3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Primal/Paleo-ish in October (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/213784-primal-paleo-ish-october.html)

sparky1946 10-20-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilene (Post 3530159)
Sandy, you say that you're afraid to gain weight if you weight train but then you say : « I lost only 10 pounds but I looked very much better. » you lost weight and didn't gain. What makes you soooo sure you'll gain this time around...The trainers that were harping on you were wrong in doing so ... Just the fact that you looked and felt better is all the more reason to start weight training NOW :strong: ... OK off my :soap: :lol:

I knew I was going to get this from somebody (The Bean) lol.

I have a rhythm, about 1.25 pounds a week. I have an excel spread sheet that tracks this progress and projects when I will be at goal, if I don't slow down, which I might as I get closer to goal. Do you want me to screw up my spread sheet? :) Just kidding.

I will start when I hit 145 which means that I will not be technically overweight with a BMI, which I know is really not correct in my case but for insurance purposes it looks better. I am going to start with my flabby arms as they will not gain much in weight. I also have a tendency for big thighs, I am just doing my cardio for my legs until goal.

This is what I have to do for my brain. If I had a dexa in my house and could test that it really is muscle, it would be different. I can't see it beneath all the fat. I need to get down farther before I start.

I love you Ilene....:hug:

sf40 10-20-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikkijoe (Post 3530139)
Here is the problem, To shoot for 1500 cals, and have 60 carbs that leaves 1260 cals for fat and protien. According to PB I should have 100 grms protien--that is ALOT. Even if I got there I would have 95 grms of fat! That puts me at 16% c/ 26% p/ 57% f
What do you think about this?

Will read and catch up more later, but wanted to offer my support. Mikkijoe, you can do this! Focus on how good you seem to feel and the wonderful food you prepare. I also wanted to tell you that I am consuming about 60-65% fat and am losing steadily - 1 to 2 pounds a week. I also feel really good at this amount of fat. I personally think your ratios look good, but we're all different and you may need to continue to adjust. Try this for a few weeks and see how it goes. :)

sf40 10-20-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJZee (Post 3530143)
This is NOT a new photo, I'm 35 pounds lighter than the "after". I have lost quite a bit since then off my thighs, but they are super jiggly. But, PTL, I can fit into size 14 pants now, they actually slip over my thighs and butt.

Amazing! I can only imagine how fantastic you must look now!

Ilene 10-20-2010 01:05 PM

:hug: Love you too Sparky :lol: ... I am just soooo pro-weight training that I must convert you too :lol: ... But you have a plan and it sounds great and in no way would I want you to screw up your spread sheet :nono:

CJ -- great progress... would love to see your -25lb pics, there must be a very big difference :yes:

sparky1946 10-20-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilene (Post 3530285)
:hug: Love you too Sparky :lol: ... I am just soooo pro-weight training that I must convert you too :lol: ...

I really am so pro-weight training as well. I am actually going to try to get as much muscle growth as I am capable of once I hit goal. I do not know what that will mean as far as the scale. It will be really funny if I am Ms Senior America and I wear size 4 and weigh 155!!!!

Then I will send you a case of wine!

Ilene 10-20-2010 01:44 PM

:lol: @ Sparky ....Waiting for that wine :cheers: cuz you know I loves my wine :D ... Funny you should mention size 4 at 155 because years ago on this forum there was a MrsJim who hung around and she was same height as me, weighed 155 and wore a size 4! I saw many pics of her and she was definitely small, so it can be done :yes: .... So go for it Granny :strong:

I'm svelting! 10-21-2010 07:55 AM

So "step 1" of my transition is going alright -- trying to get to 50% fat calories. (I'm already doing LOTS of veg!) The last 4 days have averaged 48.8%. Not there yet, but a lot closer to 50% than last week. This may take me while! Right now I actually like tracking the data, and seeing the analysis. I come by it honestly though -- my dad kept a food journal for calories and carbs AGAINST the advice of a dietitician he saw to get and keep his blood glucose levels in check!

I better find some fatty foods I like. To start, I do have an avocado ripening on the counter and I found a nice source of well-raised pork-bacon at a local butcher shop. I may hit the luxury markets this weekend to see if I can find some grass-fed butter.

Ilene 10-21-2010 09:19 AM

I'm 155 on the nose this morning :D but the weekend is coming and I am meeting up with some GFs and we are having wine on Friday night and she's making pasta, of all things... She asked if I liked pasta, of course I said yes but in my head I am screaming NOOOOOOOOO! Oh, well, c'est la vie! I guess *sigh* .... I'll have to portion control ....

sparky1946 10-21-2010 03:27 PM

Another 2 week challenge...

I am thinking about another 2 week 20 or under net carb challenge starting Nov. 1. Anybody game?

I need to get under 150 and the last time I doubled my weightloss in the 2 week period.

Ilene 10-21-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky1946 (Post 3532215)
I am thinking about another 2 week 20 or under net carb challenge starting Nov. 1. Anybody game?

I need to get under 150 and the last time I doubled my weightloss in the 2 week period.

Let's reach 150 at the same time! I'm going to try really really hard to stick to 20 carbs... Now net carbs are the carbs when the fiber is taken out? Right? I should know this but :doh: I don't :lol:

CJZee 10-21-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky1946 (Post 3532215)

I would LOVE to BUT I can't ... I'm on this ding-danged doctor diet with the oat bran and extra fruit, darn it.

Ilene 10-21-2010 05:43 PM

CJ -- I was just figuring out on fitday and with an apple, raspberries, ground flax and 2 cups of lettuce and it came out to 23.8 net grams of fat... I think it can be done :yes:

sparky1946 10-21-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilene (Post 3532403)
Let's reach 150 at the same time! I'm going to try really really hard to stick to 20 carbs... Now net carbs are the carbs when the fiber is taken out? Right? I should know this but :doh: I don't :lol:

Yes, I find not doing net carbs is really just eating fat and protein. It worked OK the last time. Is Nov 1st an OK start date?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJZee (Post 3532434)
I would LOVE to BUT I can't ... I'm on this ding-danged doctor diet with the oat bran and extra fruit, darn it.

I will probably need to do this every once in a while to move into the next 10 pound goal. So maybe next time? I forget how long the doc wants you to do this diet? I suppose until he likes your numbers, huh?

Ilene 10-21-2010 05:52 PM

So, forgive me, but net carbs it really total carbs and not subtracting the fiber am I right? Straighten me out on this girls :lol:

Ilene 10-21-2010 05:53 PM

Damn, I just remembered that we're going to NYC on the weekend of Nov 4th... No way, I don't think, I can do that during vacation...