Old 04-06-2004, 10:32 AM   #1  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Thumbs up Thought for the Day - 4/6/2004

Hi gang!

I subscribe to Tawni Gomes' NO More Excuses Thought of the Day List. Tawni is the founder of Connecting Connectors based on Oprah's book, "Making the Connection". She also has her own book "No MOre Excuses". Her Book is fabulous!

Anyway I loved her thought for today so I wanted to share it! If you want to learn more about her or subscribe here is the link Connecting Connectors

Quote:
Thought for the day: Tuesday, April 6th, 2004

Hello Connectors!

Here's my Thought for the day;

Good Morning Connectors!

Here's my Thought for the Day:

"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall
don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it,
go through it, or work around it."
---------------Michael Jordan

I get asked all the time what "clicked" for me THIS time?
How did I FINALLY make myself "get off the couch"

Of course this is different for every body because we're all very different. I had read all the books and would even be "inspired" after reading a good book, but, I never "connected" to the Hard work, sacrifices and discipline to make it all work.

IN fact I KNEW I wasn't disciplined so I had already convinced myself "it" would NEVER work.

Please don't fall into that trap. The DISCIPLINE comes "from doing it" I certainly didn't wake up one morning and walk out my front door and FEDERAL EXPRESS had left a package of Discipline, Courage, and Self Confidence on my door step.

Doesn't work that way! Lord we all wish it did, huh?

At this time in my life, there's so much to be grateful for and I am. And so much to learn. It seems odd to me that most of my life I hid what I weighed, what size clothes I wore and what I ate.

And now, almost daily, I"m asked, "What do you weigh?, What do you eat? And what size clothes do you wear?

I guess it's all perspective! All part of the journey.

Please don't COMPARE yourself to anyone else on this journey. This is just another form of an EXCUSE to keep you "on the couch."

Don't fall into that trap! Get up, get yourself Dressed and DO WHAT YOU CAN DO! And build from there.

Only judge yourself and YOUR abilities from where YOU are starting from.

The very last person in every race I watched this weekend was dead last, and you know what? They were in the race and gave it what they had. I wouldn't have been able to keep up with the LAST person. So, what? I can run around the same track (and I have) and give it what I"ve got that day.

You can create your dreams and make them all come true!

It takes HARD work! Are you willing to take a tiny step toward your future?

YOU CAN DO IT!

Don't let those silly little obstacles get in your way!
We're here to SHOW you ways around those obstacles!

Believe in Yourselves!

NO MORE EXCUSES!

Love,
TAWNI
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:54 AM   #2  
Head Princess

Great thought! Thanks for sharing!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 01:10 AM   #3  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Thanks Karen. I used to get her daily email but I never got a chance to read them so I ended up cancelling. I have her book too and it is one that helped me mentally make some changes in my life. She has a great story!
Kim in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 01:25 AM   #4  
Look at me go ;)

Thanks for sharing! I have never heard of her but what she says does make a lot of sense I have been "inspired" by a lot of things but this is the first time I have really put 110% into doing something and making a total life turnaround.
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 03:45 PM   #5  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Im glad this is motivating for some of you! Randi - Tawni will be featured on the May 2004 Good Housekeeping magazine. She will be on the cover with Bob Greene, the co-Autor of "Making the Connection"
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote