurants.
June 11, 2004: 10:41 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - McDonald's Corp., the No .1 fast-food chain that's been on a mission to its revamp its image, said it will offer Coca-Cola's new low-carb "C2" cola in a limited number of its restaurants.

Oak Brook- Ill.-based McDonald's (MCD: Research, Estimates), announced late Thursday that the company is sampling C2 in about 27 restaurants in five markets, including Atlanta, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and Orlando.

"We're responding again to what our consumers are telling us they want," Don Knauss, McDonald's chief operating officer of its North America division, said in a statement.

Added Knauss, "Today's consumers are looking for choices that fit their lifestyles. They want to keep enjoying the special cola taste that Coca-Cola delivers, but with the option of a lower-carb, lower-calorie soft drink. Coca-Cola C2 gives that freedom of choice."

McDonald's and other fast food chains have come under increasing attack from health and nutrition experts -- and have been the target of class-action lawsuits -- alleging their hamburgers and french fries are a major cause of obesity.

Coca-Cola's new low-carb "C2" cola debuted nationwide this week.
The company said it's sampling the new drink from Friday through Sunday at participating locations where customers will be offered either a free C2 with any purchase or a 12 ounce can of C2 with the purchase of a McDonald's extra value meal.

A limited number of restaurants will offer C2 as a fountain beverage beginning June 11.

McDonald's will decide whether or not to make C2 a permanent addition to its fountain beverage choices once it completes the test phase.

Coca-Cola (KO: Research, Estimates), the world's largest beverage company, launched C2 nationwide this week. According to Coke, the new cola has about half the carbohydrates, calories and sugar of regular cola.

Coca-Cola's new low-carb "C2" cola debuted nationwide this week.
The company said it's sampling the new drink from Friday through Sunday at participating locations where customers will be offered either a free C2 with any purchase or a 12 ounce can of C2 with the purchase of a McDonald's extra value meal.

A limited number of restaurants will offer C2 as a fountain beverage beginning June 11.

McDonald's will decide whether or not to make C2 a permanent addition to its fountain beverage choices once it completes the test phase.

Coca-Cola (KO: Research, Estimates), the world's largest beverage company, launched C2 nationwide this week. According to Coke, the new cola has about half the carbohydrates, calories and sugar of regular cola.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 03:48 PM   #33  
Baby Steps

Where the are they REALLY getting this "what our consumers want" ? Jeez, I can think of TONS of stuff I'd rather have than a lowERED carb drink!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 10:49 AM   #34  

Well there it was, in my little hometown grocery store..LC Coke? in 12 packs, on sale for 2$?????? why not just revise diet coke with a sweetner other than apertame? thats my question..
dragnlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 11:22 AM   #35  
Baby Steps

My sister was commenting on this. She thought because mom and I are still on Atkins we'd just LOVE to know this. Mom looks at her and says "diet pepsi's ALWAYS been no carbs." I told her it was for people that wanted lowER carb but not diet.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote