Old 04-17-2004, 07:54 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 6"

Default Weekend Chat

Good Morning Everyone,
I couldn't sleep this morning. Today is my sisters wedding and I have the jitters. It was all fine until we went through the rehearsal last night. The aisle actually goes down hill and I have to stand on a step the width of my feet put together. Now that doesn't sound all to bad on its own, but I am going to be in heels! I never wear heels and I'm lucky if I can walk a straight line in them let alone do a balancing act, so yup I'm a tad nervous. The last thing I want to do is fall and be seen on America's funniest home videos
So I have a busy busy day today, I'm hoping to put my hubby in shock because I actually look pretty good in the dress, when I went in for alterations she took it out an inch on the hips and bust line. I think I dropped a couple inches because now its a tad to big on me. Thank heavens for safety pins! I am going to try to post pictures afterwards so everyone can take a peek at who they've been chatting with all this time. Okie Dokie, I have to paint my nails and wash up, only an hour left before the day begins. Hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys this lovely weather we all seem to be getting hit with
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:54 AM   #2  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning!

EEK! Trazzie! A wedding!! How exciting!!!! I'm sure you will do fine walking and standing. The last wedding I was in was a very very small one in a basement. The bride and I had a set of stairs to come down to get to the site of the ceremony. Yeah, good friend that she is she made me go down holding her hand so if she fell.... she could pull me with her! We made it down the stairs just fine. Congrats on your sister's marriage though!! I can't wait to see the pictures. I love being able to put a face with a personality.

As for me... the CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) exam yesterday was so unbelievably easy that I'm afraid I might have failed it. You know.... the kind of test where you think it was super easy and then got a bunch wrong because they were trickier questions than they seemed?? At any rate, I got done with it in half an hour and headed to see my bf who ended up NOT having the interview yesterday. It will be next Friday. Please say a prayer for him, he doesn't interview well but he's just the best guy on the whole darned planet and he's so worried about getting a job so we can start saving for a ring.... and a wedding... that I think he's going to give himself an ulcer!!
It's such a beautiful day already I can't decide what I'm gonna go and do but I know I'm gonna go outside and play!!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:57 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Everyone,

Trazzie don't worry you'll be just fine at the wedding and almost 40 lbs lighter, YOU ROCK!!!! bet you'll look beautiful in your dress, hope you'll share pictures. Have a good time

Rhonda I'm so happy the test was easy, you go girl, but I know what you mean when things are easy, its almost like...... Was that a trick question ??? and you start to wonder.

Have a beautiful weekend all
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:03 AM   #4  
Total Sass Bucket

Leenie Have a beautiful weekend!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:07 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Trazzie: Have fun WOWing the DH!! I can't wait to see the pictures. You'll do fine on the step

Shimma: Glad the test went well and hope the BF does well on his interview. I think I stink at those also. I get all nervous and end up sounding more stupid than I (feel I) am. Have a great weekend!!

Leenie: Hope you have a good weekend as well!!

Well, WI day went swell. Down a pound--now only if it stays off. And the shocking part is it dropped off during TOM so I'm hoping NEXT WI is even better But I'm not holding my breath. Nothing much planned for this weekend. I SHOULD clean the house. It's still a pigstye. But at least I know where everything is I'm thinking of throwing the contacts in again. Maybe my eyes'll get used to them and I can wear them all day instead of 1/2 a day. When I was cleaning my glasses one of the lenses popped out. I managed to put it back in so I'm hoping it doesn't do that again!! Otherwise I'll have to get new ones. UGH
Have a great weekend everyone
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 10:02 AM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning gals!!

Trazzie good luck at the wedding!!!

Hi Leenie !!!!!

Shimma I am sure you did great on the CNA test!

Breanda GREAT JOB on the pound!!! I still have not stepped back on the scale since before my easter mess up.

Well off to the gym I will talk to you later!!

TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 10:35 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Happy Saturday

They are calling for some serious Thunderstorms here today....so Im sure it will be another very slow day at the store \

Trazzie~ you'll beautiful, and the thought of you wowing your hubby, put a big ole smile on my face. Have fun girlie!

Shimma~ Im sure you did great.....when do you find out the results?

Brenda~ wtg on the lb loss during tom.....Ive been pms'ing for 3 weeks and have been fighting the food demons every day of those 3 weeks!! Good for you!!

TG and Leenie and all to come

Well, I havent got much done on the kitchen, but I did remember to take a few pictures of it with some bits of the old wallpaper on it. So hopefully by tuesday, I'll be able to take the "afters" and you can see how it went!

Met a new neighbour yesterday, he moved in right across the street specifically because there are alot of kids on the street. He used to walk up here with his daughter all the time, and thought it would be a great place to live. So as soon as something opened up, he jumped in. Perfect too, he has a little girl my dd age!!

Thats about it in my little corner of the world.

Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 10:47 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

Robin: That's great that your DD will have someone new around to play with

TG: Have fun @ the gym and have a great weekend!

OMG. I didn't even tell you all. I did SO bad yesterday on eating. I had good intentions...but I ended up making some Atkins banana muffins (2 carbs each so it says)....and ate 2 of them. Then I proceeded to eat the other 1/2 of the container of pistacchios. I've GOT to quit buying those things!!! So I've got to do my best to keep on track from now on!!!
Old 04-17-2004, 01:01 PM   #9  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good MOrning!

I got to sleep in a bit today so I am feeling GREAT!!

Trazzie - Yu will be great at the wedding and I cant to see a picture!

Rhonda - I know you did fabulous on that test! Have a fun day in the sun!

Leenie - Are you cooking??

Brenda - WOO HOO on the weght loss! It will stay off.. You and I are on the same TOM cycle I think.. although I am still late.. I have house cleaning on the adgenda today.. along with laundry! What are we going to do with you and the Atkins muffins! I dont buy that stuff yet because I know I will have issues with them!

TG - Have fun at the gym!

Robin - Hope it isnt too slow in the store! I cant wait to see your kitchen pics! We are going to have some showers here, but not thunderstorms.. I HOPE!

Well, off to start the cleaning! I hope all have a great weekend!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 07:10 PM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

Hi ladies,
Sometimes I just hate my DH (I really love him but damn he can be a pin in the Butt!!)
He got me so upset today just being a stubborn a**hole that I am soooo wanting to eat right now, but I am just keeping in mind, the eating will only hurt me not him, so I am not, I am cooking some chicken right now.

On a lighter note I had a great work out and did 7 miles today, DH being so crabby fueling my work out fire, I should have done a boxing class!!! ahahahaha
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:19 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

Karen: Any clues why you're late? Is that normal? And I know, those muffins are a killer--but I've got to put something new in the way I eat once in a while. And a muffin here and there shouldn't hurt right??

TG: Sorry to hear about your DH. Sounds like a normal man thing Congrats on conquering the urge to eat!! I don't think I'd be able to so you're a great inspiration!!!

Well, my mom and I went for a walk today. Not sure how far. At least 2 miles she said--possibly 2.5 so I logged that in...then she "treated" us to a lowcarb ice cream bar (did I mention it's HOT out today??). Said 2 grams carbs--but that was minus the SUGAR ALCOHOLS. I'm figuring I don't care (much) what the scale says anymore--I want to lose inches now!!! I want this belly gone so I can get my bellybutton pierced!! lol. It was such a GREAT day!! It's supposed to storm tonight and rain/storm all day tomorrow. OMG! I almost forgot to mention---I felt SOOO great (even after eating the ice cream) that I went outside and played a game of HORSE w/my dad and DD!!! I was running around like a kid and NOT EVEN WINDED!! That was SUCH a great feeling! I love it!!
Old 04-18-2004, 09:24 AM   #12  
Baby Steps

It's Sunday morning. Dreary outside. We're under wind advisories for later in the day. I'm feeling SUPER lazy (more than usual) today and I'm trying to figure out how to kick my butt in gear. I really need to get this house cleaned (at least in a semi-clean state anyway instead of disaster area state). *yawn* but I feel like crawling back into bed---even though I'm not tired. I am--yet I'm not. Ya know what I mean? Maybe I'll just tackle the clothes today--and get the kids to vaccuum and sweep the floors. maybe that'll be good enough.
Hope you all are having a good day
Old 04-18-2004, 12:13 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone,
The wedding was great and I looked fantastic! At least I thought so anyway.. I got alot of compliments from people but my DH only said "You look nice" OYE.. Hes a wonderful man but horrible at giving compliments I was actually surpised I even got one to tell you the truth. Anyway, at the reception I decided to eat anything I wanted, but it didn't turn out so bad at all. I had 1 1/2 dinner rolls, the taters and stuffing didn't taste all that great so I didn't eat them.. and then when it came to cake time I grabbed a big ole hunk of chocolate, prepared myself for indulgence and just about gagged when I put it in my mouth. It was so sickening.. so sweet it left the worst taste in my mouth.. I've been looking forward to that cake for 2 months now and I couldn't even eat it. It irked me just about as much as it excited me , but it's all good because it really showed me how much my tastes have changed. So over all food wise didn't go all that bad.. but free beer wise is a different story all together I guess Wednesday's weigh-in will tell it all.
Today I'm heading over to my mothers house, my sister will be doing gift openings over there today and while I'm there I'm hoping to get some pictures posted online that they took from the digital. I also have to squeeze in some time to fix the fuel filter on the van.. this one car stuff has to end.. DH is driving me nuts! So I hope you all have a wonderful day and I hope your weather is turning out as gorgeous as it is here.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 02:29 PM   #14  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Brenda - I am always late! I have Endometriosis and PCOS.. so that is just me.. I am later some months than others.. but I am always at least a week late... but the doctor wants me to still track at 28 days... So I am ALWAYs Late!

GOOD FOr You Trazzie! I am proud of how you did! I am sure weigh in wont be bad at all!

Today is pretty drizzly but DH is out washing the cars!

Dont know what I am going to do the rest of the day.. but I'll try checking in later!

Hugs!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 06:23 PM   #15  
Baby Steps

I got my house somewhat cleaned today. I'm so happy!!! We all kicked butt and did a lot of stuff. There's tons left to do but it looks habitable anyway!! OMG I couldn't believe where I found dust bunnies! They were HUGE!!!! Guess I hadn't dusted under there in ages But it's time to go and catch a tv show and maybe think about a light supper. See ya all tomorrow