Old 03-18-2004, 04:04 PM   #1  

Default Vitamins!

Can anyone recommend a good brand of vitamins? I am biting the bullet and going to start taking them (I am not a big pill person at all!) So any suggestions for good, all purpose kind?

Thanks ladies!!
alysonwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 04:13 PM   #2  
Mouth of the South

Most vitamins are good, just make sure they don't have any added starch in them. I know Atkins brand vitamins are expensive, and I was avoiding buying them, but I feel so much better since I started taking them. They have extra C and B vitamins in them and fruit and veggie vitanutrients. You can go to any health food store and compare. Most vitamins in health food stores have the carb count listed on the back, and most of them are starch and yeast free. You will feel so much better when you start taking them. I promise
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 04:16 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 6"

Aly,
Vitamins Oye! This has been an issue for me, for the past month or so I have been looking for a good .. complete vitamin that contains no iron. (We on Atkins shouldnt be taking extra iron.)
What I have come out with thats working great for me is I take the Atkins Basic 3 and one additional 600mg of Calcium. I swear the added calcium is melting the fat itself, it seems like ever since I started taking it every other day I step on the scale and it's lower.
I would like to replace the Basic 3 (taken 3x per day) with a one a day but havent found one yet minus iron unless its for ages 50+. Maybe I'll just give in and buy those and give them a shot.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 04:40 PM   #4  
Mouth of the South

Trazzie is right about the iron! I just bumped my arm on the bathroom stall, and two seconds later it bruised! I bruise easily, but not that fast!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 05:09 PM   #5  
Head Princess

I use a generic multi, but here's what I look for:

* no iron
* high calcium (I also take an additional calcium supplement)
* lots and lots of B vitamins (protect my liver from that alcohol, also gives extra energy)
* lots of folic acid
* lots of magnesium
* lots of zinc
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 07:11 PM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

I take a regular one a day multi vitamin ( I take mine with iron because I have a tendancy to be anemic so the iron gives me energy)
1200 mg of calcium
1000 mg of vitamin C (great as an antioxident for working out and good for the immune system)
Plus I have been taking fiber capsules to keep me regular and they make you feel full, criticel has a 0 carb option

Then added as needed for restful sleep and stress relief I add on B vitamins
I have a stress relief blend, but if you are having trouble sleeping a 250 mg B-1 works great!! You'll sleep like a baby and wake up REFRESHED!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 08:23 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

OH!! I need something to help me sleep. Wonder if I have any B vitamins. I usually take the Atkins vitamins. It's a matter of I figured it had the necessary stuff in it so I wouldn't accidentally miss out on something I needed.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote