Old 03-29-2004, 11:23 AM   #16  
Mouth of the South

T.G. Yeah for you!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:36 AM   #17  
Total Sass Bucket

Hiya gang, I'm back:

Southerngirl: Hang in there, I KNOW you can do it! Sometimes it's really easy to slip up... but the important thing is that you get back on track!!

Trazzie: OMG, I cannot even express how awful I feel that your DD has to go through losing a friend in such a way. It's got to be such a huge shock. I'll keep you guys and her family in my prayers.

Mrs. H: Congrats on the 2 lbs!

Jane:

Theo's Girl: Size 18!!!

Thanks for all of the encouragement about my induction and my BF. I do realize that 10 years down the road I'll be wishing he would just LEAVE... but hey... it's new love... ya gotta sympathize. Be back later to read up on all yer chattin!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:44 AM   #18  
Mouth of the South

Trazzie, give DD this from me! I am so sorry to hear that. I will keep your DD in my prayers
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:50 PM   #19  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wink Back To Basics

HI All,

Well after a weekend of debauchery - I mean hi carb fressing I am trying to get back to STRICT INDUCTION, and joinShimma and Southerngirl and Mrs H in our continued[efforts to stay on the low carb bandwagon. We can be strong together (and there are treats in our kitchen at work today - like cupcakes and cookies and tarts and just the smell is enuf to drive you crazy!)

I also felt awful yesterday after inhaling popcorn and licorice at the movies - of course no dinner for me...too bloated and fat feeling. I am up on the scale which is depressing me so I am going to resist temptation and stick to the basics for a couple of weeks (Unfortunately Passover and my birthday are looming and will have to be dealt with accordingly! )

Leenie - what a whirlwind of activity and cleaning you are!!! I am truly impressed - I don't think I could get all that done in a month, let alone a weekend!

Weather here too is shaping up (altho we have had snow in April) and it may be time to break out the walking shoes and head outdoors to the park?

Trazzie - sorry to hear about dd's friend - how horrible that must be! A nightmare for every parent of a teenager - I am always so worried when my eldest ds get depressed!

Theo's girl - Big CONGRATS on your new style and size! Way to go - bet that feels great!

Jane - thanks for the guacamole recipe - I simply LOVE guacamole (especially since getting back from Mexico! )

Catgirl - glad you enjoyed the food - but you will notice things don't taste quite the same as you remember them!

I am scared of carbs now as I feel like I have lost control over myself. I wish I had that "willpower" or determination I had when I first started!!! I also want to know "what's wrong with me"....... I definitely do not want to gain back the weight I have already lost but my resolve has been crumbling recently. I know if I can make it thru two weeks of induction I will be much happier with myself, scale will move and it will get easier - just need to tough it out I guess?

Also trying to plan my meals and keep fridge well stocked so I can grab "safe" foods whenever I get hungry.

Happy Monday to all!

Froufy

Last edited by Froufy; 03-29-2004 at 12:53 PM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:58 PM   #20  
Head Princess

Hey there everyone!

Well, it's my last week of blindness, it's gorgeous outside, and I finally feel human again! I've still got this yucky chest cough, but I'm functional and for that I'm grateful.

My eye surgery's on Friday and I've got my pre-op tomorrow afternoon. I'm so excited!!!

DH all of a sudden got completely wonderful on Friday and pampered me for 2 days. I started feeling better yesterday until we took the doggies to a park. Then I started having major hot flashes (I call them power surges) and feeling sick to my stomach. The sick to my stomach is gone, but the power surges are still with me. Strange.

We had a bachelor-friend who lives on take out over for dinner last night. I grilled steaks, made grilled zucchini w/basil, and then we had sliced strawberries with freshly made whipped cream for dessert. Yummy! I had to wash my hands five billion times while cooking because I kept coughing, but it turned out so good. I love cooking for people

I'll be back later!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 01:01 PM   #21  
Head Princess

Froufy!

Don't feel too bad! I threw it all overboard for 2 days because I just felt like and couldn't bring myself to make anything. I had jojo's one day and popcorn another day. There was even a piece of fried chicken involved.

My only consolation is that I did stay away from the McDonald's hamburger and small fries that I've been wanting so badly.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:36 PM   #22  

Hi Froufy, it is so nice to have you back. Mmmmmmm popcorn.

I am dying for an illegal snack for some reason today....don't know why. I am so afraid to cheat on anything these days. The only thing I indulge in is the alcohol But those Goldfish in the vending machine are calling my name today.

Star: I bet you are so excited about Friday. I am just starting to need glasses to read once in a while so I can only imagine how you are going to feel when it is all said and done. I know my dh would love to have it done and seeing (no pun intended) him stuggle to see all the time is hard.
Dinner sounds wonderful! I should ask you.....I am dying to make crab cakes tonight but I don't want to use the pork rinds for the breading. I saw a recipe for them without ANY breadcrumbs (low carb or not) but I don't know if I would like them that way. Do you have any suggestions? I have some Panko bread crumbs in the kitchen and they are lower than most dried bread crumbs but still.................
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 02:00 PM   #23  
Head Princess

You know me, I always have suggestions!

Have you tried Keto Crumbs? They're a little dry, but will work. Actually, I just make my own now if I need to. Just put some LC bread in the oven and bake them until they dry out, crumble, and voila! Bread crumbs!
Old 03-29-2004, 02:48 PM   #24  

Thanks Star. I did try the Keto crumbs and didn't like them...well at least they didn't "add" anything to my recipe. But I was thinking I have a 7-Grain roll in the freezer that could be baked dry and ground up.....maybe that will work.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:06 PM   #25  
Baby Steps

Trazzie: Sorry to hear about your DD's friend. I can't even imagine that! And I can't imagine how her parents are feeling. There are wishes/prayers that children NEVER be depressed enough that they resort to suicide as an answer. But God has other ideas for them. Hugs and prayers to you, your family and theirs!.

Michele: Stress'll kill your intentions every time. Relax. You've had enough to deal with. Now that you're getting to the "tail end" of it, you'll be able to handle the program

Shimma: I can sympathise with you when your BF goes away. Even though I'm married (been married for 15 yrs) I still miss DH even if he's gone for a couple days! Chin up! One day gone, 4 more to go and you'll see him again

Jane: For some reason I'm handering for another Bicardi O!! It's WAYY too early for me to indulge in that though. lol I'm gonna have to check out your recipe for chili. I made some last night for the DD's and I even had a spoon full--minus noodles and beans (blech! What's chili w/out beans and noodles?)

Star: Lucky you! I'd love to have the surgery but I can't afford it anytime soon. Maybe when I'm 50

Froufy: Add me to the list of people going back on induction. It seems to be the only way I can lose weight. Hm...maybe I should have a cookie first

Catgirl:

TG: Congrats on the capris! I'm trying to get the guts to try new clothes on. I haven't been able to yet! (From the store anyway)

Mrs. H: Glad you had fun at the flea market! I haven't been to one in years!

Trazzie: Congrats on leaving the doughnuts alone. That alone deserves a treat

If I've missed anyone: Lunch went ok. I ordered a taco salad. Figured I wouldn't eat much but it was the lesser of all the evils on the menu. I didn't eat the "bowl". And I didn't even eat 1/2 of the innards. It was OP food. Mostly made up of lettuce. A "sprinkling" of cheese, onions, meat and tomatoes. I wanted hot sauce to liven it up a little but they didn't have any. What type of restaurant was THAT? jeesh. I left the chips on the plate. And I had them wrap it up and took it all home. Then I took some leftover taco meat (made it last night), heated that up, threw some of the lettuce from the lunch on it and ate it. THAT was my lunch. I know where NOT to go again! Well, I'm gonna go and do the WATP tape and see if I can do a mile there.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:18 PM   #26  

Ok, I just took my chocolate soy sugar free soy milk and heated it up!!!!

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM and warm
Old 03-29-2004, 04:02 PM   #27  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Thanks to everyone for all the good vibes - and any one else who wants to jump on for a re-induction - climb on up!

I know I am in induction cuz I am STARVING - none of that ketosis appetite suppressant for me. I am so hungry and trying hard to stay on track. Just went downstairs and bought a double decaf cafe americano (to which I added cream and sf vanilla syrup) and some cheese curds (this is after my lunch and a snack of some egg salad and 3 pepperoni sticks).....a bottomless pit.

Star - good luck with the pre-op and surgery - I bet you are so excited. Does this mean you will no longer need to wear glasses/contacts??? My dh wears glasses is just blind without them! (He tried contacts but hated those a lot!).

Brenda - sounds like you did great at lunch! I would have had a hard time not nibbling at the taco bowl. Good for you!

Counting the minutes til I get to go home and eat supper - early dinner I guess - ha ha, won't be able to wait for dh to get home to eat! I'm ravenous and it's only 4 pm!

YIKES!
Beware of the mad, teeth baring, stomach growling FROUFY!
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 04:44 PM   #28  
Baby Steps

What's a "double decaf cafe americano"?? I'm thirsty for some hot cocoa. I have some Walden Farms chocolate syrup (no carbs. YEAH!!!!) that I think I'll dump in some water and heat up. That should take care of that problem. YUMMY! I did the WATP tape and it was fun. I was kind of disappointed that it was over. But I know I'm gonna feel it tomorrow. My legs aren't used to that type of exercise. I don't think my legs felt like this even after tae bo!! WOW! I can see myself doing that a couple times a week! Well, I'm off to go make myself a chicken breast and the DD'S a pizza.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 04:49 PM   #29  
Head Princess

Ah, Froufy! Hang in there, baby!

And you're right, there will be no more contacts or glasses for this Princess! Yippee! How bad are the hubby's eyes? I'm not sure how it translates into 20/_____ vision, but I'm at a -6 in one eye and -7 in the other. I know they can correct up to a -13 with the laser surgery now.

Yee-haw!!!!
Old 03-29-2004, 05:24 PM   #30  

Height: 5' 6"

I wanted to thank you all for the warm wishes to my daughter, I will personally convay every message to her. It worries me the most because once one does it there are usually others who follow thinking this is what needs to be done. Needless to say I will be keeping a close on her, I don't think I could bare to go through what this girls parents are. She went to the funeral with a friend and only wanted me to drop them off. I felt bad that I didn't just go anyway, I really wanted to be there for her.. but I think this is something she needs to do with "the friends" and not her mom (if that made sense) She was getting a ride home with another friend and they haven't made it yet, I'm kind of worried but I'm sure they are just gathering for a brunch or something afterwards.

Anyway on a lighter note <--thats me! I pulled a pair of black jeans out of my closet today and put em right on.. SIZE 18!!! YAHOO, ok I am excited about this.. it is the smallest size I have left in my closet.. next I have to start shopping!! They are a tad tight and short.. yes I'm waiting for the flood.. BUT IM WEARING THEM!!

Ok off to the grocery store.. sorry I didn't get much time for personals.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote