Old 04-08-2004, 08:26 PM   #1  

Default I think I Have really screwed up my diet today...

Ok well the last 2-3 days actually I haven't been home much trying to improvise for fast food, so yesterday I ate a taco salad and a subway salad. That's it damn I was hungry.

Then today I was basically dehydrated i didn't drink ANYTHING until about 2:00 since I was in a press confrence allll day and they gave all the water out so I DRANK DIET PEPSI wow did it taste good.. but I think that screwed it up I had only 1 can. But still. Then I had some develed eggs I think there is mayo and mustard in there? I had equiv of 1.5 eggs of that. Then I went to subway for another salad!
on the way out i read "salads not appropreate for induction phase of atkins"!
CRAP! I am pretty much useless!! I really need to start this again! I need to plan my days better, I am also VERY EXHAUSTED LATLEY wow! I am also latley running on 2-3 hours of sleep a night i am in pretty bad shape right now.

Maybe I should go with e-diets so they can tell me EXACTLY what to eat each day I really could careless what I am eating, as long as I actually do get to eat! and to make sure it is atkins friendly....

Any advise would be great!
frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 08:44 PM   #2  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Just take some time, maybe this weekend and plan out a few weeks worth of meals. While it might take the whole day, you will have a plan and will not fall off. You can even cook and freeze some dishes to heat up for lunch or supper. Ediets will just cost money and if you know how to do the plan, you can make up the menus yourself. I understand it is hard when you are not prepared. Hope this helps.
ozziesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:14 PM   #3  
Goal by Aussie Summer!

whew! I got a HUGE chocolate Easter egg at work yesterday (cadbury's, oh so yummy) But I took it home to DBF and he thoroughly enjoyed it, as well as my envy pangs seeing him eat it! I'm SO proud of myself, chocolate is my weakest link.

Never mind, Frodo, tomorrow is another day! Ozziesgirl is right, you need to be organised to survive, especially on induction, it seems.
RavenL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:35 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 6"

Frodo,
You haven't messed anything up. Deviled eggs with mayo, mustard and all are allowed on induction. Just be sure it is mayo and not miracle whip As far as the salads, well I haven't personally had one of the subway salads but I think I remember you mentioning that it contains sauce? Ask for it without the sauce! Bring your own dressing or ask what the lowest carb dressing is they offer, I'm sure they have a packet of ranch laying around (thats usually pretty safe).. and the taco salad? well you never ate the shell did you?
Ok now breath you are doing just fine, just try to take a tad bit more time planning meals. Pack your own salad, make large meals with lots of left overs and what ever happened to the chicken? That one can of diet pepsi probably wont even effect you, and if it does, it may only slow you down a tad.. nothing that will throw this WOE out the window.
Now I think you need to take a nice hot shower and head to bed.. a good nights sleep always does wonders
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:42 PM   #5  
Goal by Aussie Summer!

I've been drinking 1-2 cans of diet coke or diet pepsi per day, plus the occasional cup of coffee...I hope the caffeine isn't holding me back too much.
RavenL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 10:09 AM   #6  
Head Princess

That whole subway salad thing is confusing to me. How are there that many carbs in there? There's only 1-3 grams of carbs in the dressings. Frodo - what kind of salad did you have? The spinach salad is only 6 grams of carbs - and the most nutrient - dense on of the bunch. Just so you know

Aside from that - Ozziesgirl is right. Plan your meals ahead of time so you're not caught. Also, do some research and find what's around so you know where to go and what to get if you are caught unprepared.

Using the food log helps me alot. I put down my whole eating plan for the day. It just helps to keep me from getting "lost".
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 06:53 PM   #7  

thank you
this long weekend is great!

Yes I do need to plan the meals, but I am not very creative! and apparently nothing on the atkins website is ok for induction, so I am kind of confused...
frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:35 AM   #8  
Head Princess

Yeah I was confused too until I decided that there are actually 2 inductions.

There's the induction where you stick strictly to the list of allowed foods. That lasts at least 2 weeks.

Than there's the induction where you're allowed more variety, but you still stay under 20 grams per day.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:25 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

I've always liked the "2 induction" rule. That allows a bit more leeway after the 2 weeks. But I've also figured I can't stick to strict induction even though my body isn't losing weight. But I'm giving it my best shot.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote