Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #151  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Hi Claire- I have never heard of or tried Mini lobsters but I love regular ones! We usually get a few feeds A yr... Christmas eve is one of them

Hope you're doing well!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone! I'm still here, and read what everyone's doing. I've been doing well but very busy because it is our tourist "season" here in South Florida and there are so many activities.

I've been going to my exercise class and sticking quite well to primal. I'm very happy I am easily maintaining while eating as much as I care to. It is wonderful, really, when I think of how I was always hungry prior to this WOE.

Anyhow, at some point I will get motivated to begin losing again but right now I'm happy where I am.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

I'm still here - lurking more than typing as I didn't want to have to reply to myself. Anyway, slowly getting better. I've officially been sick WAY longer than I imagined. I think it's because I had a stomach virus and then the sinusitus/cold/sore throat immediately after - no time to rebound. Plus, IT'S TIME FOR SPRING ALLERGIES! How can spring beauty be so amazing and so evil at the same time. I'm drifting back, but not in a whole 30 way. So far I'm allowing a little modern food still, but heck, I'm not on a whole 30 and when I was I wasn't perfect. I still have made HUGE improvements in our habits. I am amazed at what I don't want anymore. It is time to tweak a little more, we've eaten out more than we need to. So we've both committed to a cooking at home plan, and thus a more primal tilt. I ate somewhat primal eating out, but sometimes we just want what we want.

CJzee - way cool girl. Do what works for you when it's time.

Today, cleaning, cooking a couple roasts - meant to thaw a two pack, and pop one back in freezer before completely thawed. FAIL. Thawed both. So 2 big hunka hunka burning meats coming up for today. Well, I can refreeze it after cooked for a convenience meal night. Win win!

I've started couponing - and wow isn't it great. But no primal coupons, well except a couple for salads and eggs. So, I've decided to tackle learning to garden to cut food costs and maybe cowpool if I can get the cash up and find 3 other cowpoolers. Also, foraging. It's Poke Salat time here in the south I think Also, found a source for a little raw milk - for cheap - and I already know how to make yogurt - so again. And a source for chicken eggs, however, they eat feed plus foraging. So, a good compromise on eggs. OH, also for CHEAP. happy happy happy. Food's gonna get cheaper around the kel house.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #154  

Ok, I am officially crazy. I decided to do the kekwick diet as outlined in the Atkins book, for 4 days, to get fat burning started . Its basically a fat fast. Even the most metabolically resistant people can lose on it, averaging 0.9 lbs a day.
Dh thinks I'm insane. I figure it'll be a good experiment, and hey, I can do anything for 4 days right ??

I am on day one and on plan. And not hungry at all.. We shall see

On a positive note, someone died so I had to try on my funeral pants. One were too big and the other pair, still with tags, fit very comfortably. When I bought them last year I could get them on but they weren't comfortable and I had a muffin top.

I went to that $1 gym but they're closed Sunday's so i might join tomorrow....

Hope everyone had a great low carb weekend!
Old 03-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 192/172/150

Height: 5'5"

Natalia, that sounds very interesting (4 day diet) .....please let me know how that goes.....

I'm struggling with whether or not I should join OA.......I just can't seem to stop my compulsive eating.....it seems to be getting worse. Also I'm a bit depressed lately.......I can't seem to get excited about things I once was.....that is why I haven't been posting.......

Kel......you are doing a great job on saving .....I need to do a little more leg work in that area too............
Old 03-07-2011, 01:15 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey, it's March!!!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 07:09 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sskar View Post
Hey, it's March!!!!!
Wow... oops!

Violets - maybe it would be worthwhile to give OA a try. I don't honestly know a ton about it. Hang in there, sweetie. Make sure you're getting enough vit D- try to get out in the sun, supplement, sleep.

Natalia -good luck, and yes, sounds interesting. What are you eating exactly??

Kel - girl, you are doing great! Tweaking = reality

CJ - I've been in a maintenance phase for a month and am ready to lose a little more. But, yes, it is nice to be able to maintain so effortlessly.

Good eating week - did a walk on Fri,Sat, Sun. Caught up on my sleep and then only slept 4 hours last night worrying about work stuff.

I'm very unhappy with my job/school right now - such a rough time for teachers. I am trying to figure out a way to make a change, but boy, change is scary. However, I cannot maintain this level of stress for the next however many years.

Have a good day all!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:18 AM   #158  

Day one fat fast summary:

The good: down 1.8 lbs

The bad: I have this gross taste in my mouth that won't go away and am nauseus

The ugly: woke up at 3am dripping in sweat and in a full-on panic attack. Almost came on here to post! My brain was trying to tell me it hates ketosis I think.. Lol I kept thinking, what if I have a rare case, one of the few people who cannot convert fat to glucose?? In that case maybe my brain was starving for energy. Of course that's ludicrous but if you have anxiety ludicrousness is irrelevant. I still cannot exclude the possibility. However I know with certainty my body can convert protein to glucose so maybe I should do the meat fast. I don't think that gave me the sick feeling.

I have to go to a viewing and funeral and it would be a bad time to feel sick and panicky. Ugh. I don't know what to do today except keep things super low carb and try to get my water in...
Old 03-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #159  
Ilene the Bean

I started a March thread here
Old 03-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #160  

Link to Gary Taubes and Dr. Oz
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/man-w...ays-wrong-pt-1
Old 03-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Dr. Oz is a cardio-vascular surgeon who is just a TV personality spouting very little evidence-based medicine.

/signed the opinion of a Preventive Medicine physician (me) who knows better than to have gained this much weight and also knows better than to listen to surgeons about nutrition.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:41 AM   #162  

Sorry, I ended up posting in the old thread, here is the link to the new March thread.
Closed Thread