Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 11:30 AM   #61  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Definitely full fat plain yogurt is what you are looking for. I am not sure of brands in the US but I"m sure you can find something. I use a brand called Liberty, the meditaranee version is 10% fat, and very cream and yummy...not at all sour or runny like the low fat versions are.

You can add some of those yummy sf syrups you ordered and enjoy. Do count ALL the carbs (my brand has 4 carbs per half cup) and let us know how you do. Many lowcarbers swear by yogurt helping them lose weight!

Froufy
Old 10-24-2003, 11:33 AM   #62  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Froufy, I can't wait to try the yogurt for breakfast, I'm getting a little tired of eating sausage or bacon (I KNOW, I KNOW). Its only when you can't have it that you miss it right !! lol
Old 10-24-2003, 12:11 PM   #63  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Default Re: FINALLY FRIDAY!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Froufy
Lisa...what's in a Cafe Americano (just decaf espresso I think?) I have iced decaf cafe americanos in summer as they are the only ones at Starbucks which are not pre-sweetend!

Froufy (cold but sunny out today - supposed to rain all weekend)
Okay, all an Americano is is a shot of espresso (or two, three, four whatever) poured into steamed water (LOL!) which then just makes it like a cup of hot coffee - only better. Yesterday, I got a Tall Double Split Half-Decaf Americano with Cream.... and added 3 Splendas.

The caffeine just about killed me, but i had it early enough that I was only up until 11:30 last night!! This is good since I would have been up anyhow. No more of that for a while.

Question on cheating. I don't want to do any planned big cheats for a while (like until Christmas) but was wondering something after reading The Book last night. He says if you eat something with sugar in it, you will immediately revert back to a glucose burning machine and it will take a few days to get back into the fat burning mode. However, if I cheat AND stay in ketosis, do I still turn into a glucose burning machine instead of fat?? I thought that ketosis was one of our clues that we were still burning fat.

Just curious.

So happy it's Friday - my gosh it's been a long week. Leaving work early today!!
Old 10-24-2003, 12:24 PM   #64  
Head Princess

Talking Happy Friday!!!!

Good Morning, Everyone!

Fulfig - I'm DYING over here! Baklava is one of my all time most favorite things in the universe. I know that it would probably make me terribly ill now (sugar does that to me lately) but mmmmmmmmmmmm just thinking about it makes me all tingly.

For you latte drinking chicks - I tend to do a lot of grocery store research so I can better guessimate the carb content of things that don't have labels on them. Half & Half and heavy cream both have 1 gram of carbs per tablespoon according to the containers that I read at the store.

I went to the low carb store last night and loaded up on cheddar pork rinds and cinnamon/splenda pork rinds as well as davinci syrup (cherry) and bunches of 'just the cheese'. Mmmm mmmmm mmmm!

Then, on my way home I stopped at Ross (discount store) and decided to try on some jeans since the pair I was wearing need to be retired due to excessive bigness. I currently make a point of buying low-rise jeans (cause they're so dang comfy!) and ones that are snug enough to squish my fat over the top a little but not too tight to move. If I get them too tight, I can wear them for longer - maybe a whole month! Anyway, last night I bought my first pair of size 7's. Whoopie!!!! I can't believe it! Yes, they're tight. Yes, I'm not really that size yet. But I've got the dang things on anyway and I'm thrilled!

Then, to celebrate I was a bad bad muffin. I used my new cherry davinci syrup with some diet sprite and rum and had a couple of drinks with the hubby last night. No carbs, but alcohol still slows the weight loss down.

Now I'm at work drinking my 20 ounce decaf with 1 tbsp of half & half and 2 packets of splenda listening to the most disgusting man ever created who happens to sit a couple of cubes away from me hawk and snort his way through his morning (I've dubbed him Mr. Mucus). Ugh!!! Thank god I'm not hung over!!!!
Old 10-24-2003, 12:41 PM   #65  
Movin' and Losin'

StarPrincess: Way to go on the size 7 jeans!! That's awesome!! Ahh, I can't wait for that day...

And, I just posted a question about where you bought the cinnamon pork rinds on the food journal. So, you can ignore me over there! I think I need to find a low-carb store here, if one exists... If not, I'll just keep making the cinnamon pork rinds -- they are delicious!! Cheddar cheese pork rinds sound awesome, too. I've only found plain, bbq and hot and spicy, but I haven't been to a low-carb store, either. Pork rinds are a wonderfu, wonderful thing!!

Take care,
Jina
Old 10-24-2003, 12:43 PM   #66  
Head Princess

Angry

Hi Jina -

I saw your question on the other page and already replied so I'll do so here, too. Check out www.gramsgourmet.com they are the ones who make this yumminess. The website will tell you which stores near you sell their products as well as where you can order them online.

Old 10-24-2003, 12:46 PM   #67  
Movin' and Losin'

Thank you, thank you, thank you, StarPrincess!! I couldn't find any stores in Florida, but I did find one right by where my parents live in Kansas. I am making a trip there next weekend, so I'll just leave plenty of room in my suitcase for packing pork rinds! Thanks again!!
Old 10-24-2003, 12:49 PM   #68  
Head Princess

You're welcome! Let me know how you love them And have a great time on your trip - in case I forget to tell you next week!
Old 10-24-2003, 01:28 PM   #69  
reaching my goals

My life seems pretty dull compared to what's going on with all of you. I did manage to lose another pound though. I'm down to 175. I can't remember the last time I was this low. I'm pretty proud. My 16s and 16Ws are pretty loose. Last weekend I bought some knit capris for walking and was able to buy a large. I was super-psyched about that. I also can't remember the last time I bought a large without X's in front of it. I know it must have been cut large but still I'm proud.

fullfig, I think I'm gaining weight after reading about all that yummy food. The apple was probably the best you ever ate because you've been so apple deprived on Atkins. I experienced the same thing with white loaf bread at our recent blood drive. I wasn't gonna eat it with my diet drink but a few people kept asking me how I was feeling. I finally looked in mirror and realized why. I was very pale. So I broke down and ate a turkey sandwich that was pre-made. I swear that was the best and freshest loaf bread I've ever eaten. Thankfully it didn't result in me running to store and buying a loaf.

StarPrincess, how tall are you? I've heard a lot of you talk of small sizes. I've never been able to fit in anything smaller than a 9/10. I reached this size at 136 and 145. I was muscular at 145 while working/managing lumber/millworks department at Lowe's. It's amazing what lifting sheetrock, concrete, lumber, and doors on a daily basis will do for your muscles. Anyway I'm 5'7". When I do the wrist test, I seem to be small to medium boned. Just curious as I would love to be smaller than a 10.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:38 PM   #70  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Like I will never wear a size 7 either, but I am very excited for you Star - what an awesome feeling that must be. Keep up the good work.

So still feeling depressed and upset about my "breve latte extravaganza" so I checked out the Starbucks website to see if there was ANYTHING EXCITING I could have.

I used to drink cappuccinos pre-atkins, but knowing they were made with milk I kept away from them. Now I see they are WAY BETTER than those lattes, and I can have a tall w/cream for about 8 carbs?? Still may not be worth it (who wants to drink their carbs anyways?)....but good to know for an occasional treat. Will also try the Cafe Americano w/cream and see how I like it.

Star - did you invent that drink - sounds very yummy and I"m sure a couple won't slow you down too much.

SBM - as for cheating and glucose vs fat burning. I believe if you are in ketosis you would still be burning fat - it obviously depends on the amount of sugar ingested. Sometimes I hear there is a delayed effect - and it does take a few hours to notice a change - but you may be in ketotis shortly after eating sugar/glucose...but next day or later you will slip out of ketosis (as well I've also heard of delayed weight gain not next day, but day after).

So plan those cheats carefully, and monitor ketosis. Best to do in evening, 2 hours after meal.

Froufy
Old 10-24-2003, 01:57 PM   #71  
Head Princess

Supersized - I'm 5'3" and a medium/large bone structure thanks to my dad. All three brothers got mom's tiny bones and I got the huge ones! Oh well, maybe it will help protect me from osteoperosis. The strange thing for me is that while I'm all excited about the size 7, when I look in the mirror, I still look the same to me as I did 40 pounds ago. I have had some eating disorder issues in the past so I'm wondering if it's part of that, or if it's common with people who are losing weight. Any thoughts?

Froufy - I did make the drink up. Being married to a guy who works weekends in a bar forces me into libation creativity. I also tried cherry syrup, caffeine free diet coke and black label Jim Beam. Very yummy as well. And for a final alcohol tip, Baja Bob's makes yummy low carb margarita mixes. Just be sure to cut them with diet sprite or something similar because they tend have a strong flavor!
Old 10-24-2003, 02:10 PM   #72  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

SP your a size 7 and you weigh 161 lbs ???? thats amazing, where is your weight stored ?

I will never be a size 7, at 5'10" I think I would look pretty bad. I'm just striving for a size 14 that would be like heaven.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:12 PM   #73  

I weigh 164 and I am struggling to get into a size 12! I am 5'5.

Must be in the boobs
Old 10-24-2003, 02:31 PM   #74  
Head Princess

It's the bones, I swear! When I was at my smallest, I wore a size 5 and had a 23 1/2 inch waist and still weighed 145. I just don't make sense - what can I say?

For the record, even though I can wear the size 7s, I wouldn't say they fit. They're pretty darn tight still. Based on my loss record, they'll fit nicely in about 3 weeks.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:11 PM   #75  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Default enjoy.....your weekend

Hi Froufy. From reading your posts and your current one today, I gather that you live in the Ottawa area? I used to live in Ottawa and then moved to Carleton Place before moving to North Carolina. I LOVED THE MARKET area too.....do you ever go to cafe bohemiam on william st? oh.....and the beaver tails are to die for!!! (before atkins of course) sometimes, when I'm eating those porkrinds and cinnamon/splenda; I imagine they are a beaver tail!!! LOL crazy eh? now you've gone and made me feel homesick. hope you have a great weekend sans kids and enjoy the shopping at the rideau centre. I worked there for about 10 years in the days of Brettons. haha..thats really dating myself.
Closed Thread