Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 08:37 PM   #61  
Slimwithin

I'm here but I dont have much to say. Same old, same old.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:49 PM   #62  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Okay...let's see now..what can I add?

Home now after FABULOUS dinner at Red Lobster (lobster and prime rib)...a bit high on the calories today, but not too bad. Carbs okay too!

Have a headache due to a sore nose...okay this is really weird, when I touch my nose, it hurts. Feels tender as if I hit it or someone bashed it....very strange. Asked dh if he possibly hit my nose while asleep last night, but I think that would have woken me up??? So what's up with the sore nose?

I of course keep touching it...which makes it hurt. Now have a throbbing pain, heading upward, and I kind of have a mild headache now.

Only "new" item is a new supplement I got today with Chromium polynicotinate in it...also has some ginseng and citrimax...any chance that a new supplement is causing nose tenderness?

I think I'll take some painkillers before bed!

Nitey nite!

Froufy
Old 10-18-2003, 01:45 PM   #63  
reaching my goals

Y'all are doing great. I can't wait to try the prok rind recipes. I try not to think about what I'm eating while I'm eating or I get a little sick. I found some salt and vinegar ones in Mississippi but can't find them back home in Virginia. Had I know that I would have bought as many as I could get my hands on.

I have to keep my calories down and my carbs well below 20 in order to see a loss. Most days I think my carbs are 10 or under. I have a very slow metabolism.

I've started drinking decaffeinated coffee with splenda and davinci syrup. I'm gonna try to cut back on the sweeteners to eventually get to black but it will take a little while. Last week I was adding ricotta cheese as a replacement for heavy cream...sounds gross but not bad as I was putting it in the blender. Anyway this week I'm down to just the sweeteners. I add ice to make it seem more like a treat.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:35 PM   #64  
Card Carrying Princess

Wow supersized...I don't know if I could do the coffee black thing! I did wean myself off of sugar/sweetener in coffee a few years ago (now I can't stand it sweet.....unless it's iced coffee). I do need my CREAM however, I don't think I could ever give it up.

I switch from half and half to table cream - while the heavier cream is a bit lower in carbs...it's WAY higher in calories, and sometimes when I see those numbers I get a bit freaked!

Also keep whipping cream around for the occasional treat, usually whip w/added sf vanilla syrup...and just found a place today that sells MANY flavors and brought home some sf raspberry and sf chocolate syrup to try out.

Froufy
Old 10-19-2003, 06:00 PM   #65  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

HI Everyone!

Must be having a great Sunday! I am ! DH and DS are at a birthday party and DD is having a nap. I just got off the treadmill and wanted to check email before I started dinner!

TMO is weigh in and I am wondering how it will go. I have been good and stayed off the scale this week, but TOM pulled a fast one on me this month. I bled for 1 hour on the 11th and then nothing. THe Doctor told me not to worry about it for now, but I am feeling a bit out of sorts and slightly bloated. I am eating on track and have added another glass or 2 of water everyday this week just to see if it would help a bit. And it did.. but it still makes me wonder... sigh!

See ya all in the morning!
Old 10-19-2003, 08:10 PM   #66  
reaching my goals

Froufy, I got hooked on the creamer in my hot tea while living on the Canadian border. I've just now broken myself from that one. I'm not a coffee drinker by nature but Fullfig and her husband got me hooked on iced coffee this summer while I visited them. Of course my version isn't nearly as good. I'm hoping I can get down to the plain decaffeinated coffee before too long. I do like those sf syrups. I have the vanilla and hazelnut ones. That's all I can find so far. Does your store have a website that I could order from?
Old 10-19-2003, 09:31 PM   #67  
Card Carrying Princess

Well Sunday is almost over and I DREAD going to work tomorrow. My nose still hurts, but now I remember a few days ago, dd accidentally doing a turn and slightly catching me in the nose. At the time it didn't hurt that much, but I am paying for it now! Very tender...I assume if it was serious I would be in huge pain.

Brunch today at Denny's (scram slam) and dinner at home. Bad news is I discovered macadamia nuts.....finally found some, roasted, in a can at grocery store....very expensive too. Well dh and I "snacked" on a few.....okay...like half the can is gone! Will have to be careful with those!

Doing laundry and gearing up for work tomorrow.....my colleague/team mate is gone for the week, so I am it! He always says there is nothing going on at his end.....then while he's gone all **** breaks loose and I end up taking care of everything and getting major stress attacks. On Friday afternoon, we also met with our head guy and had a talk about our supervisor who we are having problems with.....and I know he will find out about the "chat"...I'm hoping he is not TOO angry and that I can look him in the face this week knowing that he had a talking to!

Supersized...as for the sf syrups...I'm pretty sure you have WAY more choices where you are than here in Canada. I am so lucky to have found any sf syrups....the brand name here is Torani, and it was pretty $$$ but not much choice so I coughed up the money.

I think Da Vinci has a website in the states, and many other lc online stores have sf syrups that they will ship to you (not many of them ship to Canada...and the exchange rate makes it prohibitive).

Going to fold laundry, surf and go to bed!

Nitey nite.

Froufy

Last edited by Froufy; 10-19-2003 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:33 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 181/158.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I had a nice weekend, I went out of town, I cheated a little with a couple glasses of wine. Well back to being a good girl. I won't weigh in again until Thursday so maybe I can work it off.
The weather is like summer here with temperatures in the 80s. Probably better enjoy while it lasts.

Dinki
Old 10-20-2003, 05:59 AM   #69  
thin within

we don't get the davinci stuff in turkey either. we are highly restricted in what we have available. i'm gonna try to find site that will ship to an apo address, as many will not.
Closed Thread