3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Primal/Paleo-ish in October (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/213784-primal-paleo-ish-october.html)

I'm svelting! 10-30-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky1946 (Post 3544875)
Also, your doctor's comment about MS (they have it - you don't) - I, at first, thought the subjects had Multiple Sclerosis. Hope your doc didn't make the same mistake. LOL

Sharp eyes Sandy! It would be good news not to have Metabolic Syndrome, but it would definitely worth CJ asking what he meant/understood by MS. I'd bet he's only read the summary line of abstract.

CJZee 10-31-2010 06:29 AM

(Purple from WildViolets)
First I wanted to comment on your acid reflux. I too had that and had been given Prevacid for awhile and later omprezole. I don't take them anymore due (as you) to my diet. Also a naturopath told me that I may not make enough acid in my stomach and so I took a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water before meals which really helped. I think that was more the problem, not too much acid, but rather not enough.....also what i was eating.
Good idea to try the apple cider vinegar. I am so bummed about the acid reflux as it was horrible when I had it. I actually went to the emergency room once I thought I was having a heart attack, it was very severe. It is not to that point yet, but I feel I am damaging myself after I semi "fixed" myself (okay, okay, you know what I mean, LOL!)

I used to LOVE oatmeal and eat it frequently for breakfast or in homemade granola. In retrospect, it really hurt my stomach. I used the whole rolled oats or steel cut, but they just don't agree with me as I get older.
I had been eating oat bran, but I am switching to oatmeal. I don't know if that will make any difference, but now the acid reflux is coming after most food so I'm afraid I'm on a downhill slide.

Would the apple cider work for you? Just a thought. I agree that your old diet would be better. I think I'm going to do this diet until Nov. 15 when I have my dr. appt. However, if my bloodwork hasn't improved exponentially, I'm not going to continue it, too much downside. From everything I've read, my cholesterol is pretty darned good because of my high HDL and low triglycerides and Pattern A LDL. Of course, I wish it were lower mostly so all these doctors would get off my case. But cholesterol is not the only thing that counts.

Now for the omega 3 comment from your dr......is he a good doctor in your opinion? I thought you said he was a special type of doctor. I don't know what to tell you. I myself am leaning toward eating more oily fish per healthy skeptic and The Perfect Diet recommendations as well as decrease omega-6 oils and food.
He is a new doctor for me. He practices what is called "integrative medicine" in that he supposedly combines traditional medicine (he's an MD) and alternative approaches. I do not know if I like him. I don't think he listens well. I think he's smart, though. That counts for something. I don't necessarily think he understands morbidly obese people. I personally am physically and mentally dealing with this issue (obesity). You know, it is so simple in a way (cut your calories!) but in other ways it's so complicated (raging hunger, micro-nutrients, exercise, acid reflux, supplements, body image, cultural norms, etc. etc.)

Good luck to you!
Thank you!

CJZee 10-31-2010 06:35 AM

From Sandy: Also, your doctor's comment about MS (they have it - you don't) - I, at first, thought the subjects had Multiple Sclerosis. Hope your doc didn't make the same mistake. LOL
From I'm Svelting: Sharp eyes Sandy! It would be good news not to have Metabolic Syndrome, but it would definitely worth CJ asking what he meant/understood by MS. I'd bet he's only read the summary line of abstract.

Hi Sandy and Svelting -- you know, I bet he DID think it was Multiple Sclerosis! Thanks for pointing that out to me.

sparky1946 10-31-2010 04:04 PM

A strange thing is happening. Ever since I started taking my supplements, my FBG has gone up by about 10 points.

Hmmmm will have to call my OB/GYN and see if anything I am taking could cause this.

See all you under 20 netters tomorrow!

2 Week Carb Challenge
Total Carbs Net Carbs
11/1
11/2
11/3
11/4
11/5
11/6
11/7
11/8
11/9
11/10
11/11
11/12
11/13
11/14

CJZee 10-31-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky1946 (Post 3546264)
A strange thing is happening. Ever since I started taking my supplements, my FBG has gone up by about 10 points.

What supplements did you start? CJ

sparky1946 10-31-2010 09:42 PM

Here they are:

Omega-3 Super Pill
Calcium Pyruvate
Chromium
Digest
GlucoBalance
IgG 2000 DF capsules
Jarro-Dophilus + FOS powder
L-arginine Powder
MegaRed Krill Oil
Bio-D-Mulsion Forte
SpectraMin In Reversatrol
Cortisol Manager
Niaspan
Pregnenolone

Mikkijoe 11-01-2010 03:55 PM

WOW Nov 1 is already here huh?
Better get my game on. I have just had almonds here at work, and will have pork roast sammiches on primal bread (egg, spinach, coconut flour and cashews) and we will have a salad on the side. So there will be no issue with being on target for the challenge

Ilene 11-01-2010 05:41 PM

Just started the November thread... C'mon down :wave: ....

Primal/Paleo-ish in November