Old 03-26-2004, 07:33 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Friday 3/26

Morning all. I'd still be in bed but I need to get the youngest ready for the bus and off to school. Then it's back to bed for me. Not because I'm sick. But because I'm tired. Not as tired as I SHOULD be with as little sleep as I got last night. Oldest DD and I (took her so she could chatter and keep me awake. Boy that child was quieter than a field mouse!) left at 8:00 to go pick up my parents at the airport. She's never been IN one before. So we get there at 8:45 (when their plane was SUPPOSED to land)....only to find out it was gonna get in 1/2 hour later. THEN 1/2 hour later it was 15 more minutes. THEN it ended up another 10. Add the landing time, departure, and it was another 15. So I actually didn't get home until...oh heck I don't even know anymore I was so tired!! Add to that it was pouring and getting foggy and that means a VERY tense drive! So DD is going back to bed after breakfast (she's getting excellent grades (so far) so we figured she could miss a day). I'm getting youngest DD off to school and then I'll eat breakfast and see if I can catch a few more zzz's.
So it's off to start the day
to all that come in today
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 07:50 AM   #2  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Brenda: So sorry about your airport delays. You know, I don't think I've ever been on a flight that was less than 15 minutes delayed!!!

Well, I'm back from being MIA for the majority of this week. Nothing in particular is wrong, just terribly busy. I'm trying to get ready for our trip, which includes cleaning the house for our 3 friends who are going to stay here while we're gone. One of them works from home, which makes him an ideal house sitter! The dogs love him too, which is unusual for at least one of them, so there's an added bonus.

I finally found a dress that appropriately highlights my new figure!! I'm still going to wear Lycra underneath -- hey, I'll take all the help I can get! DH bought a new suit so we're destined to win the best-dressed couple award!

I'm feeling so overwhelmed lately between work and getting ready for this wedding and dd's softball and everything else. The only constant is what's in my fridge and what I put in my mouth. My normal MO is to give in to stress and binge eat, but something is different this time around. Instead, I rely on my WOE to provide sanity in a very insane time.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll check back in during the weekend!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 07:59 AM   #3  

Morning Everyone

Brenda: Sorry to hear about the delays at the airport! But at least you can crawl back into bed and get some zzzzzz's. Enjoy your rest!

Paula: Way to go on not giving into the stress. Sometimes it is very easy to give in, and I am proud of you for not!

Well, it's back to work for me today. Today is my long 12 hour day! Glad those only come once a week. Just wish it wasn't on Friday I had to pull them. But oh well. lol Had a very busy day yesterday on my day off. Got the cleaning done, laundry caught up, got to the nephews ballgame, and went to dinner with my best friend for her birthday. I was soooo tired when all that was finally over. Hope everyone has a great Friday! I will check back in late tonight when I finally get home from work
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 08:49 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Lovely Ladies,

Oh TGIF is right, I am so looking forward to the weekend as usual. They say here in NJ its gonna be B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L can't wait to open the windows and get some fresh air going thru my house LOVE IT!

Other than that no real plans for the weekend. I need to do some house work b/c easter will be upon us soon and I have zilch time during the week for cleaning. Spring is here whooooohoo. I think all my ceiling fans and curtains are gonna get a heavy duty cleaning

Have a wonderful weekend all and get this, I'm still having stomach prob from that NASTY NASTY carb options ice cream I ate wednesday. I will never eat that crap again. Lesson learned (yes Star )
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 09:00 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 6"

Happy TGIF Morning,

I have to break my arm patting myself on the back for a moment. I've been under a great deal of stress lately since all three of my vehicals are having issues. Money doesnt grow on trees but I surely wish it did at this moment. Now usually when I'm this stressed out I eat like a freakin pig, but I am in much more control this time. I had a 30 second thought of screw it I'm going to go to Culver's and indulge in a burger, fries, onion rings and cheese nuggets. I hopped in the van and said "It's not worth it and this is NO excuse" so I didn't go, I got out hopped on my bike and went for a short ride. Whew that moment of insanity nearly got the best of me. So I'm all better now

Sped - Yup I hear ya on the stress thing! I too am trying to find comfort in my WOE and not in sugar. I'm sure you and DH are going to look fantastic! Maybe you can even sneak us up a picture

Brenda - I hate airports, I don't think I've ever picked someone up that actually came in on time. Good thing you can go catch a few more zzz's.

MrsH - Try not to work too hard, 12 hour days suck especially when it's right before a weekend!

Today I took off from work for girlie appointment. After 3 kids and all that come with it I'm still nervous! Go figure! I know this is because of my weight, when I was thinner my biggest concern was "I hope my feet dont stink" Now all I can think about is EEEEWWWWW.
Have a great Friday everyone! Will pop in a bit later.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 09:00 AM   #6  

Good morning all. Couldn't sleep again this morning so I got up and did my 2 mile walk. I hated every minute of it. There is a good thing about it though, I am going out tonight with the girls and at least getting my walk in will make the damage I am going to do tonight not to bad I hope. I will get up and walk tomorrow morning too....hopefully not at 5:00AM.

Well just for kicks I used a ketostix this morning figuring that it should be darker than it used to be because I have been so good and eating only OP and all.......well NO, it was actually lighter than it was when I was on induction. DAMN. My body just fights me every chance it gets!
I know that the sticks aren't the end all to be all but still I would have thought that it would be at least in the middle of the range. I may go to the Atkins web site today and do some research on this............hhhmmmmm

Brenda: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Spedmom: Glad to see you. Where are you going on your trip? Bet that dress looks awesome on you.

Mrs H: 12 hour day! Someone would have to shoot me if I had to do this for 12 hours. 8 hours of my time is more than enough.

Leenie: We are supposed to have nice weather too this weekend. I am hoping to spend some time outside.

Have a good day all....will check in later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 09:01 AM   #7  

Leenie - You snuck in on me Hope your tummy feels better soon and I've taken your experience to heart and will never try it!
Old 03-26-2004, 10:11 AM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Everyone!!

Brenda.....sleep well and late!!

Spedmom~what is this lycra you mention, to wear under your dress? Sounds like something I may be using this summer!!

Trazzie~ My dr. always mentions skiing, and its over before I know it.....works for me Good Luck....and Im sure your feet dont stink.

To all you stress eaters.... on not eating!! You are my heros!! This was one of my new years resolutions, and Im having a terrible time keeping it. At least I recognize it better than I used to. So thats a step in the right direction

Induction is a wonderful thing.....where else can you start a diet and see a 2lb loss in one day!!?? Last night was tough, but after checking my fitday, at 8pm last night, I had only had 898 calories. Good thing, because I was quite hungry, so I had a protein shake and a bit of burger mixture I had in the fridge. Did the trick!

Have a great day
Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:23 AM   #9  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning!!! TGIF!!

Well I am at work then off to the gym and to costco and walmart tonight!! BUsy busy busy!! I am planning a big easter shindig for the family, complete with easter egg hunt!!! have been doing great OP but have not wieghed since TOM is here with a vengence!! But it only lasts 3-4 days so I am 1/2 done!! Feeling pretty good!

Brenda: hope you get some good rest!!

Robin i liked induction after the initial carb toxins wore off, it is great to loose pounds in days!!

Jane good deal on getting your walk done and out of the way!!! GREAT!

Hang in there Trazzie girl!! When it rains it pours! Keep up the good work!

Leenie: mint cho chip taste good but soooo bad for tummy!!! Yeah spring!

Mrs H you are a busy busy lady too!! Hope work is easy today for you!!

Hey Sped!! Great to see you back, sorry things are so busy lately! I am sure you guys will be the best dressed couple!!!

Have a happy Friday ladies!!

Love TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:29 AM   #10  

Jane - a night out with the girls... How fun!! I have issues with the ketostix's as well, when I think it should be light it's dark.. when I think it should be dark it's light.. ack I dont know.. I'm losing so thats all that really matters

Robin - Isn't that amazing when 2 pounds just disappear overnight! I always got a thrill out of that, but now I don't step on the scale everymorning and its to 2 pounds a week.. Hey no complaints tho!!

Theo - I'm grabbin my umbrella because I'm not going to let this dang rain touch me! Your Easter celebration sounds like a blast! I love hunting for eggs! Fun Fun!

I am having a breakfast quite out of the ordianary for me today. I found this Natural Ovens low carb bread.. only 3g per slice and it's quite tastey. So this morning I took out the low carb peanut butter and made 2 slices of peanut butter toast... MMMMMM
You know, I used to be able to eat 4 or 6 slices of toast in the morning no problem, now I cant even get thru 2.. I still have crust left! and I'm completely satisfied and full. It's not until times like this I can REALLY see how much I've changed!
Old 03-26-2004, 10:32 AM   #11  
Mouth of the South

I don't have time for individual responses right now, but I have to brag! TOM just showed up, and my size 18 pants are starting to hang off of me! I can't quite squeeze into a size 16, but soon! I just bought a pair of pants last night for a banquet, and they are looser today than last night! This is too cool! I survived PMS and ate no sugar. YEAH!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday, and an excellent weekend!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:42 AM   #12  
Erica

Good morning everyone! You guys are such an inspiration to me. I fell of the wagon big time last night. I haven't been on the scale yet so I don't know what the damage is. I'll check after I exercise. Tomorrow will be tough too. We're having a family get together with swimming and lots of food. I can do it, I can eat the right things and pass up the bad stuff. I'm motivated to stay on top of things today and not cheat, now if I could just get rid of this cold
Ericad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:59 AM   #13  
Head Princess

Oh-so-sick Star checking in!

Thanks everyone for your well wishes

I'm at work because I'm a contractor (read: no sick time) and I have a big ol' $1000 to slap down for my eye surgery next week in addition to the normal rent and such. Oy! DH is being completely useless and I'm totally irritated at him. Whenever I'm sick, he conveniently becomes sick too, or hurts himself, or has a migrane - anything! That way, he doesn't have to take care of me. Last night he promised to get up in the morning with me and go get me more medicine while I was getting ready. Well, this morning, he just started whining that his back hurt and he thought he should just stay in bed. Grrrrrrrrr! Our friend Tim came by on his way home from work yesterday and brought me get well presents. You'd think that would give DH a little kick in the a$$. Like - hey! this guy's doing more for your wife than you are! But NO...DH just says 'he's such a nice guy'. Argh, argh, ARGH!!! I still want to be a lesbian

Ok, enough ranting. I've now got extra soft tissues with aloe and lotion and I've got major strong medicine that's gonna knock me on my tail, so I'm going home at noon today and dying.

Trazzie - I'm so proud of you! WTG!

to everyone! I'm sorry I can't keep my head on straight enough to do personals. I'll try to check back later.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 12:06 PM   #14  

Hi Ladies!

Well I have a big challenge ahead of me this weekend! I am going to Boston to visit my best friend from high school. I am going to try my hardest to stay on plan, I am bringing a cooler of food with me, but I just know that we will be going out for dinner and drinking tomorrow night and I don't if I'll be able to say NO! But we'll see, I can't do _that_ much damange in one night, right?

I down one pound this week, making me 8 pounds from my goal! Next week I am planning on going to the gym at least 4 times and staying on schedule for 3 weeks until I leave for Florida. And the best news of the day, it is finally warm enough up here in awful upstate NY for SANDALS!! My life is now complete!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
alysonwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 12:51 PM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Aly, I gotta see how far you are from me, I work in NY but live in NJ. Okay I just did, you are 2 1/2 hrs from where I work. I'm on the border of NJ/NY.

Erica, bring some LC food with you, like a platter of cheese & pepperoni, celery sticks & dip, or wings mmmm being prepared it the best thing you can do for you.

Star men are wimps, my dh was never in the hospital until last new years eve, he had to have stitches b/c he almost cut his finger off w/a table saw... well the next few weeks were fun b/c I kept saying to him..... AHHHH WELCOME TO MY WORLD!! now you know how it truly feels to be sick/hurt and at the mercy of others Do they learn.... NOPE! FEEL BETTER, I'd bring you some soup if I could

Catgirl, oh do brag, brag, brag, brag, it gives the rest of us hope

Mrs. H. don't work to hard (oy 12 hrs....ick).

Trazzie, isn't that pnut butter to die for, its one of my fav foods in the world, I could eat a jar in one sitting just w/a spoon. I'm still waiting to find a good lc bread that isn't like rubber.

Theo'sgirl, me too, I have a big Easter celebration at my house w/my side of the family, I LOVE IT...the kids/food and hugs, can't wait. BTW Walmart has some really great candy for easter baskets

Spedmom, its good to see you again. Good for you and hubby, take some pictures, we'd love to see

Brenda your going back to bed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I'm sooooo jealous lol. Enjoy.

Jane, your to funny, I am going to try to do my 2 mile walk tonight and I'll hate every minute of it too. Don't you wish there was something we could do that we would LOVE (well you know what I mean, dirty minds sheeeeesh).

Robin I agree this diet is the best (ooops did I say diet, sorry lol) yesterday for dinner I had a HUGE MONGO burger w/mushrooms and boy was it filling, didn't even need a snack after dinner. LOVE IT!!.

Well girls have a wonderful evening and weekend.

Hugs
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote