Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 02:02 PM   #1  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default Breakfast help

Hi everyone, I am planning on starting Atkins tomorrow. I am having a heck of a time figuring out breakfast. I am a Oatmeal girl. Anyways I found the Advantage Bars. Can I have these during induction??? Also how come it says 21g of carbs on the back and only to count as 2g??? Sorry to ask so many questions but I am trying to get my head around this for tomorrow.
Thanks
Old 01-19-2004, 02:12 PM   #2  
Head Princess

Hey Hockeychick!

No, Atkins advantage bars are not ok for induction. The carb count thing is an ongoing issue. 21 is the total carb count. Then they subtract out fiber - which is fine because our bodies don't digest or metabolize fiber. BUT then they subtract out sugar alcohols. Sugar alcohols are said not to have an effect on blood sugar levels, but it's important to remember that it is a carbohydrate that is metabolized, so most of us choose to count them. They're also notorious for causing stalls.

There's a thread further down that's all about sugar alcohols. Leens has provided an excellent article there.

Breakfast is an exercise in creativity for most of us. I tend to go with sausage or bacon or cheese or all of it. I'm not real big on eggs, but I do want to try Jina's quiche recipe.

Check out the food logs - there some good ideas in there and you can get some great ideas
Closed Thread